• E46 M3

15 68.18%
  • E92 M3

7 31.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

E46. Great and affordable forced induction setups available for the S54, and good tuning are out for it. S65 is still an expensive experiment at this point. Great results from the S65 and N54 though already.

If you have the money to spare, the current gen M3 would be nice if you are into the V8. I love my 1M but you probably don't want to pay for that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

If you are a boost junky, E46. S54 can handle much boost on stock internal. Add that amount of boost to S65 and the cylinder walls will dance for you.

If not, E92 gives you an overal better package.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    That e46 is pretty much exactly what i want. White w/ cinnamon interior 6-speed no sunroof. I saw go for the e46 m3, save some money on that front for the mods lol
    White with the cinnamon is such a rare color ! It looks so awesome in person its ridiculous.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    i can find you a e92 for cheaper than 47. just cause its listed at x amount of dollars doesn't mean you have to pay close to that.
    just got to be willing to go down to FLA.
    btw, that IS enough for a downpayment on a house too....i love this market climate!

z06 are fast as $#@! and just as ugly. thats why we all bang are heads trying to get these gorgeous bimmers in the running!

edit: if your going to hold onto the e92 for a while there will eventually be some sick FI kits coming down the pipeline. just takes patience...like 5years or so haha
    What's that e92 like? lol I'm being pretty picky which is why its taken me so long to find one. I want a white one, with carbon roof, i-drive, and a 6-speed is a must
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    where are you? if you want to meet somewhere in jersey, i can let you drive mine
    I appreciate the offer and I will hold you to that once my car is gone lol
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    E46. Great and affordable forced induction setups available for the S54, and good tuning are out for it. S65 is still an expensive experiment at this point. Great results from the S65 and N54 though already.

If you have the money to spare, the current gen M3 would be nice if you are into the V8. I love my 1M but you probably don't want to pay for that.
    I don't mind spending the money but I'm trying to be logical (can't believe I just said that lmao) I was thinking about 1M's but they are still going for a nice chunk of change.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    If you are a boost junky, E46. S54 can handle much boost on stock internal. Add that amount of boost to S65 and the cylinder walls will dance for you.

S54 with a turbo and E85 does seem really sweet !

S65 with a turbo and E85 would definitely be sweeter haha
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

E46 NUFF SAID

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

FIND a used car dealer that is willing to look at the manheim auctions. That's where I got mine for $44500+1500 dealer profit, every option, 33k miles

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge

You can't really compare it that way. The S65 has slightly higher VE so it will make more power with less boost not to mention boost is not equal among motors it changes.

On stock internals the S65 hits 600 whp with a supercharger... the S54 can't do that.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Definitely a tough call. What I sense from reading your statements, the two main competing interests are on one hand, you like newer platforms, and on the other hand, you want to buy a house (which, costs more than just a down payment). Everything else seems to fall in the middle for both platforms.

For instance, it doesn't seem like the performance advantage of the e92 is a make it-or-break it point for you. Both platforms perform well in their own right. Even an excellent driver can take his driving skills very far in the e46. Obviously, both platforms respond well to mods and both platforms can be down right nasty (in a good way) once carefully modded. Both platforms look great. So, the advantages that one platform may have over the other with respect to these foregoing factors probably aren't determinitive to your ultimate decision.

If the two main competing factors are in fact your preference for newer models and making the best financial decision, I would say making the right financial choice for you is the best move. That's why I suggest the e46.

I hope I wasn't too far off the mark. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Definitely a tough call. What I sense from reading your statements, the two main competing interests are on one hand, you like newer platforms, and on the other hand, you want to buy a house (which, costs more than just a down payment). Everything else seems to fall in the middle for both platforms.

For instance, it doesn't seem like the performance advantage of the e92 is a make it-or-break it point for you. Both platforms perform well in their own right. Even an excellent driver can take his driving skills very far in the e46. Obviously, both platforms respond well to mods and both platforms can be down right nasty (in a good way) once carefully modded. Both platforms look great. So, the advantages that one platform may have over the other with respect to these foregoing factors probably aren't determinitive to your ultimate decision.

If the two main competing factors are in fact your preference for newer models and making the best financial decision, I would say making the right financial choice for you is the best move. That's why I suggest the e46.

I hope I wasn't too far off the mark. Click here to enlarge
    You hit the nail on the head! Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by folgrz; 05-23-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    You hit the nail on the head! Click here to enlarge

Nice! What do I win? jk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    E46 M3 plus having some money left over for a future down payment on a house is definitely wiser than splurging your entire bank account on a used E92 M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

haha thanks zach!x
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12