Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VRSF DP issue

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My AA's fit perfectly. No rattles or issues. I'm not going to spend $900 on a product that I can get the same quality and fitment for several hundred dollars less. AR will talk trash all day about the other brands all day long and never provide ANY data to support their claims of superior performance. If they provided some back pressure readings showing their DP outperforms their competitors then they might be worth it but until then I wouldn't buy their product for no other reason then their arrogance on e90 post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think its safe to say all companies have had their share of defects. I did two sets of MS pipes, both were offset towards the trans so it wacked the entire exhaust out of alignment. A set of AAs and its replacement set both had the wrong angle and were too far down, causing the exhaust to push down and scrape over every bump. I had my fair share of AR N55 pipes during prototype testing that didnt quite fit. Their N54 xi pipes i had gotten 3 sets where the top 02 bungs were slightly off, causing interference issues. CPe had a few sets that were so horribly off one of the flanges was pointing up!

Dont get me started on RR or raceland lol. Ive put cars back to stock that the owner put these in and said they 'fit perfectly', and the gaskets were shot, exhaust waa rubbing the frame, poor alignment, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Funny to hear that even the infamous AR DP have small fitment issues occasionally. I've helped with install on RR and RL DP. Both went in OK (no DP install is fun). Also watched my MS DP and a set of AR DP installed. They went in fairly easily (done by a shop). All of them fit in the end though.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Square&Level Click here to enlarge
    FWIW, I had my AR DPs installed by a very competent shop; guess what?? They had to make a small dimple becuase it made contact with a bolt. So to say that cetain brands are without fitment problems becuase "You get what you pay for", isn't always the case.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I had zero issues installing my cp-e cattless pipes. They bolted right up with plenty of clearance in all directions, and are very impressive looking with that cast bellmouth! Gotta love the time and effort that went into R&D, it really shows in the final product.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I installed my set of VRSF "rush order" dp's with no issues, fwiw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12