Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Wow, glad you are okay bud. Things could have been alot worse had your windows not been down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Malaka1 Click here to enlarge
    GeorgiaTech this happened on the causeway to Clearwater Beach. I am going to pick up the police report tomorrow, they said that adjustments were being made to it.. The witness actually drives an E30 w/ an RB25 swap so he is cool and will be on my side if I decide to go to court.
    The causeway has some traffic all the time and if you were the only one who drove into the ocean, I would just drop fighting the citation. The citation is peanuts anyways compared to the damage to your car. You can say that you did not drive any faster than the other traffic, and that you are just a poor driver, but they can say that you drove too fast for your driving skills. I don't see how you could win. I think you've got headaches enough even without an additional court case.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So a malfunctioning municipal owned sprinkler system caused hazardous road conditions? Is that correct? If that is the case and you claim it caused an unsafe condition which contributed to you losing control then I would think that the burden of proof should be on the city to prove otherwise. I'm not a lawyer but if the water wasn't there do you think you would have lost it?
    If it was me, I would go back and document everything and contact a lawyer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What do you guys think about this case?
    Don't tell them if you got fish in the car. The fine will for sure be raised then Click here to enlarge

Glad you were able to leave the car and still is around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I am glad your ok, thnat is just bad luck.

But on the bright side what car are you getting next?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

First of all glad you are OK. Man Cops are pieces of $#@!.

Anyway, yes, get proof of the leaking sprinkler. That is the mistake I made when I hit water that was there due to negligence by the city. If they are going to make this hard on you hit them right back.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    I am glad your ok, thnat is just bad luck.

But on the bright side what car are you getting next?
    Not sure, I have been wanting a 4-door car so maybe E60 550i, Jaguar XF, G37S, or Lexus GS460. I want something that I won't mod very much. Too much money in mods just lost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Not sure, I have been wanting a 4-door car so maybe E60 550i, Jaguar XF, G37S, or Lexus GS460. I want something that I won't mod very much. Too much money in mods just lost.
    Take the mods that are salvageable off your car and sell them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'd pay the $300 damage fee (after all you did cause damage), and fight the citation. I think that's the more mature reaction to this... btw, please smack the cameraman.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Glad you're okay man. If you can prove the sprinkler system was broken, fight the the city.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    yeah the city is fault i actually sued mdx for the 8th street on ramp for turnpike northbound after a spin out at around 15 mph because of unsafe construction causing water to run down the heavily inbanked ramp part of the reason they changed it from 1 lane to like 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have not seen where you have made any comments about dealing with the insurance company yet. Be aware that you can negotiate with them, what they offer is negotiable, and you can negotiate for the car too. They might offer you the car for $500 (or less) and then you can part it out for a large profit. Obviously. lots of parts will be ruined, but many parts will be fine if they are cleaned up fairly soon.

My wife totaled out her car (a few years ago) and they offered it to me for $100. I ended up selling the parts and car for $3,500.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

This is one of the craziest stories I've heard in a while. Glad you were able to get out of the window. Can the turbos be salvaged?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

ISF, yota reliability, dct, 4 doors, not very much you can do to them, decent power

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ISF, yota reliability, dct, 4 doors, not very much you can do to them, decent power
    +1, and man the exhaust is insane with a small bit of work.

FWIW, I looked at the 550i M Sport (RWD and AWD), it's a boat and not as quick as it should be for the power. I don't know much about reliability of the Jags these days, but the XFR is an awesome car if you have the coin. I also looked at the G37S as a cross-shop to the 335, the coupe and sedan versions were great until I drove the 335 Click here to enlarge

My neighbor has a GS460h, it's decent looking but not in the same league as these other cars if performance is any consideration.

If I was going to get a 4 door RWD car it would be the CTS-V, the looks leave something to be desired but what a rocket!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12