Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

BMS tuning evolution - Adopting CAN

Terry has been rather quiet on this and I am wondering why.

Some updates were posted today regarding the direction in which the JB is headed and well, clearly it is migrating toward the Procede is certain ways.

What I am particularly interested in is what affect this progression will have on the price point. I don't think it is any secret that BMS has the best price point and will be attempting to undercut what Vishnu stresses as their main advantage time and time again which is the CAN bus.

Some pics:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Now will this evolve into a stand alone product at a higher price point while the JB3 is still offered at its enticing price point or will the JB3 cease production in favor of this? I forgot what Terry called this but it has a specific name. Either way, seems BMS is taking it to Vishnu on all fronts.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I saw this statement from Adrian regarding the evolution of the BMS product and I wanted to address it:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adrian@Vishnu
    I am pleased to see you guys are progressing, as we have often not seen eye to eye on what features are useful for this platform, and you copying what we have done proves our point really. Perhaps in future you could refrain from putting down Procede new features as part of your marketting strategy if you plan to copy them yourself in future as it does not help us, and it makes you look silly, and it just confuses the market.
    I find this difficult to accept considering how often I have seen first hand right here Shiv take shots at the JB3 as being inferior and basically considering it nothing more than a boost controller. Now the latter part may be accurate in certain respects but why would that not be considered a put down? It is a bit hypocritical to tell Mike@N54tech to refrain from taking shots at the Procede considering how often Vishnu takes shots at BMS.

One more point to address:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adrian@Vishnu
    I can't help but feel that BMS is really riding on the back of our success. I am happy for competition, but frustrated that it is not really competition, and instead blatant copying with no innovation that ends up cutting into our bottom line and therefore our ability to push things even further.
    Welcome to business 101. Call me crazy, but the day of the 1k tune and advocating it on the basis of certain features the JB3 is not capable of looks to be coming to an end.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

I dont think BMS ever put down the proceeds features...they simply just pointed out how they were implementing them the wrong way.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is my question:

if BMW offers a product with end user adjustability, will Shiv "unlock" the proCEDE ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

good bring over sticky, im also curious to see what BMS can do with CAN. i wonder what shiv will put out next (the updates are frighteningly close to each other, all the time lol)? maybe finally the in-dash gauge lay-out? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge

if BMW offers a product with end user adjustability, will Shiv "unlock" the proCEDE ?
    In what ways is it currently "locked" ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Welcome to business 101. Call me crazy, but the day of the 1k tune and advocating it on the basis of certain features the JB3 is not capable of looks to be coming to an end.
    +1
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It doesnt really have end user adjustability. Just "autotune"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    good bring over sticky, im also curious to see what BMS can do with CAN. i wonder what shiv will put out next (the updates are frighteningly close to each other, all the time lol)? maybe finally the in-dash gauge lay-out? Click here to enlarge
    I don't think there will be a next. CP-E has the most customizable feature set so that is in their bag. Procede is (was?) the best middle ground. BMS had the best price point.

I'm not sure what further evolution on that end is possible other than lowering the price point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I thought that meant it was supposed to be highly adaptable and give the you the best at all times or is that not the case?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

it don't?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Nice post!
    I would love to learn what each of these are, im not certain what im looking at in each picture lol!

It is just complete hell over on e90post, with all the PROcede owners bringing there BS in that thread, no JB3 owner can get any info, or talk about this update through. BB FTW!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Facial expressions don't count.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge come on T! Click here to enlarge give us something
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge come on T! Click here to enlarge give us something
    Click here to enlarge Tell us what those things are and what this thing is going to be called. I remember reading the name but I forgot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

I really don't have anything to add to Mike's post right now. But as you know many users have requested certain advanced features the JB3 doesn't offer and there are other features we want to add that no hardware available today supports. Plus we had to make a new board for the N55 anyway which requires more I/O so wrapping it all in to one. It will really be a win/win for JB3 owners.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I really don't have anything to add to Mike's post right now. But as you know many users have requested certain advanced features the JB3 doesn't offer and there are other features we want to add that no hardware available today supports. Plus we had to make a new board for the N55 anyway which requires more I/O so wrapping it all in to one. It will really be a win/win for JB3 owners.
    Damn it Terry, come on.

What features are you looking to add that hardware today doesn't support?

What about the cost and the future of the JB3 itself? Is this going to be offered alongside the JB3 or will the JB3 be phased out? What do you anticipate the effect on pricing to be?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

from what i understand it will only be offered to existing JB3 customers, so i doubt it will be phased out.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

from what i understand it will only be offered to existing JB3 customers, so i doubt it will be phased out.
    It will only be offered to existing JB3 customers at first so that they can essentially do the initial batch of customer testing with people they already have a relationship with. That way any unforeseen problems can be resolved before launching it on a wider scale.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

ahh I see... Can Terry confirm this?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

ahh I see... Can Terry confirm this?
    Let's see if he does, that is just my theory as that is how I would roll it out.

I believe he also chose to roll out the 2.0 to a select group at first as well before slowly branching it out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Let's see if he does, that is just my theory as that is how I would roll it out.

I believe he also chose to roll out the 2.0 to a select group at first as well before slowly branching it out.
    Why would they state that only existing customers would be able to get in on it?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

The idea is to offer it as an upgrade to existing JB3 customers only. They are the ones that will appreciate the new features the most! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

The idea is to offer it as an upgrade to existing JB3 customers only. They are the ones that will appreciate the new features the most! Click here to enlarge
    To existing JB3 customers period or do you plan to expand this later? Is this just your plan initially?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast