Close

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    My car made 600whp on E85/91oct without meth. It doesn't make too much more than that with 91oct + meth (630-640? something like that), and it made 657whp with E85/91oct + meth. Isn't running E85/91oct similar to running crappy race gas? I'm sure I would see some gains by running real race gas in all scenarios over the E85/91oct mix, but damn that stuff is expensive. Is it your concern that switching to 100+oct from E85/91oct wouldn't yield better results? Or do you expect race gas alone to yield better results than 91oct + meth? Also, aren't there other gains from meth, ie. cooling the intake charge, which could lead to higher dyno numbers?

The chemical energy per volume of E85 is lower than that of gasoline. As you have stated, this requires a higher fuel flow rate. Doesn't that kind of prove that we are not limited by flow rate, and there's no need to use a secondary injection system to increase flow?

Believe me when I say I'm not trying to start a fight. Just looking for clarification.
    If you werent limited by fuel flowrate you should be able to exceed the numbers you made on 91/meth with just E50 in the tank. The problem like you stated is the lower energy content and the extra demand of fuel. I personally am just interested in where the limits are of the factory fuel system, its already surpassed all of my expectations by far. I'm sure shiv knows this, but because of his shady marketing tactics it wont be divulged. Anything that could possibly be percieved as negative in anyones eyes will be hidden by him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Being the first to do something noteworthy even if it isn't exactly what was expected doesn't make it a flop.

Did we expect more? Yes. Still the first into the 10's even if it is barely and with compromises.
    Even though I am sure you don't care, this statement just gained some respect from me. I haven't been around your site much, but this is the first non critical post I have seen from you about Shiv and his products.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    Even though I am sure you don't care, this statement just gained some respect from me. I haven't been around your site much, but this is the first non critical post I have seen from you about Shiv and his products.
    Well you definitely will see more as you read. I have nothing against him although he seems to hold some grudge.

There are some VERY questionable practices regarding his marketing and claims but you can come to your own conclusion.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well you definitely will see more as you read. I have nothing against him although he seems to hold some grudge.

There are some VERY questionable practices regarding his marketing and claims but you can come to your own conclusion.
    Just "read" through the last 7 pages. You all can flame me if you want, but personally I am not too concerned with any marketing hype by any vendor. As long as the product I purchase works for me, I'm happy, which is usually the case as I don't jump into purchases without my own research. Click here to enlarge So far I have been happy with everything I've bought from all vendors...minus a gauge I purchased, but will refrain from going into that as everything was "worked out" in the end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    Just "read" through the last 7 pages. You all can flame me if you want, but personally I am not too concerned with any marketing hype by any vendor. As long as the product I purchase works for me, I'm happy, which is usually the case as I don't jump into purchases without my own research. Click here to enlarge So far I have been happy with everything I've bought from all vendors...minus a gauge I purchased, but will refrain from going into that as everything was "worked out" in the end.
    I don't care all too much what a vendor says as long as I get the product I paid for. The questions that usually come at him are regarding customer service for those said products and how they are portrayed. If it is portrayed a certain way but doesn't do as advertised then I would have a problem with the vendor. There are a lot of forum personalities to contend with and I know sometimes it gets heated but that doesn't have bearing on the product quality.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I can't comment on the parts directly pertaining to Shiv, but I agree with the overall statement 100%.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's been months since we saw anything from Shiv's car. The rebuild isn't done yet?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Funny you should say that......He's talking about it on e90, he said he is expecting over 850whp and a dyno this weekClick here to enlarge

Here is the pic posted..... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting! Looks like a twin scroll. I don't have enough experience to say whether they work well enough to justify the extra welding but in theory it should spool a little quicker.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well then this was probably the motor he was putting numbers out for that suddenly gained a lot of spool and power when he started taunting Tony. He got asked point blank whether he was running a new twin-scroll kit; and he denied it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Funny you should say that......He's talking about it on e90, he said he is expecting over 850whp and a dyno this weekClick here to enlarge

Here is the pic posted..... Click here to enlarge
    850 eh? Let's see it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ended up drinking with Shiv 2 days in a row. Friends of friends wound up in the same place...Click here to enlarge We didn't talk much car stuff. But He told me a little about it. Car is running right now, its a customers car and he gave permission to blow it up seeing how much power they came make. Sounds like fun to me. Looking forward to seeing what it does...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Ended up drinking with Shiv 2 days in a row. Friends of friends wound up in the same place...Click here to enlarge We didn't talk much car stuff. But He told me a little about it. Car is running right now, its a customers car and he gave permission to blow it up seeing how much power they came make. Sounds like fun to me. Looking forward to seeing what it does...
    Did he mention what happened to his car? It's been months since we've heard anything from it. Why wouldn't he test a new turbo setup on the shop car first.. Kind of odd?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Did he mention what happened to his car? It's been months since we've heard anything from it. Why wouldn't he test a new turbo setup on the shop car first.. Kind of odd?
    As I said we barely talked cars, we were just having a fun weekend. I didn't ask about his car and he didn't mention it. But I mean if I had a customer willing to sacrifice his motor in the name of power and so he can built it up after, I would prob do that instead of my own motor as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Results will be interesting! FFTEC sure makes a nice looking manifold. It's a shame they need to wrap it in that ugly header wrap and the gold foil. Wish there was another way there. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 06-03-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Results will be interesting! FFTEC sure makes a nice looking manifold. It's a shame they need to wrap it in that ugly header wrap and the gold foil. Wish there was another way there. Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, them $#@!es can weld.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Well then this was probably the motor he was putting numbers out for that suddenly gained a lot of spool and power when he started taunting Tony. He got asked point blank whether he was running a new twin-scroll kit; and he denied it. Click here to enlarge
    Can't say for sure, but what was said on e90 is that this is just a mock up engine and it doesn't belong to any car. As far as the car you speak of, that was insano's, no? He is running the vff800?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If true, that is freakin' awesome! It'll be very interesting to see where these things finally let go!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So blow it up to see what it can handle then build it I take it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does seem a little odd. My guess is he blew the motor in his car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True it has been rather quiet...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like the idea of a twin scroll, and that manifold looks freaking cool. Worth it? Always! Maybe. Very excited to see where it pops!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Does seem a little odd. My guess is he blew the motor in his car.
    Probably but it shouldn't take that long to throw it back together. Then again Shiv is an odd guy. Never quite been able to figure him out. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Probably but it shouldn't take that long to throw it back together. Then again Shiv is an odd guy. Never quite been able to figure him out. Click here to enlarge
    He's a man of mystery not to mention he's his own worst enemy. His marketing and secretive behavior is the reason why his product is heading south.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    He's a man of mystery not to mention he's his own worst enemy. His marketing and secretive behavior is the reason why his product is heading south.
    I think it's also a combination of the platform seemingly going beyond his ability. He obviously doesn't have a flash grasp (or resources) like Cobb and now the turbo upgrade market is giving him competition. He just is better suited at selling the piggyback by utilizing the forums to convince people to buy it. I mean that's what I have seen thus far. I just don't think the Haltech ties are doing much for him any more these days and the platform seems to be passing him by. But at long as he has a deal with FFtec it continues to give him relevance as the single turbo may impress at some point.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast