Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Cool 1M with 265/30R19 295/30R19 PSS Tires

After a few weeks of not being able to drive my 1M, I finally got my Michelin Pilot Super Sports in!

The front are 265/30R19 and the backs are 295/30R19:

(Excuse the dirtyness, wash definitely needed)

PICS TOO BIG, WILL UPLOAD LATER

Quick summary:

The rear end grip is just ridiculous. I can dead hook 1st gear on a good road from any speed with a WOT smash. I've never felt the car pull that hard before. 2nd just slams you in, no chirping or squirming.

I need a vbox now. I feel I can get a pretty damn good 60' with this setup.

The rears look extremely beefy. They WILL slightly rub (scary sound) on a large bump, or hard acceleration on an uneven surface.

I'm telling you, this thing HOOKS now! I didn't realize the low gears would be so strong feeling with the extra traction.

The fronts are lower profile but wider, so there is a bigger fender gap. Cosmetic turn-off for me. But the car will have coil-overs one day, so no biggie. The fronts BARELY fit when you turn full lock. Basically, the edge of the tire just barely touches the plastic near the vents at full lock. The car tracks a bit more, but feel EXTREMELY planted now. It's almost hard to make the rear end loose, so I probably built in a bit more understeer, but more total overall grip.

These tires are very "beefy" and there is apparent reduction of road noise and bump harshness. Like I said they track or wander more, but I'd like to get the alignment setup too for this setup.

I got this combo basically to improve acceleration ability at autocross and on the street. From my testing so far on the street, it is WAY quicker through 1st and 2nd gear. I even seem to have stopped getting wheelhop. You can feel the clutch just suck the tranny and engine together with a good hook.

Now I need to figure out how to eliminate the rear end rub, and get some more power!

Btw the e85 map on JB4 is such a wonderful feeling once it adapts and you get the open loop setting right. Feels at least 360whp on our Mustang Dyne how it is right now. Maybe I'll throw it on the rollers Sunday for some E85 dyno tuning. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Cool. PSS are the best tires out there IMO. I did a terrible mistake and replace them with some Contisport 3's. Man they suck! I really need to change them and go back to PSS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Check to see if the rub is coming from behind the passenger rear tire. I noticed that there is a bump back there. It feels like the stretched factory tires are the only thing stopping it from rubbing. It is toward the rear bumper. This bump is not on the drivers side rear.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Check to see if the rub is coming from behind the passenger rear tire. I noticed that there is a bump back there. It feels like the stretched factory tires are the only thing stopping it from rubbing. It is toward the rear bumper. This bump is not on the drivers side rear.
    You are right. So you don't think it is hitting the bumper portion at all? Wonder if I can smash it flat.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Pics are with phone and kinda suck. But yeah, needs suspension and another 300whp now. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Does it rub all the time or just with someone in back?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It only rubs on hard bumps or low gear acceleration over moderate/hard bumps. I have successfully drifted with no rub.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

your right, front gap is annoying

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Are the rears almost flush or do you think you could still run a little more aggressive offset.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Are the rears almost flush or do you think you could still run a little more aggressive offset.
    It needs to be rolled in the rear now. Or maybe I could get away with slightly more camber. But I'm not one to sacrifice contact patch for looks.