Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    You know whats messed up bro... That day I was still learning the car and always a gear to high when I started to chase you. Then I figured out the gears and it makes a big difference LOL.
    well you know where i am....ill be back saturday...car goes in for its upgrades on the 29th and prob wont hit the road again until after its tuned on the 18th
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're a fool... I love you though LOL
    Lmfao hahaha jus stating facts.
    09 Nismo 370Z TWIN TURBO 12PSI 527whp 400trq 11.75 @ 127mph Sold....Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    well you know where i am....ill be back saturday...car goes in for its upgrades on the 29th and prob wont hit the road again until after its tuned on the 18th
    Hoping to do the clutch on mines next week. Running the Monster 11" race/ceramic setup... Thinking seriously of staying NA and doing heads/cams and gears to be a serious beast LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hoping to do the clutch on mines next week. Running the Monster 11" race/ceramic setup... Thinking seriously of staying NA and doing heads/cams and gears to be a serious beast LOL

nice...i cant wait to see it
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have access to a 6MT ESS VT2-625 and a DCT VT2-600....

DCT is faster on supercharged cars even with good driver....FACT.

my buddy has a 2011 6MT and he beat a 2011 DCT from a roll... both stock E92 Ms. go figure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge

my buddy has a 2011 6MT and he beat a 2011 DCT from a roll... both stock E92 Ms. go figure.
    Thank you, on the supercharged platform theres a greater difference in performance between the two

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    When I raced Steve bone stock we actually had around the same power and I was heavier. He went 12.6 at 113 and I went 12.6 at 112. Despite the same 60 and him out trapping me a little the et was still identical. I'm not a fan of dct and feel it provides no gain against a driver that can shift. With that said everyone thinks they can shift fast but in reality more like 20-25 percent actually can.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How did we get back to DCT 6MT and that whole argument... Its pretty evident that when left to its own devices a DCT or ANY automatic style trans is more consistent than a manual trans. My opinion is that this is an issue of preference, being able to rev match and shift on your own is more enjoyable to some than playing with paddles. So moving beyond the speed difference my opinion is that a well driven 6MT is MORE fun than a DCT, giving more driver gratification. Others will feel differently thats the fun of the hobby.

In the meantime I am calling out @LostMarine for a run, get yourself to Central NJ and run the Vette Sunday if you have time. We'll tape it for fun and we can show a 6mt Vette vs a DCT M3. Should be fun
    @ultimateendz @Blaizon if they can come out to hang as well lets have some runs.
    Sunday looks pretty good for me. Not sure if I'll be able to run though, I'm getting excessive wastegate rattle. May be time for some upgraded twins Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In the meantime I am calling out @LostMarine for a run, get yourself to Central NJ and run the Vette Sunday if you have time. We'll tape it for fun and we can show a 6mt Vette vs a DCT M3. Should be fun
    @ultimateendz @Blaizon if they can come out to hang as well lets have some runs.
    i dont think sunday will work, tomorrow maybe?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge

then its not a fact.. again, $#@!ty drivers are not the standard measurement. get someone that can bang them through the gears, and it will be equal. MAYBE, MAYBE a car length. but people throw all kinds of excuses out when a "supercharged" "supercar" "90000 RWHP" "ultimate" car gets whooped by a "lesser" car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    but people throw all kinds of excuses out when a "supercharged" "supercar" "90000 RWHP" "ultimate" car gets whooped by a "lesser" car
    when has a "supercar" m3 been whooped by a "lesser" m3? im lost here..only time I made an excuse was when sal@autocouture got whooped by a stock ctsv and my excuse was that it was a 6speed, and then I ran the very same ctsv with a DCT and then beat him and outrapped him by 15+mph? so obviously I think I proved my point there as well..but ok whatever you say
    Last edited by ERM324; 05-24-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    When I raced Steve bone stock we actually had around the same power and I was heavier. He went 12.6 at 113 and I went 12.6 at 112. Despite the same 60 and him out trapping me a little the et was still identical. I'm not a fan of dct and feel it provides no gain against a driver that can shift. With that said everyone thinks they can shift fast but in reality more like 20-25 percent actually can.
    right, you banged through the gears, the 6spd M car i ran could bang them.. when he wasnt missing Click here to enlarge but he did bang them against the stock dct car.. so if the DCT was sooooooooooo superior, it would have showed up then and there.. in a controlled environment, set start gear, set start speed, set start time, traction not an issue

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dont think sunday will work, tomorrow maybe?
    Lots of rain on and off thru Sunday... Thats the first sunny and dry day. Figured we could do some clean runs with no issues weather/dampness wise.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not looking to argue, as this has been beaten to death, but if there is no loss of tractive force - how can a manual be faster?

Meaning - as long as the clutch is pushed in (tractive force is lost) - how could it be faster no matter how quick the driver shifts?

I could be missing something, but honestly now am unsure as LM seems pretty confident about this. Click here to enlarge

Is there a loss of tractive force contrary to what BMW says? (http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...ivelogic1.html) or is it more about the different gearing?

Just curious what I am missing.

Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lots of rain on and off thru Sunday... Thats the first sunny and dry day. Figured we could do some clean runs with no issues weather/dampness wise.
    good point, we'll figure something out

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Not looking to argue, as this has been beaten to death, but if there is no loss of tractive force - how can a manual be faster?

Meaning - as long as the clutch is pushed in (tractive force is lost) - how could it be faster no matter how quick the driver shifts?

I could be missing something, but honestly now am unsure as LM seems pretty confident about this. Click here to enlarge

Is there a loss of tractive force contrary to what BMW says? (http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...ivelogic1.html) or is it more about the different gearing?

Just curious what I am missing.

Thanks.
    Im not saying its faster, but with every aspect taken into account, its not slower. and if it is, its NOWHERE near what people claim it to be. outlandish claims of 10 mph advantage once FI, and 3-5 N/A.. maybe 1 mph on an avg driver, and nill on a good one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXah9L5ShtI

Race #4 shows you what I mean clearly as well. Doesnt get better than that, clean run and they both start at EXACTLY the same time. Last run the 6mt gets an ever so slight jump and the dct comes door to door and puts a nose out....like I said, if you had the choice between the two cars in the vid to pick your telling me youd get the 6mt? The DCT is clearly faster, even if its a slightly between the two stock cars.
    didnt realize you posted this lol. it clearly shows that its not faster when it started to get pulled on.

and the video above it, the MT has 4.10's. of course it loses highway power Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good point, we'll figure something out

Im not saying its faster, but with every aspect taken into account, its not slower. and if it is, its NOWHERE near what people claim it to be. outlandish claims of 10 mph advantage once FI, and 3-5 N/A.. maybe 1 mph on an avg driver, and nill on a good one

Thanks for the reply man. I don't do much (any) drag racing, but go all the time with friends... Not too many people in my crowd are into M series, so it's more american power. Point is, you guys make me jealous with the ability to even race each other (DCT vs Manual in this case). I liked SMG - but had some issues with it at the end. DCT on the other hand feels solid, and as you said is consistent as you can get. As far as shift speed? Seems pretty fast - but not sure if I buy the "no loss in tractive force". I guess this could be proved on a dyno, right? Why hasn't anyone done this?

Must admit, I sometimes miss banging my own gears. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sunday definatly wont work, some of us ae going Karting on NJMP

possibly Saturday then? how far are you willing to meet me?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the reply man. I don't do much (any) drag racing, but go all the time with friends... Not too many people in my crowd are into M series, so it's more american power. Point is, you guys make me jealous with the ability to even race each other (DCT vs Manual in this case). I liked SMG - but had some issues with it at the end. DCT on the other hand feels solid, and as you said is consistent as you can get. As far as shift speed? Seems pretty fast - but not sure if I buy the "no loss in tractive force". I guess this could be proved on a dyno, right? Why hasn't anyone done this?

Must admit, I sometimes miss banging my own gears. Click here to enlarge
    eh, There should be a slight advantage when FI, if there is an advantage, its going to be there, but nothing worth arguing over as "OMG, it will rape any non DCT car" (not that anyone has said it like that)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    This further proves what bull$#@! that first video was of the F10 M5 against the tuned Z06 ...
    Sure does, that video always seemed suspect.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sunday definatly wont work, some of us ae going Karting on NJMP

possibly Saturday then? how far are you willing to meet me?

eh, There should be a slight advantage when FI, if there is an advantage, its going to be there, but nothing worth arguing over as "OMG, it will rape any non DCT car" (not that anyone has said it like that)

NJMP is 2hrs south... How about the Burlington area? Honestly I have at least 3 spots we could with no issues near my home. Should be easy to get a run in those spots. We need some dry weather is all
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    NJMP is 2hrs south... How about the Burlington area? Honestly I have at least 3 spots we could with no issues near my home. Should be easy to get a run in those spots. We need some dry weather is all
    I didnt mean to come all the way to NJMP Click here to enlarge
    yea, i used to live in burlington, thats perfect. parts of mexico are near there

@akh23456 you free?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @ultimateendz @Blaizon @nismo370 @Mr.Squeeze If you guys are around lets get it going.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @ultimateendz @Blaizon @nismo370 @Mr.Squeeze If you guys are around lets get it going.

lol, none of those guys except Blaizon have a running car!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They can spectate LOL... The V is still together and running for now. I would enjoy getting a 4 car run with Blaizon, Ultimate, you and of me... Its a tight run with all of those cars the car in last would be far from slow.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    have you run BLZ? I would think you and he would be the fastest then V, then me. going by what "should" happen but in reality, i see the V, then you or me, then BLZ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast