Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    Back to your original post - are you still on stock DVs or do you have Forged DVs with different spring? (I think I'm running yellow, don't remember exactly though).

I am running the Forge DVs with the yellow springs as well. I took them apart, cleaned them up and lubricated them with high-temperature silicone grease. ...not that they needed any of that, but I thought it won't hurt...
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    No, I have not. I choose to be stubborn about this as I am very much against any piggie-backs. In my book those are just parasites.
    My car has been tuned successfully with both piggy ba k and flash to all boost levels. My flash tuner cannot tell the two apart when I get him to guess which I am using.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    My car has been tuned successfully with both piggy ba k and flash to all boost levels. My flash tuner cannot tell the two apart when I get him to guess which I am using.
    Personally I prefer the flash approach, but one cant argue real results with theory (only), and for me being fbo+meth the piggybacks seems to be the simpler better performing choice so far.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The root of this problem has to be with how the DME acts. I've noticed similar things with the two major piggybacks, although not to such an extent as you describe it. But in colder weather the engine feels alot crispier vs hot weather conditions where a certain sloppyness can be noticed.

I would have thought that this was less of an issue with a flash tune though?
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    if your thinking of switching to giac, Try switching to regular Cobb stg2, I think the aggressive maps are choppy and Cobb is still working on a fix. The regular stg2 still boosts to 16.5 psi (when ambit temps allow) and it feels quick. The regular stg 2 is reaaaal smooth, my car runs great on it. Today it's 81 and humid, my car is smooth as butter on regular stg2.

I had giac and can tell you that Cobb stg 2 non aggressive is just as fast (if not faster) as giac stg2 but actually feels like it has more tq.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

bobS,

I thought of the exact same thing actually, but for a different reason. The aggressive maps are for 93 octane fuel (I don't have meth) and I just don't trust the quality of the fuel here in Chicago. ...even though I ALWAYS make sure I get top-tier fuel. My thought is that a few degrees of timing won't hurt the power too much and it may add a bit of a safety margin when the temps start rising. Besides, summer is on its way. IAT's here in Chicago will be above 90F even with a giant intercooler...

So, in preparation for the upcoming track day this Saturday, I went back to 3.01 firmware and maps (did a full uninstall and reinstall) and I loaded the Stage2+FMIC Sport map. Hopefully, I won't see any overboost or choppyness
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Great I hope it works out for you. I'm running my car on stg 2, I don't plan to load the aggressive map unless I really need to. My logs look good and the car runs great, as if it were stock.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12