Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RB vs ASR gen 2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    getbmwparts.com has them. We have the adapter you need to make it PNP. And we have a G5 firmware for the 3.5 bar sensor. Click here to enlarge
    Then tell Mike to send me one of the new JB4 boards please, I've been pestering him about them for a few weeks now.

Sorry for OT.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: Audi R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires, Capristo x-pipe
    Gone: Audi R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We have G4 firmware for the N20 sensor too... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    Then tell Mike to send me one of the new JB4 boards please, I've been pestering him about them for a few weeks now.

Sorry for OT.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    you should wait a bit for the G5 to be tested, apparently have a problem and this solved bms

05-20-2012, 09:27 PM

Looks like we need to beef up one of the output transistors on the board which will postpone expanding testing for another week or two. Such is life with new development.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just for the record, my dealings with ASR were very good. Although this may of course be because they wanted me to buy their turbos.
    Of course.

Look at the actual people who sent their cars in and who gave Abid money. It's sad.

It's even more sad people continue to give this guy business. It's like RMS, maybe worse.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thought it would be good to post a follow-up of the 335xi with stage 1 ASR units, from the owner today:

Earlier post about his baseline:
    "A little more. 260ish. I will dig up the sheets. I made 387 will everything I have now minus upgraded turbos and no meth."

Today's update:
    "Yes, was only able to due 3 pulls. Made some tune adjustments and reached 396hp 444tq awd on a mustang. This Dyno runs about 22% lower than dynojet and not sure about xi drivetrain loss? That equals 460ish. Not bad for an XI. Highest I've seen so far. Tuning and more Dyno time later this week. I hope to get around 420 hp on this mustang. I'll post sheet later on tonight."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Just for the record, my dealings with ASR were very good. Although this may of course be because they wanted me to buy their turbos.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Mine was fantastic too up till the day I transfered the money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Mine was fantastic too up till the day I transfered the money.
    Listen to this man...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    Thought it would be good to post a follow-up of the 335xi with stage 1 ASR units, from the owner today:

"A little more. 260ish. I will dig up the sheets. I made 387 will everything I have now minus upgraded turbos and no meth."

Today's update:
    "Yes, was only able to due 3 pulls. Made some tune adjustments and reached 396hp 444tq awd on a mustang. This Dyno runs about 22% lower than dynojet and not sure about xi drivetrain loss? That equals 460ish. Not bad for an XI. Highest I've seen so far. Tuning and more Dyno time later this week. I hope to get around 420 hp on this mustang. I'll post sheet later on tonight."
    no logs or boost mentioned?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge

Today's update:
    Well, I would not "be happy" with these results to say the least. That's just 100hp less than the numbers that were thrown around.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    22% mustang to dynojet correction?? Ok...no comment
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    interesting results, lol. a gain of 9 hp? lol a compressor only upgrade will probably get you more than that, although it would drop off earlier... something must be up. almost seems as if he's running a stock turbo map and the gain was by natural variance.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting turn of events. I'm sure they can't be that much worse than RBs though right? Maybe he muffed the tuning?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I will give air335 credit that at least he posted a dyno number! Most of you guys ' may' remember that I ordered asr turbos last August! I finally ended up canceling my order in April as I didn't want to wait anymore. I'm going single turbo now! And before anyone asks, yes I did get my deposit back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    22% mustang to dynojet correction?? Ok...no comment
    My thoughts exactly lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i have had a set of ASR turbos on my car for about 2 years now, Abid is a peice of $#@! and it took about 6 months and me making clear ill fly out to florida and beat my money out of him if he doesnt produce. my car is currently being built at Stett in Plano tx. Chad had a few kinks to work out at first but over all im very happy with the turbos. also ASR was one of the only choices at the time. as soon as my car is finished being built in a few months ill be sure and have the shop post some pics and numbers. im not a computer guy hints why i never comment on other posts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ASRboosted Click here to enlarge
    i have had a set of ASR turbos on my car for about 2 years now, Abid is a peice of $#@! and it took about 6 months and me making clear ill fly out to florida and beat my money out of him if he doesnt produce. my car is currently being built at Stett in Plano tx. Chad had a few kinks to work out at first but over all im very happy with the turbos. also ASR was one of the only choices at the time. as soon as my car is finished being built in a few months ill be sure and have the shop post some pics and numbers. im not a computer guy hints why i never comment on other posts.
    Welcome! Thanks for sharing.
    Looking forward to hearing more for your build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    again im terriable with computers and tech stuff, my pops and i just joined N.A.S.A. did a weekend event at MSR cressen and feel in love, decided to make it a full track car, trying to get into sema as well. I always wanted to dyno the car but it just seemed like i was always doing one thing or another and never got around to it, also spent some time at the body shop. i actually slapped a bottle on my car a few months ago, i know a lot of ppl look down on that but out here in dallas there are a lot of vetts and fast cars and i like to hurt ppls feelsings when they think its just a little 3 series :-) if you go on Stetts website my name is Eric its the awe92 with the black wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh snap..

What're you getting done at Chadd's?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

very odd that you join right after this thread is made though.. what drew you here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

everything, car had fbo and turbos, meth, like i said just put on the bottle, h&r coilovers and pretty much all the other little suspension things but now complete m3 suspenson new act 4200 series, full roll cage, rotera bbk front and back break ducts new short ram intake, its fully gutted sitting up at the shop most the parts are all there just waiting on breaks from what i understand, they are also lifting my truck, trying to get a trcuk and car set up for sema.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    everything, car had fbo and turbos, meth, like i said just put on the bottle, h&r coilovers and pretty much all the other little suspension things but now complete m3 suspenson new act 4200 series, full roll cage, rotera bbk front and back break ducts new short ram intake, its fully gutted sitting up at the shop most the parts are all there just waiting on breaks from what i understand, they are also lifting my truck, trying to get a trcuk and car set up for sema.
    Sounds pretty awesome, you should take some pictures and post them up here.

I'd also be interested to hear how nitrous works out for you, it seems to work well with smaller shots on the N54 but larger jets are hit and miss.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nothing drew me here, ive always been on the fourms just never respond. ive been watching this thread as it started and i guess ive read enough that i should put my 2 cents in bc like you all were saying not many ppl out there with a ASR kit. im sure ill be banned for saying this but as much of a douche abid is, he makes a good set up. i find it funny ppl always talk about fanboys but being a outsider here it seems like if you dont all have the exact same product you bash everything else out there. so time i chime in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks man, david said he was going to document the build for me he has a nice camera so for sure ill have them post pics.

as far as the no2 yeah we used a 30 shot, at the time i was running the hankook V12 tires, had no traction so i couldnt even tell unless it was a roll. right before i went to the track i picked up a set of advans omg that tire is AMAZING. looking foward to filling up the bottle with some actual traction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    figured i'd post over some of abid's replies to inquiries/concerns about the kit alr335xi purchased and the power it made:

Guys there is a lot of speculation in regards to the power output vs. baseline run with stock turbos and the information is incorrect. The basline was not 386whp that was the torque. The baseline was 60whp less approximately, OP made a mistake reading the graph and posted torque numbers instead and can attest to this.

Lets get all the fact straight before rushing to judgement. First OP put C16 in the car to dyno the without adaption, which will in turn make less power than pump since the fuel burns too slow for the amount of timing and heat in the cylinder. This is due to over octaning the fuel meant for the application. Many people have this misconception, as OP did, that the higher the octane you run the more power you make. This only holds true when you can take advantage of the octane via timing, higher boost, etc. OP was running pump gas files with C16 which will actually cause a loss of power on a pump gas file. Not trying to make excuses, just simply stating the facts.

Lets be realistic here, Shiv's car didn't receive any magic turbos that we provided to him over our standard setup to make the power he made. Our shop car ran a best of 181mph in the standing mile with the same exact turbo setup, which doesn't happen with 6hp increase over stock turbos. The numbers don't lie. OP's purpose to start this thread was to share with the N54 community his experience with installing ASR's turbos on an XI, not to prove how much power they can make since that has already been proven time & time again. Instead people are bashing him and ASR based on illegitimate claims and assumptions. We've even heard guys stating that we only made 60whp over stock on pump gas and how that's nothing for the money compared to a stock turbo car. What they fail to realize is the major differences in the power and torque bands through out the graph. It's very simple math, you can take ASR or RB turbos and set the boost on both to produce 400whp and they will still be faster and outperform a stock turbo setup with 440 whp. Honestly speaking, what kind of educated person would assume an increase of 6hp of baseline with our turbo upgrades to be true? Why would Vishnu carry and sell our turbos to many of their clients if our turbos don't make the power proven and claimed?

OP has stated to us that he is trying to get scheduled on a dynojet sometime this week with the correct octane fuel and maps to show the correct power output of his vehicle. His goal is to produce the equivalent to the wheels as a non-XI, of course including the factor of additional drivetrain loss which we know will not be problem. Lets give him the opportunity to do so before rushing to judgement.

member jazze90 then asked:
    Aren't the dynos you're talking about very old and not applicable to the changes in your current units? Changes such as the inner wall/divider removal, housing changes, etc... If yes, what was the point in removing that divider?

asr engineering replied:
    You are correct in regards to the dyno's of our old setup. We have not posted dyno sheets of our new setup with the wastegate flapper wall removed since, although it was a provision that was made to work with our billet actuators, it's main purpose was designed to support increased turbine flow that our larger Stage II setup requires. We manufacture our Stage I's with this same flapper wall removed since they are built to be upgradeable at any point without having to send the manifold back to us for machining. OP's dynos would have a hard time reflecting this change since he did not have our old setup on his car to offer a baseline dyno from. We have no problem starting another thread showing the differences between our old setup vs. new, especially since this thread was not was not started by us or intended for that purpose.

jazze90 then replied back:
    Sorry, I don't think I've understood the answer, maybe its the way I worded my question. To rephrase, is there a power gain in removing the inner divider wall when comparing the early stage 1 kit and the current stage 1 kit, or, does the advantage of removing it only exist with your new stage 2 kit?

asr engineering then replied:
    No need to apologize, my mistake for not posting the answer clearly enough. Yes, there is an advantage to be gained from removing the seperation wall since it does reduce aerodynamic tumble in the turbine flow path. How much is to be gained in terms of dyno numbers on the Stage I, still remains to be seen since it wasn't specifically designed to maximize power for the Stage I. However, we did see a difference in lowered egt's and backpressure figures. Please keep in mind that we didn't make any tweeks or changes to the programming to take advantage of those changes on the Stage I as of yet though. That being said, we'd be more than happy to do some dynos and datalogs of our old setup vs. new to share before and after results.

figured i'd post this info here for members who are banned there. it's some food for thought not only with alr335xi's situation but hybrid upgrades in general. i think RB's could make some more power with the wall removed if it indeed blocks the turbine's flow path. but apparently an actuator upgrade is needed in that case, which is why they even developed one and sent to Forge to mass produce in the first place.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nothing drew me here, ive always been on the fourms just never respond. ive been watching this thread as it started and i guess ive read enough that i should put my 2 cents in bc like you all were saying not many ppl out there with a ASR kit. im sure ill be banned for saying this but as much of a douche abid is, he makes a good set up. i find it funny ppl always talk about fanboys but being a outsider here it seems like if you dont all have the exact same product you bash everything else out there. so time i chime in.
    Banned for saying a product may be good? Heh, right.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast