Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: RB vs ASR gen 2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    George did you pancake the pipe going behind the engine? How did you attach the pipes to the compressors? Silicone couplers?

18wheel is great!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What material are the tubes?
    What is the first picture about?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    George did you pancake the pipe going behind the engine? How did you attach the pipes to the compressors? Silicone couplers?

18wheel is great!
    Front and back are pan caked. Silicon reducer to attach to turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Pancaking makes sense, you have more room for insulation tape or something in case the tubes are SS. Or for a slim stainless shield in case the tubes are plastic/carbon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pancaking doesn't hurt anything in this case as its on the intake side and the main thing is surface area and length of piping
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

18wheel is great!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    fwiw, asr told me they dyno'd with the intake tubes completely off (a while back, on their stage 1 gen 1) and it made little to no gain (could be a white lie of some sort, shiv was apparently there, at the dyno session, he maybe able to verify although many on this board do not take his word highly. this was with v3). however, with stage 2, they expect a gain to be had with larger intake connections to the turbos. everyone seems to be showing the front pipe. the front pipe is easy! lots of space, at least compared to the rear. what i and i expect everyone else watching this thread want to see: the rear pipe (positioning behind engine), the connection to the turbos, etc.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Few believe Shiv, NOONE trusts asr. I won't be surprised when 39 rwhp is gained on an RB car at high boost

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    fwiw, asr told me they dyno'd with the intake tubes completely off (a while back, on their stage 1 gen 1) and it made little to no gain (could be a white lie of some sort, shiv was apparently there, at the dyno session, he maybe able to verify although many on this board do not take his word highly. this was with v3). however, with stage 2, they expect a gain to be had with larger intake connections to the turbos. everyone seems to be showing the front pipe. the front pipe is easy! lots of space, at least compared to the rear. what i and i expect everyone else watching this thread want to see: the rear pipe (positioning behind engine), the connection to the turbos, etc.
    Do you know what they made at ASR back then? 530+ on a dynojet...doesn't that seem like the pipes helped and that ASR went hush hush on it as they were marketing their turbos and not the fact you can pick up a bit of power with the pipes taken off Click here to enlarge

Can't wait to do these pipes now lol Even Shiv recently said they "may" be worth 10-20whp, hint hint
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it totally makes sense now actually. how did they make that 540whp glory run? 2 carpet dryers blowing air and the intake tubes off i guess, that rear turbo must have been pulling some hot ass air though. shiv maxed at 518, i'm guessing intake on? then his 'hint' would be spot on.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is there an actual dyno posted of a > 518rw run?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, but he was on a high reading dyno...that dyno with FBO and ASR turbos baselines at 296-300...mine baselines at 282 for instance...so he's in the 500 range but obviously took advantage of the higher baseline for marketing like any dirty businessman would hehe
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, but he was on a high reading dyno...that dyno with FBO and ASR turbos baselines at 296-300...mine baselines at 282 for instance...so he's in the 500 range but obviously took advantage of the higher baseline for marketing like any dirty businessman would hehe
    At least a baseline was posted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have a link? Don't think I've seen it. Curious on AFR.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    At least a baseline was posted.
    True
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My 135i baselined 295whp on stock boost, but made 424whp on 18.5 psi with stock turbos. My 335i baselined 277whp but made 407whp at 17.5 psi @ 5000 RPM, both STD corrected.

ambient temp for the 135i pull was 91 degrees, 335i ambient temp was 26 degrees. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the varying dynojet baselines/peak numbers? Regardless, the delta is what's important; both deltas were right around 130whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, but he was on a high reading dyno...that dyno with FBO and ASR turbos baselines at 296-300...mine baselines at 282 for instance...so he's in the 500 range but obviously took advantage of the higher baseline for marketing like any dirty bmine was usinessman would hehe
    Mine was 290 something, fbo, RB, ms109 fuel, Fwiw

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Only 518rw and no dyno AFR posted. Was asking about the 530rw run.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567