Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i dont know why the question of if they will do a BT w/o meth is raised, or what the fueling solution is. Already stated that they wont do it w/o meth. meth=fuel meth=higher octane
    still like to know why they are not going beyond 24 psi on shivs and 22 psi on customer cars.. i mean, i know why.. but i want to hear them say it
    Did they explicitly state that they would not run the kit without meth? That's crap. I better get on the list for the next RB batch...
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Did they explicitly state that they would not run the kit without meth? That's crap. I better get on the list for the next RB batch...
    i dont recall specifics, N54 is not my main focus anymore.

have an idea
    @shiv@vishnu selling these kits without meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The dyno earlier was for the HPF car, can't remember the turbo they are running on it but upper basically 475whp dynojet on 92 octane no meth @ 20psi, so maybe a bit more in it with a N20 sensor but not much IMO. Spool was pretty far to the right so it may not be one of the smaller turbos.

I held off on RBs in March wanting to see what the single would do to an AT car, with the claim being 450wtq or less, as it stands now I'm regretting that decision. But who knows, maybe when they run that goofy ass car of creaminz at the strip it will trap higher than shiv's car LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    420 on a mustang, was 460 on the DJ i went to. same settings, back in jb3 days. even then, thats what, 500 hp, @22psi for more "efficient" turbo? nope, not buying it, dont know why anyone would
    Well you not buying it is really no big surprise. You are the resident conspiracy theorists, right? So, I'm not going to lend much weight to that.

They stated that stock 335s dyno 235whp on this dyno. Both my stock 335s dyno'd ~286whp on Dynojets. That is already a bigger difference than you claim, which only gets bigger as the hp increases (delta is scaled as well). There is a lot of ways that a Mustang dyno can be adjusted. It's actually pretty neat when you get your hands on one. Having played with one, it is pretty reasonable to believe that you can get much higher differences than people are speculating here. Although it is possible that the differences can be small too.

I remember my friend who owned a fully modded e55, put down 70-80whp less on the Mustang dyno than he put down numerous times when we were playing with it and was pissed. He didn't believe it was accurate. Then we put the dyno in the 1/4 mile mode where you run a mock 1/4 mile. Sure enough, he was within 0.1-0.2 s of what he runs at the track and a few mph. It was pretty cool. After, they told him to do another dyno pull. We changed some settings and he made 1000whp Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I dont recall an explicit statement, I do recall something on the lines of, it will be far from full potential on straight pump gas which should kind of tell you everything right there. This may be why we have only seen one pump gas dyno and it was on a very universal blend of 94 LOL and didn't make crazy power. It comes down to the fact that it takes a lot to make big power in this platform due to fueling constraints and ECU inflexibility.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    This is more than 500 dynojet whp, which is good with 91oct + meth. Now the question is, what is wrong with the spool, since they don't feel comfortable with posting the dyno graph.
    did they mention torque numbers too?

I don't recall seeing torque numbers, and I'm really curious as to how the tq graph looks given an unbuilt AT can only handle so much.

I wonder if the single turbo setups are an option if you don't want to use meth? Haven't seen dynos or logs without meth so far.
    I believe Eric's HPF 335 had a dyno on just 92octane without meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    did they mention torque numbers too?

I don't recall seeing torque numbers, and I'm really curious as to how the tq graph looks given an unbuilt AT can only handle so much.
    I believe Eric's HPF 335 had a dyno on just 92octane without meth.
    Would be great to see something similar from a Vishnu BT car. His setup looks superior to the HPF build which seems very laggy, based on the dyno sheet posted above.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    The dyno earlier was for the HPF car, can't remember the turbo they are running on it but upper basically 475whp dynojet on 92 octane no meth @ 20psi, so maybe a bit more in it with a N20 sensor but not much IMO. Spool was pretty far to the right so it may not be one of the smaller turbos.
    That changes things, I thought that graph was for this setup.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    They stated
    riiiight.. because the shiv would NEVER lie.... this is why I dont believe it... wanna know why else, because we all know goddamn well if it was a good product and dyno, those graphs would be blasted all over the place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

but wait, it all makes sense if you just raise boost another 1psi LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

@dzenno, i think i catch whats going on but not 100%... do explain please

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

he lied to me saying you have to send the REV 2.5 or REV2 to him for unlocking....... bull$#@!....
    all this after putting at least 500 USD in gas and many hours for testing his missfire maps...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Well you not buying it is really no big surprise. You are the resident conspiracy theorists, right? So, I'm not going to lend much weight to that.

They stated that stock 335s dyno 235whp on this dyno. Both my stock 335s dyno'd ~286whp on Dynojets. That is already a bigger difference than you claim, which only gets bigger as the hp increases (delta is scaled as well). There is a lot of ways that a Mustang dyno can be adjusted. It's actually pretty neat when you get your hands on one. Having played with one, it is pretty reasonable to believe that you can get much higher differences than people are speculating here. Although it is possible that the differences can be small too.

I remember my friend who owned a fully modded e55, put down 70-80whp less on the Mustang dyno than he put down numerous times when we were playing with it and was pissed. He didn't believe it was accurate. Then we put the dyno in the 1/4 mile mode where you run a mock 1/4 mile. Sure enough, he was within 0.1-0.2 s of what he runs at the track and a few mph. It was pretty cool. After, they told him to do another dyno pull. We changed some settings and he made 1000whp Click here to enlarge

exactly, you cant compare mustang numbers at all unless you are comparing the SAME MUSTANG DYNO. CPE's mustang reads very low, fbo gtr hit 385awhp on it. Whats that say?

oh and i dont see anything wrong with saying running an upgraded turbo on pump only is far from its true potential......no $#@! it is. Pump gas can only be pushed so far. Have a look at HPF pump only dyno's for the s54, they are nothing to cream your jeans over.

personally, I wouldnt go for anything smaller than the 62mm, 6466 would be interesting to see on full out race gas plus meth once larger injectors or extra injectors are figured out.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    he lied to me saying you have to send the REV 2.5 or REV2 to him for unlocking....... bull$#@!....
    all this after putting at least 500 USD in gas and many hours for testing his missfire maps...
    I don't think many would put it past him to lie if he knows the chances of him being caught are low. I know he has made secret accounts on n54tech and posted as if he was someone else in the past. Same for this forum. You just need to take the bad with the good with him I think. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Without the actual data we can only speculate. But being mated to an automatic transmission until they can raise the shift points the "dyno glory" (peak hp @ peak rpm) numbers are going to be limited. I need to dust off the Dimsport and raise the rev limiter to 7200rpm on our steptronic just to see if it has any effect on the shift points or if we can manually hold it in gear somehow. Never given it much thought before.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sniz Click here to enlarge
    oh and i dont see anything wrong with saying running an upgraded turbo on pump only is far from its true potential......no $#@! it is. Pump gas can only be pushed so far. Have a look at HPF pump only dyno's for the s54, they are nothing to cream your jeans over.
    what was the HP gain on a HPF on pump vs this on pump?
    meth isnt required for fueling on those are they?

see the difference?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But you gotta admit the quality and craftmanship at LTBMW is awesome. His diffusor is a unique one-off piece and fitment is spot-on, judging by the pics. So props for this. I like this car alot more then "blurple" which completely lacks a proper concept.
    This is what I question. What does the quality look like in person.

Here is a pic from BP. The paint finish of the diffuser looks like sh*t.

Honestly it looks homemade in a garage.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    This is what I question. What does the quality look like in person.

Here is a pic from BP. The paint finish of the diffuser looks like sh*t.

Honestly it looks homemade in a garage.

Click here to enlarge

reminds me too much of these:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Shiv, I want you to smell my finger. It should remind you of what comes out of your mouth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Can we stop talking about the diffuser please? It does not belong on a 3 series period.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Can we stop talking about the diffuser please? It does not belong on a 3 series period.
    +1000.
    This diffuser is the biggest piece of $#@! i've ever seen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Former's car has a dyno on 91 and 91 + meth on the same mustang, can't see the images because I'm at work but it's over on n54tech: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...t=15474&page=8

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

@SlicktopTTZ

can all the manipulations be shown on the dyno read-out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS
    553 rwhp on 91 plus methanol. That should be worth about 635 rwhp on a dynojet?
    This is on a mustang, so it is using the rpm setpoint. It redlines at 7200 rpm.
    One other thing to note, the rpm is off on this dyno so you can add about 500 rpms of full boost / full torque to this graph. That is over 3000 rpms of full torque versus about 2000 rpms on the stock turbos.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wow so he's down over 100whp on a mustang dyno without meth...guess you really do need it to touch the potential of the turbo. If you multiply ~430 by 1.15 for dynojet NO METH numbers, it looks very close to the HPF car on 92 octane.

Close to 500whp on pump gas, I wonder what the turbo would make on MS109 with no meth...hmm.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast