Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Dinan Stroker Motor price down to $21,250 - also offering 20% off all software

It is interesting to see them keep chipping away and chipping away at this price. They bumped it down, only to bump it up again, to now offer a 15% off sale showing they will take $21,250 for it.

Dinan is also offering 15% off superchargers and 20% off software: http://www.dinancars.com/bmw/specials

Sale ends June 30th.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cause they know most people looking for a significant power increase will go with a blower. Both Gintani and ESS retail for thousands less and provide a lot more bang for the buck.
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what is the price for the dinan sc kit?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The big guys will fall first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    what is the price for the dinan sc kit?
    For the E46?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For the E46?
    oo sorry I thought Monster135 was refering to the e9x m3 in his post

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The dinan stroker is for e92 right? Plus u need install and tune?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    The dinan stroker is for e92 right? Plus u need install and tune?
    That includes the tune and they have a stroker for the S85 V10 as well.

The price for the V10 is a nice difference from what it once was, down to $25k. Amazing how their pricing has shifting so radically and I find it funny now how people defended the earlier cost, clearly it was inflated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how much was it before? Sticky are you having Gintani stroke the motor in your setup?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you a distrubitor for them? Is it like HPF where they only do it at a certain facility?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how much was it before? Sticky are you having Gintani stroke the motor in your setup?
    Yes, I think they are stroking it.

The V10 was $40k not too long ago. The V8 was about $30k. I said the V8 pricing made no sense as they basically just took everything over from the V10. Seems Dinan had a $10k cushion in their price and still is making money with it dropped significantly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    Are you a distrubitor for them? Is it like HPF where they only do it at a certain facility?
    I'm not distributor for them, why would I be? They will install this at any Dinan dealer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That includes the tune and they have a stroker for the S85 V10 as well.

The price for the V10 is a nice difference from what it once was, down to $25k. Amazing how their pricing has shifting so radically and I find it funny now how people defended the earlier cost, clearly it was inflated.
    Their prices are still inflated. I'm sorry 20k for a stroker screams BMW tax!!! 10k maybe 12k sounds reasonable but 25k for a slight bump in power? Do they honestly think everyone is smoking the same stuff they are?
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    Their prices are still inflated. I'm sorry 20k for a stroker screams BMW tax!!! 10k maybe 12k sounds reasonable but 25k for a slight bump in power? Do they honestly think everyone is smoking the same stuff they are?
    Their cost should be low since they already did all the work on the V10. It is still a bit high, but 10-12k would be too low. It is definitely way better than it was though. Dinan just goes off their name and hopes to get people who don't know any better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Their cost should be low since they already did all the work on the V10. It is still a bit high, but 10-12k would be too low. It is definitely way better than it was though. Dinan just goes off their name and hopes to get people who don't know any better.
    Pistons - 1000, Billet Rods - 1200, Billet Crank - 3500, keep in mind they're not including cams or headwork. The exhaust, intake, throttle bodies and pulleys have to all be purchased separately. How does that justify 21k? Strokers for Japanese or American cars cost half this much. When they released their 135 package I nearly pissed myself from laughter. Dinan thinks they can sell their overpriced crap simply because they're Dinan. The price screams BMW tax!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pistons - 1000, Billet Rods - 1200, Billet Crank - 3500, keep in mind they're not including cams or headwork. The exhaust, intake, throttle bodies and pulleys have to all be purchased separately. How does that justify 21k? Strokers for Japanese or American cars cost half this much. When they released their 135 package I nearly pissed myself from laughter. Dinan thinks they can sell their overpriced crap simply because they're Dinan. The price screams BMW tax!
    Well the crank itself is actually around $5k.

I agree with you, it isn't the hardware where the cost comes from. The labor is really the majority of it as that is included in the stroker cost yet it is still high.

Yes, it is BMW tax like basically everything else. I mean, you could make the argument our SC setups are way too expensive compared to the Japanese and American cars as well which are less than half.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I agree with you, it isn't the hardware where the cost comes from. The labor is really the majority of it as that is included in the stroker cost yet it is still high.

Yes, it is BMW tax like basically everything else. I mean, you could make the argument our SC setups are way too expensive compared to the Japanese and American cars as well which are less than half.
    It seems like the bmws are the make tuners do not want to mess with. Also other makes are cheaper to get into/mod as well, so a bigger market could be part of the reason why the other makes after market stuff is a lot cheaper.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It seems like the bmws are the make tuners do not want to mess with. Also other makes are cheaper to get into/mod as well, so a bigger market could be part of the reason why the other makes after market stuff is a lot cheaper.
    There are several reasons for our cost but there definitely is a BMW tax.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are several reasons for our cost but there definitely is a BMW tax.
    i do agre about the bmw tax rape for mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I completely agree with you, labor is the big factor but with that being said I still don't see how that adds up to 21k. Is the labor on a stroker really that expensive? Also in regards to the price, the 21k doesn't include the throttle bodies, intake, and exhaust needed to get the stroker's full potential.

With the superchargers, yeah they could definitely be cheaper. But the superchargers definitely provide a better bang for the buck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I completely agree with you, labor is the big factor but with that being said I still don't see how that adds up to 21k. Is the labor on a stroker really that expensive? Also in regards to the price, the 21k doesn't include the throttle bodies, intake, and exhaust needed to get the stroker's full potential.

With the superchargers, yeah they could definitely be cheaper. But the superchargers definitely provide a better bang for the buck.
    Well, we will see what Gintani charges for my stroker motor Click here to enlarge If I'm getting a stroker, lol, next time you see Alex ask him what the hell he is doing with my motor.

The stroker should not be as expensive as Dinan lists it, definitely. I talked with Evosport way back about what cost we could realistically do and it is in the 15k-18k range max with all top of the line components. I wish I knew how to do the labor myself as that is where most of the cost comes from. Fortunately, Gintani has the most reasonable labor rates out of any shop in SoCal other than RPI.

You are right, the Dinan stroker leaves out a lot of extra parts that you get with the RDsport stroker for example.

Exactly, it is easier to argue for the supercharger since it provides such greater gains for the dollar. Not to mention, it is easier to sell later as I proved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FWIW, ultimately cost will depend on how many custom cranks, rods, pistons, cams need to be made. I know BMW tuners only add inches, they don't address the top ends, so the cost shouldn't be as high as pointed out earlier.

I will say however that the cost to manufacture one billet 4340 7.0L stroker crank for a M156 is over $9k. If I do three at a time cost drops to around $7k per.

ARP wanted $2100 for studs/hardware for a M156, I told them to eat a dick. That's simply ridiculous. You'll often find that unless you make the part(s) yourself, pricing inflates as soon as you tell the manufacturer what motor said part(s) are for.

Hey at least we aren't into tractor pulling, a single billet cylinder (I6) head can cost upward of $20K. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That pricing is about right for a domestic offering (Modular/LSX) simply because of the difference in volume. Pistons are still a bit low, $1250-1400 for a good custom set of 2618s. +$200 for oversized tool steel wrist pins, + $350 SS Rings. (domestic pricing).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    That pricing is about right for a domestic offering (Modular/LSX) simply because of the difference in volume. Pistons are still a bit low, $1250-1400 for a good custom set of 2618s. +$200 for oversized tool steel wrist pins, + $350 SS Rings. (domestic pricing).
    Yeah I was lowballing it. I see your point about volume and how the price drops correspondingly which each unit they produce. I came from Subarus. The price for a fully built cosworth longblock with cams was 13k, so seeing a 21k price tag for a motor with no cylinder head work or cams seems a little outrageous to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, we will see what Gintani charges for my stroker motor Click here to enlarge If I'm getting a stroker, lol, next time you see Alex ask him what the hell he is doing with my motor.

The stroker should not be as expensive as Dinan lists it, definitely. I talked with Evosport way back about what cost we could realistically do and it is in the 15k-18k range max with all top of the line components. I wish I knew how to do the labor myself as that is where most of the cost comes from. Fortunately, Gintani has the most reasonable labor rates out of any shop in SoCal other than RPI.

You are right, the Dinan stroker leaves out a lot of extra parts that you get with the RDsport stroker for example.

Exactly, it is easier to argue for the supercharger since it provides such greater gains for the dollar. Not to mention, it is easier to sell later as I proved.
    Will do. Hopefully I should have my car back before the next millenium so my next stop will definitely be Gintani. I'll keep you updated on your beast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast