http://jalopnik.com/5561307/gt+r-996...the-forum-wars

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Looks like PG lost to an Impreza and a 317hp mustang Click here to enlarge

http://jalopnik.com/5561307/gt+r-996...the-forum-wars
    PG's car is the ultimate FAIL, just like the owner.
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know why he pushed himself into that competition anyway to just mess up like that. It was supposed to be my car but then PG got all jealous and contacted the forum wars people about his stroker which made no sense for what was supposed to be an M3 vs. an RS4. Now people are going to think M3's are weak when they see the mods on it. Would have been much more impressive to have a bolt on M3.

None of the RS4 guys were willing to go head to head with me though so we ended up with... this.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    click on M3 vs. M5

http://www.theforumwars.tv/episodes.html#

so you guys can see the double chin behind the keyboard

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know why he pushed himself into that competition anyway to just mess up like that. It was supposed to be my car but then PG got all jealous and contacted the forum wars people about his stroker which made no sense for what was supposed to be an M3 vs. an RS4.

None of the RS4 guys were willing to go head to head with me though so we ended up with... this.
    He's a sad little attention whore, does this really shock you?
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    He's a sad little attention whore, does this really shock you?
    No, but it just never made any sense to have a stroker M3 in the competition.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In all honesty, he seems like he could be a good contributor, if he leaves out the "politics" that he plays. I mean, if you go back, the fact that he had ties with people/products is probably what ultimately made him say what he did! No excuse for some things that were said/done, but hey, whatever, this forum is about BMW performance anyway... or lack thereof LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    In all honesty, he seems like he could be a good contributor, if he leaves out the "politics" that he plays. I mean, if you go back, the fact that he had ties with people/products is probably what ultimately made him say what he did! No excuse for some things that were said/done, but hey, whatever, this forum is about BMW performance anyway... or lack thereof LOL
    He would have been a good contributor if early on he did not a have problem with admitting he had a lot to learn and that often the younger guys knew what they were saying. He just did not accept that he was new to the whole BMW tuning scene and expected people to just buy into what he said. I still find the past threads funny and have enjoyed seeing him progress.

I think you are quite right but I just don't understand some of the things done/said that should have been above a man of that age, or a man of any age for that matter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's always been a pompous prick. He thinks he knows more than guys who've had 2 or the 3 modified BMWs. Keep in mind this is his first BMW. He back stabs everyone and **** talks behind their back and then acts all cool with them in person. The guy is a joke. Finally Jason got with the program and removed his *** as a moderator. Thank you jeebus!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, but it just never made any sense to have a stroker M3 in the competition.
    Dude his turd of a car shouldn't be featured on ANY program except on "how to create a 100k fail"

I remember seeing him get lapped in Vegas during MFest and laughing my *** off. All his little charts and calculations, all the drama he created and **** he talked behind peoples' back and his POS couldn't perform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky and Monster135:

I actually signed up on this forum after reading the infamous PG ESS and PC thread, so I kinda got a big glimpse of what happened and frankly, what you both say is true about him, but that was why I mentioned that his ties led to his shortsighted decisions.

The fact that he can't take a younger person's superior knowledge is, in my book, called shortsightedness!

But, he IS rid of "most" ties, I suppose, and I just can't understand why he has a personal Vendetta when he could probably learn more from this forum than the opposite. But, I do know that alot of people will be up his ass should he do so, which probably explains why he hasnt taken that route... his car definitely has potential and can bring good knowledge to people here, in an unbiased manner.

But I will say, those charts that he has done to glorify his car are a bit obnoxious as well as his pages about sticky etc.. he should just be more responsible! Then gain, look at the Steve Dinan video he posted up... its a nice thing to have someone like that drive your car like it was supposed to be driven Click here to enlarge

Sticky, I hope when your car is out of the shop, you can tell us all the pros and cons of your build, in a 10 page essay... now that would be some nice reading material!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't read the link yet but sounds pretty sad...

One thing I will say about PG, I've never in my life (no exaggeration) seen anyone spend the hours/days doing the calculations/ricer math he did. I cannot even imagine the amount of time he spent on those spreadsheets and graphics. To a forum newb, they may have been the Holy Grail, but to an experienced racer just a flat out waste of time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They selected an 1/8th mile track to test on? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky and Monster135:

I actually signed up on this forum after reading the infamous PG ESS and PC thread, so I kinda got a big glimpse of what happened and frankly, what you both say is true about him, but that was why I mentioned that his ties led to his shortsighted decisions.

The fact that he can't take a younger person's superior knowledge is, in my book, called shortsightedness!

But, he IS rid of "most" ties, I suppose, and I just can't understand why he has a personal Vendetta when he could probably learn more from this forum than the opposite. But, I do know that alot of people will be up his ass should he do so, which probably explains why he hasnt taken that route... his car definitely has potential and can bring good knowledge to people here, in an unbiased manner.

But I will say, those charts that he has done to glorify his car are a bit obnoxious as well as his pages about sticky etc.. he should just be more responsible! Then gain, look at the Steve Dinan video he posted up... its a nice thing to have someone like that drive your car like it was supposed to be driven Click here to enlarge

Sticky, I hope when your car is out of the shop, you can tell us all the pros and cons of your build, in a 10 page essay... now that would be some nice reading material!!
    Actually, he was here from the beginning but ran away and contributed to attempting to stifle this forum for whatever reason. Why the vendetta? I don't know, it has always been there behind the scenes probably due to me vehemently disagreeing with what he and his fans said. Even when I disagreed, I never asked to get rid of him or shut him up or anything like that. He also asked to be banned from here which I don't understand, he isn't.

I contacted him repeatedly and told him to bury all the nonsense and just get back to enjoying cars for which he blasted me for. I would make sure people would not unfairly be on his ass but most of the criticism he has brought upon himself. Why is the BMW performance scene so divided? I have not spoken to him in a while but he sent me an e-mail saying if I want to talk about anything we can which was a nice gesture but he also stated he has no qualms about any of his actions which I found rather shocking. He wanted to have a discussion on his blog which made no sense since if he wants to talk to anyone here this forum has always been up and open to him.

When my car is out of the shop I'll be far too busy enjoying it to make up pie charts, graphs, and MLA format essays with footnotes about how it is better than anything else in the entire world. You will get videos of it in action and timeslips, I promise you that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    They selected an 1/8th mile track to test on? Click here to enlarge
    Irwindale... big bummer, only an 1/8 mile. A big mistake the big HP cars could not even stretch their legs. The whole competition is overblown for what it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Irwindale... big bummer, only an 1/8 mile. A big mistake the big HP cars could not even stretch their legs. The whole competition is overblown for what it is.
    I have friends/customers that run there, it's a good 1/8th mile track, esp. for CA, but you called it it's not a 1/4 mile track...

Too bad, the concept was solid, unfortunately they seem to have failed in executing it properly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Too bad, the concept was solid, unfortunately they seem to have failed in executing it properly.
    Exactly, plus if they want to call it forum wars they should not just pick guys who don't know each other from various forums but actually feed off real beef guys on the forums have. Would be much more interesting with a real component and not one that is artificially created.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly, plus if they want to call it forum wars they should not just pick guys who don't know each other from various forums but actually feed off real beef guys on the forums have. Would be much more interesting with a real component and not one that is artificially created.
    Agreed 100% they should've capitalized off existing rivalries.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky and Monster135:

My problem with PG is that he lies and talks smack behind peoples' back and then tries to act as if he's all cool with them. He's notorious for this. He started that whole dyno drama. After Drew's car was finished he tried everything he could to show some sort of shenanigans. Why couldn't he just say sick car man congrats. No he had try and discredit him and Brian. Two of the nicest guys outhere. Why? Because his own fail of a car didn't perform as expected? He's a sad pathetic old fart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both of those drivers sucked. but god damn, PencilGeek is not a good driver at all. Learn how to light up those rear tires in the figure 8.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the other thing that cracked me up about this video was this comment (m5 driver):

"Maybe I should have taken off traction control".

Well, duh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky:

Oh yeah, I forgot about some of those details... which I did read. Hey, I put out a point of view, and I was just saying, but it seems like he has done quite a bit of damage to his reputation.

And the fact of the matter is exactly what you said: If I had his car, I would be just enjoying it, regardless of dyno numbers. And I am sure you will too! In fact, the worst part about reading this forum during work is that I get an itch to take a drive through the mountains, and although I own a "lowly" 335i, there's not a ferrari that can phase me! haha

(Lol @ MLA format Essays... man I hated formatting and citations. Harder than differential eqns.!!!!)

Monster135:

I really dont know why... it seems more than ridiculous what he has done. I think people like you and sticky are quite mature for skipping the name-calling!! And, I actually do know what you're talking about. Man I just hope he is at peace with himself. I mean, he has made alot of enemies, or lost the respect of a bunch of people thru the interwebs.

on a higher note, that M5 is quite a beast!

In fact, I think there must be something wrong with PGs car because, if you look at the wieghts and hp of the two cars, a stock match-up should be that close, probably the m5 will win by a little bit. You can say that because they are sporting the same engine, and so, power delivery is probably very similar. But since PG's car was a stroker, and is rated at 500+, that should be no contest. even if he had a bad launch, he should have been able to catch up... I guess supercharge a motor like that was his only option :S maybe it had to do with the engine tuning Click here to enlarge lol
    Last edited by alq80; 06-22-2010 at 08:05 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky:

Oh yeah, I forgot about some of those details... which I did read. Hey, I put out a point of view, and I was just saying, but it seems like he has done quite a bit of damage to his reputation.

And the fact of the matter is exactly what you said: If I had his car, I would be just enjoying it, regardless of dyno numbers. And I am sure you will too! In fact, the worst part about reading this forum during work is that I get an itch to take a drive through the mountains, and although I own a "lowly" 335i, there's not a ferrari that can phase me! haha

(Lol @ MLA format Essays... man I hated formatting and citations. Harder than differential eqns.!!!!)

Monster135:

I really dont know why... it seems more than ridiculous what he has done. I think people like you and sticky are quite mature for skipping the name-calling!! And, I actually do know what you're talking about. Man I just hope he is at peace with himself. I mean, he has made alot of enemies, or lost the respect of a bunch of people thru the interwebs.

on a higher note, that M5 is quite a beast!

In fact, I think there must be something wrong with PGs car because, if you look at the wieghts and hp of the two cars, a stock match-up should be that close, probably the m5 will win by a little bit. You can say that because they are sporting the same engine, and so, power delivery is probably very similar. But since PG's car was a stroker, and is rated at 500+, that should be no contest. even if he had a bad launch, he should have been able to catch up... I guess supercharge a motor like that was his only option :S maybe it had to do with the engine tuning Click here to enlarge lol
    Really does not matter what you drive here as long as it is a BMW and you enjoy driving it Click here to enlarge

I'll write an essay over solving an equation any day.

PG's car had a history of issues including the tuning so who knows if it was healthy or not. The 60-130 numbers would have me thinking it was not running as strong as it should have been.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldn't have cared one way or another. When he started attacking respected members and trying to cast doubt on their numbers it really pissed me off. As a moderator he should have been completely neutral, but from the start he chose to be an attack dog with an agenda. Now he's burnt so many bridges no one respects him or is willing to help him anymore. Sad...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast