Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    nothing to do with flash... just additional can channels I would think. .
    OK. That is how I understood it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, Shiv, it is very convenient for you to say: "Point me to that thread" when this thread was ripped apart by the E90post mods about 1.5 months ago. In typical E90 fashion, posts were deleted, edited and people were banned.

EDIT:

Ohh, BTW, what happened to part 3 of N54 fueling research? Hmmm??? I guess you found out that you have no control over the injectors so you ended up with 4 meth nozzles for your big single?... Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by vasillalov; 05-30-2012 at 12:47 AM.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If they can get it to 500whp on the mustang I'd call that a win. The only 600whp that turbo is going to see though is a dynojet, maybe. I have a feeling the "small" turbo kit is going to be somewhat cheaper than people are thinking. Question is, are the axles going to need to be replaced like Shivs? What other costs are going to be incurred once the turbo install is complete and other things start breaking? At what point to the AT need to be upgraded? With RBs we pretty much know, if your 6MT, you'll need a clutch upgrade from stock eventually. Other than that there are no further costs associated with the twin upgrade. Can't remember the best dyno numbers on an RB but I imagine the $/HP ratio is pretty similiar to the small single upgrade minus the extra costs of things breaking.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    If they can get it to 500whp on the mustang I'd call that a win. The only 600whp that turbo is going to see though is a dynojet, maybe. I have a feeling the "small" turbo kit is going to be somewhat cheaper than people are thinking. Question is, are the axles going to need to be replaced like Shivs? What other costs are going to be incurred once the turbo install is complete and other things start breaking? At what point to the AT need to be upgraded? With RBs we pretty much know, if your 6MT, you'll need a clutch upgrade from stock eventually. Other than that there are no further costs associated with the twin upgrade. Can't remember the best dyno numbers on an RB but I imagine the $/HP ratio is pretty similiar to the small single upgrade minus the extra costs of things breaking.
    I think with RBs on a MT you will probably need to upgrade your axles at some point if you are MT and drag race with any regularity. The RBs probably make as much torque down low as most single turbo upgrades.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Well, Shiv, it is very convenient for you to say: "Point me to that thread" when this thread was ripped apart by the E90post mods about 1.5 months ago. In typical E90 fashion, posts were deleted, edited and people were banned.

EDIT:

Ohh, BTW, what happened to part 3 of N54 fueling research? Hmmm??? I guess you found out that you have no control over the injectors so you ended up with 4 meth nozzles for your big single?... Click here to enlarge
    I'd bet $3.50 the 600rw "fuel system" upgrade is a DME reflash along with a tuning activated inline booster pump. Hope to find out how well the combination works myself shortly. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'd bet $3.50 the 600rw "fuel system" upgrade is a DME reflash along with a tuning activated inline booster pump. Hope to find out how well the combination works myself shortly. Click here to enlarge
    So if Shiv is claiming he can monitor timing on all 6 cylinders without a re-flash, I would think it could be done on the JB4/5 as well couldn't it?

Also, if it's a DME reflash I wonder if that is only for > 500whp, I don't think I ever read about Eric's HPF single turbo car getting worked on by Shiv, so not sure if it has any fueling upgrades. I know he's not running meth on it anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    So if Shiv is claiming he can monitor timing on all 6 cylinders without a re-flash, I would think it could be done on the JB4/5 as well couldn't it?

Also, if it's a DME reflash I wonder if that is only for > 500whp, I don't think I ever read about Eric's HPF single turbo car getting worked on by Shiv, so not sure if it has any fueling upgrades. I know he's not running meth on it anyway.
    There isn't anything they can do that we can't do. It's just a matter of where you put your resources and priorities. We still have not gotten back to the cyl 2-6 advance monitoring since I first toyed with it a few months ago. The only methods I personally know of at this time involve either a DME reflash or some additional wires to the harness. If Shiv says it can be done without a reflash then I guess I'll take him at his word although if it was that simple, I expect they would have released it already, or at the very least not dodged the requests for additional information from their customers.

On the HPF I have not really been following their undertaking after seeing that manifold work. Do you have a link to a dynojet run w/ AFR on it?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    There isn't anything they can do that we can't do. It's just a matter of where you put your resources and priorities. We still have not gotten back to the cyl 2-6 advance monitoring since I first toyed with it a few months ago. The only methods I personally know of at this time involve either a DME reflash or some additional wires to the harness. If Shiv says it can be done without a reflash then I guess I'll take him at his word although if it was that simple, I expect they would have released it already, or at the very least not dodged the requests for additional information from their customers.

On the HPF I have not really been following their undertaking after seeing that manifold work. Do you have a link to a dynojet run w/ AFR on it?
    Just the one post on the stock sensor, no AFR on it though (474whp). Eric just wanted his car back, so they sent it back without putting the N20 sensor in it.

Click here to enlarge

This guy lives out by me, was going to try and get him and the car to the local track this weekend but he's headed out of town. Will see if we can meet-up when he gets back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not much data there at all. Was that supposed to be on 91 octane? Hopefully the guy can do some datalogs, take it to the track, etc.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It still looks like it lags quite a bit to 4k so where is the spool improvement?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was on 92 I believe, but the car is going to run 91 per the owner. The goal was high 400s/low 500s on 91 with no meth, so I guess it's close to what he was after.

+1 on the power under 4k, it seems like it would be laggy to drive but who knows Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    There was a thread about 1.5 months ago when he first revealed that he managed to achieve timing MONITORING on each cylinder about 1.5 months ago. This was done via .... wait for it .... A DME REFLASH!.... Something that Voldemort said he would never do.

My responses to that thread was the reason why the scumbags of the E90 mod squad decided to award me with 2-month temp ban WITHOUT any warning or prior "offenses"

So yeah, Lord Voldermort is finally realizing that parasitic piggie backs can only do so much when it comes to timing of the engine...
    lol @ the Voldermort comment. They are reflashing the DME to raise the rev limiter and I'm pretty sure to change the lambda tables. I bet if they had better table access they'd do a lot more, too. The Dimsport setup is kinda limiting and many of the flash tuners keep their secrets to themselves. For our purposes we'll use the Dimsport setup for local cars but remotely we'll just suggest big turbo guys run a JB4 on top of a Cobb flash when wanting to go over around 500rw. The alternatives would be us reselling the MyGenius loaders which I don't believe makes business sense for us or the customer, or trying to write our own flash loader via the JB4 which I think would be a waste of resources given the limited number of people who will really be making that kind of power. Cobb has the flash tuning stuff down as well as it can be done IMHO and it will make a good backbone. What it's missing for the high HP guys the JB4 is well suited to provide.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 05-30-2012 at 01:43 AM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hehe creaminz indeed went a bit over the top with his car. Although I admire the finish of the diffusor and that F599XX style exhaust! But I'm sure there's some crazy bends in that exhaust which cause restriction.

I wonder if the single turbo setups are an option if you don't want to use meth? Haven't seen dynos or logs without meth so far.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess at this point, it would be best to reserve any final judgements until we see the actual dyno graphs... but the discrepancies between dynos and using different dynos is not something that I particularly like espcially when Dynojet seems to be the standard for BMWs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Hehe creaminz indeed went a bit over the top with his car. Although I admire the finish of the diffusor and that F599XX style exhaust! But I'm sure there's some crazy bends in that exhaust which cause restriction.
    His car looks like crap, what's funny that his car is describe as doped! Looking like crap is true for almost all cars coming out of LTBMW, they are riced out as hell. Longtran must be a former Veilside rocker.

Attachment 17635

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well it would look tons better if he had an E92 to start with *flame suit on* Click here to enlarge

A sedan will always look more "civil" and doesn't match the aggressive styling, even though he put an E92 M3 front on it.

But you gotta admit the quality and craftmanship at LTBMW is awesome. His diffusor is a unique one-off piece and fitment is spot-on, judging by the pics. So props for this. I like this car alot more then "blurple" which completely lacks a proper concept.

Maybe we get some more independent dynos from creaminz as well as driving impressions. Hopefully a bit more in-depth than just some "holy $#@!" videos Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    His car looks like crap, what's funny that his car is describe as doped! Looking like crap is true for almost all cars coming out of LTBMW, they are riced out as hell. Longtran must be a former Veilside rocker.

Attachment 17635
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge

Attachment 17635
    I have to agree, this does look like absolute complete $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    His diffusor is a unique one-off piece
    It isn't unique due to him having trouble keeping it in stock, let's put it that way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It isn't unique due to him having trouble keeping it in stock, let's put it that way.
    Sorry, english isn't my mother tongue and I'm not sure what you want to say. Could you rephrase please? By unique I mean "one of a kind custom made". Unlike for example the 1M replica bumpers which spread like a virus.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Wait so now we care about a crush bend in the exhaust? Why not just not worry about that like you used to say before and just up boost another 1psi? Click here to enlarge who cares about restrictions and efficiency really
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry, english isn't my mother tongue and I'm not sure what you want to say. Could you rephrase please? By unique I mean "one of a kind custom made". Unlike for example the 1M replica bumpers which spread like a virus.
    I was making a joke about it being unique because nobody else wants it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Considering the rev3 has many "more I/O channels", I think you have your answer where the 6cyl monitoring comes from.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    I'd be willing to bet that a RB turbo car would struggle to put down 462whp on a Mustang Dyno. Maybe someone has tried, but I've never seen a Mustang dyno on a RB. If a RB has only done 500whp on a Dynojet, then I'd be feel comfortable saying it won't make more than 450whp and that's probably being too generous. I'm going to have to disagree with the Mustang dyno + 30whp = dynojet. I don't believe that is an accurate statement.

I know when I dyno'd from Mustang to Dynojet, there was always around 10-15% difference depending on the settings. A friend of mine paid cash for a Mustang Dyno so we got to play with it considerably (Yeah, he is baller and can drop that kind of money..I wish I could).

I think overall the results are still preliminary. Anyone with common sense knows that you probably shouldn't go balls to the wall in the uncharted territory of what the AT can handle.
    420 on a mustang, was 460 on the DJ i went to. same settings, back in jb3 days. even then, thats what, 500 hp, @22psi for more "efficient" turbo? nope, not buying it, dont know why anyone would

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dont know why the question of if they will do a BT w/o meth is raised, or what the fueling solution is. Already stated that they wont do it w/o meth. meth=fuel meth=higher octane

still like to know why they are not going beyond 24 psi on shivs and 22 psi on customer cars.. i mean, i know why.. but i want to hear them say it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is more than 500 dynojet whp, which is good with 91oct + meth. Now the question is, what is wrong with the spool, since they don't feel comfortable with posting the dyno graph.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast