Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Track night

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    columbia sc
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    935.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Track night

    Went to track last night pretty warm out but had a good time ran a 06 Z06 was able to win it no problem when he spun so driver error we went again he asked if i would let him stage first so he could get set I said sure. Since I never ran any of the Z vettes it was really something i wanted to see how i would do. The Z is definitely to much for me, he did get the jump but i had nothing really for him, he kept a pull throughout about 2 car lengths. I did have a good run against him i did 12.3 which is respectable for Cobb stg2+ 93 octane. I asked his trap speed he said 120 so just much stronger than what i have.

    His buddy took vids and said he would email me with them hopefully he sends both but another fun night ran A tuned 2011 Camaro SS thought it would be close but I was killing him off the line and easy wins by 2+ cars.

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,149.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice runs. AT or MT?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    columbia sc
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    935.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Auto

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    333
    Rep Points
    532.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks pretty good, the SS Camaro has been so disappointing to me, they are real pigs (> 4k lbs) and stock are easy wins for most tuned N54s.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    columbia sc
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    935.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    Looks pretty good, the SS Camaro has been so disappointing to me, they are real pigs (> 4k lbs) and stock are easy wins for most tuned N54s.
    Yea my buddy has a 2010 SS I put busses on him. He sounds like a beast but performance it's a dog.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    not bad at all, no meth?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    columbia sc
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    935.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Reputation: Yes | No
    No meth just don't know enough about it afraid to run it. But getting to the point where I want to get into the 11's so may have to do. But it seems the only ones who get in the 11's are guys like you Hotrod terry and a handful of others who truly understand tunes and I am just not that guy hence the Cobb tune vs JB4 but thinking of switching all the time to go faster I just want more...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,149.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    No meth just don't know enough about it afraid to run it. But getting to the point where I want to get into the 11's so may have to do. But it seems the only ones who get in the 11's are guys like you Hotrod terry and a handful of others who truly understand tunes and I am just not that guy hence the Cobb tune vs JB4 but thinking of switching all the time to go faster I just want more...
    Longest sentence ever, lol.

    You could prob buy a JB4 + meth kit with the money you make selling your COBB.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    333
    Rep Points
    532.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    No meth just don't know enough about it afraid to run it. But getting to the point where I want to get into the 11's so may have to do. But it seems the only ones who get in the 11's are guys like you Hotrod terry and a handful of others who truly understand tunes and I am just not that guy hence the Cobb tune vs JB4 but thinking of switching all the time to go faster I just want more...
    Once you go meth it's tough to quit it Click here to enlarge

    If you did JB4 + E85 mix it would be pretty close to meth though, that might be worth a try if you're really nervous about meth.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    not trying to take business from vendors, but i have a CM tank and pump sitting here, basic boost switch and some nozzles... if you wanna buy it. all you would need is the tubing..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,010
    Rep Points
    8,959.7
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Good runs. You may pickup some on that S2+ Aggr map with higher octane or some E85 mixed in. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    6.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    hey LM how much would you be willing to let it go for?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Your stage 2,5 vert is slow, that makes you sick and dick at the same time.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    columbia sc
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    935.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Good runs. You may pickup some on that S2+ Aggr map with higher octane or some E85 mixed in. Click here to enlarge
    Terry considering the 15 ohm board race gas E85 mix vs meth do you think I would gain much over Cobb stg 2+?

    I see others run JB4 or Procede with meth achieving simmilar to my results but the ones like yourself LM, Hotrod and a handful of others are able to get into the 11's but they seem to be very knowlegeable about tunes. Am I wishful thinking just adding meth and race gas to gain over what I am now? Ultimately looking for consistent mid to high 11's.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,010
    Rep Points
    8,959.7
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    90


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yes, with the JB4 15ohm and E85 you'll pickup a lot of power vs. where you are now. Both Cobb and JB4 hold their resale value well as we don't VIN lock so it can't hurt to own/try both!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    333
    Rep Points
    532.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    Terry considering the 15 ohm board race gas E85 mix vs meth do you think I would gain much over Cobb stg 2+?

    I see others run JB4 or Procede with meth achieving simmilar to my results but the ones like yourself LM, Hotrod and a handful of others are able to get into the 11's but they seem to be very knowlegeable about tunes. Am I wishful thinking just adding meth and race gas to gain over what I am now? Ultimately looking for consistent mid to high 11's.
    I ran a 12.2 @ 114 full weight (~3950lbs) the other night on vbox with nothing but 40% E85 and the new alpha map 5 for the JB4, I'd say with traction you should be able to get down into the 11s without too much trouble. FBO + weight reduction could get you down into the 11.6-11.8.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    Terry considering the 15 ohm board race gas E85 mix vs meth do you think I would gain much over Cobb stg 2+?

    I see others run JB4 or Procede with meth achieving simmilar to my results but the ones like yourself LM, Hotrod and a handful of others are able to get into the 11's but they seem to be very knowlegeable about tunes. Am I wishful thinking just adding meth and race gas to gain over what I am now? Ultimately looking for consistent mid to high 11's.
    Why thank you, but I know very little, I just had the right people and parts Click here to enlarge

    Regardless, your observation is correct, but the example you should identify with, is all the other regular customers and their achievements as its more related to your current situation

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I ran my best times with a Cobb tune. Click here to enlarge FBO + meth + procede netted me a 114 trap in neg DA. Ran a 12.4@118 on Cobb and backed it up with a 12.4@118.9 on the vbox, full weight street tires.

    Now that I don't flatline or have any tune related issues I think it's time to take it to the track and crack 11.9@120 on street tires. Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I ran my best times with a Cobb tune. Click here to enlarge FBO + meth + procede netted me a 114 trap in neg DA.

    Now that I don't flatline or have any tune related issues I think it's time to take it to the track and crack 120 mph. Click here to enlarge
    COME ON DOWN!

    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    COME ON DOWN!

    Click here to enlarge

    Yeah maybe. I may be in AC this weekend so I'm sure I can drive 40 min to atco. I'll try 19 psi tapering to 17.5 with dual meth on street tires. 123 maybe? DA is gonna suck.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Yeah maybe. I may be in AC this weekend so I'm sure I can drive 40 min to atco. I'll try 19 psi tapering to 17.5 with dual meth on street tires. 123 maybe? DA is gonna suck.
    DA is -125 right now

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    DA is -125 right now
    Heh don't we run in like -2000-3000 DA usually in November?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Heh don't we run in like -2000-3000 DA usually in November?
    if you time it right, but ive never seen it that low, anyway, what im sayin is right now you wil see what the car would do, in say SAE DJ dyno hp rating wise

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    columbia sc
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    935.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Why thank you, but I know very little, I just had the right people and parts Click here to enlarge

    Regardless, your observation is correct, but the example you should identify with, is all the other regular customers and their achievements as its more related to your current situation
    That is why I think it may be wishful thinking. If I was able to have Terry with me tuning at a track plausible but I think I am somewhat tapped out.

    Not sure if I will achieve the gains being pro-tuned with race gas for the Cobb will net what I am wanting either. The shop that tunes in Atlanta the guy goes all over the world and tunes he just came back from Dubai out there tuning GTR's so he is suppose to be pretty damn good at tuning but I have not heard anyone pro tune yet and say if it is worth the 500-700 dollars.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by newb335guy Click here to enlarge
    That is why I think it may be wishful thinking. If I was able to have Terry with me tuning at a track plausible but I think I am somewhat tapped out.

    Not sure if I will achieve the gains being pro-tuned with race gas for the Cobb will net what I am wanting either. The shop that tunes in Atlanta the guy goes all over the world and tunes he just came back from Dubai out there tuning GTR's so he is suppose to be pretty damn good at tuning but I have not heard anyone pro tune yet and say if it is worth the 500-700 dollars.
    trust me, you dont need custom tuning. Nothing you have is any different from literally thousands of other N54's out there today
    Give it a shot, if you dont like it, send it back

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    columbia sc
    Posts
    282
    Rep Points
    935.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    trust me, you dont need custom tuning. Nothing you have is any different from literally thousands of other N54's out there today
    Give it a shot, if you dont like it, send it back
    Thats the way I am leaning, I have access to E85 and race gas win/win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •