Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    Actually, after watching the whole clip, the blow off valve actuates EVERY time before he shifts?

Keep your eyes on his right hand, and you will hear the blow off valve EVERY time BEFORE he shifts.

Something is wrong here? Audio? Video? or wrong set up? Not sure
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Lol yeah, it doesn't blow off on shift, it blows off on throttle closure, before he shifts...

That is normal for standard turbo cars.
    Okay, I have never seen that on an Indy/Champ car, or other race car before, but if you say so I'll go along with it. Just seems strange to me.

Most of my experience is with superchargers, that is some 20+ years, so I guess I learn something new everyday.

Thanks for the inputClick here to enlarge
    for having such experience i'm surprised you can't figure this out lol. as slicktop has explained, the pressure is released (through the BOV) once the throttle blade starts to close. the throttle closes as you let off the GAS pedal, your (the drivers) throttle control (forget about shifting - lets say u don't want to shift after the pull, and stay in neutral, will your supercharger be holding boost lol?). the pressure must be released because otherwise, it would damage the components trying to cram the air in (turbo or supercharger) in one direction while this air volume is not moving forward where the f/i system wants it to go, into the engine (again, because the throttle is closed, off gas pedal). hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 05-18-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Someone need to supercharge the V8 Ariel Atom.
    You can make more than enough power with the Honda motor.

I want a street legal one...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Okay guys, I was having a senior moment at work yesterday. THAT car is running FINE, my bad.

What I was confusing the noise and issue with, was on the OLD CART cars that had an absolute manifold pressure relieve valve on them. CART would hand you one when your team arrived, and it would limit the amount of boost you could make.

Anyway, without wasting any more time, MY BAD.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Okay guys, I was having a senior moment at work yesterday. THAT car is running FINE, my bad.

What I was confusing the noise and issue with, was on the OLD CART cars that had an absolute manifold pressure relieve valve on them. CART would hand you one when your team arrived, and it would limit the amount of boost you could make.

Anyway, without wasting any more time, MY BAD.
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing that, never knew they had a spec boost control like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12