Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I was lowballing it. I see your point about volume and how the price drops correspondingly which each unit they produce. I came from Subarus. The price for a fully built cosworth longblock with cams was 13k, so seeing a 21k price tag for a motor with no cylinder head work or cams seems a little outrageous to me.
    Not off by much.

I agree for just a shortblock that's a lot of coin, even if it needs to be resleeved.

All the power is made in the top end, especially N/A, so I'm not sure I understand the lack of modification of heads/cams to match the extra inches offered by current stroker applications.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Not off by much.

I agree for just a shortblock that's a lot of coin, even if it needs to be resleeved.

All the power is made in the top end, especially N/A, so I'm not sure I understand the lack of modification of heads/cams to match the extra inches offered by current stroker applications.
    Dinan does not sleeve it.

I don't understand the lack of heads/cams either. I think it is just due to the added cost. Still, stroker motors aren't seeing their full potential.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Dinan does not sleeve it.
    Definitely makes it less expensive. We have to sleeve our 7.0Ls, every bottom end component is a top of the line race part as far as design/materials, plus the extra machining/sleeves and we're still an easy $6-7k cheaper as far as bottom ends go.

I don't understand the lack of heads/cams either. I think it is just due to the added cost. Still, stroker motors aren't seeing their full potential.
    Agreed, added cost and too much R&D for those guys. Honestly if they ported a S65/S85 head they'd probably ruin it, they are obviously very good from the factory but changes are necessitated when going with more inches. You could get away with just adding larger sticks but that's not doing it right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Not off by much.

Yeah that's most baffling part... no cams no cylinder headwork. They're leaving a good chunk of power on the table.
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah that's most baffling part... no cams no cylinder headwork. They're leaving a good chunk of power on the table.
    It is because they can get away with it and the people in the market won't question it. As a matter of fact, a few of these stroker guys say the heads are more than good enough and can't be improved. Of course they can be improved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sale extended, surprise, surprise Click here to enlarge

This sale runs from July 1, 2010 through July 31, 2010. This offer cannot be combined with any other Dinan offers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It is because they can get away with it and the people in the market won't question it. As a matter of fact, a few of these stroker guys say the heads are more than good enough and can't be improved. Of course they can be improved.
    It's sad how people buy into whatever a vendor tells them. As I said when I saw their kit for the 135i it made me laugh. You can purchase all the parts they offer from different vendors make more power for way less. Dinan really needs to wake up.
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dinan is a bunch bull$#@! IMO...so much more out there yet all these poor saps get loured in lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    dinan is a bunch bull$#@! IMO...so much more out there yet all these poor saps get loured in lol
    Some people just don't know and get tricked by the warranty aspect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12