Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I drove a Veyron years ago at Miller Motorcars when they first came out... Its a beast of a car and the most luxurious thing I have ever been in and by far the fastest in a straight line. The Veyron is meant to be and is the pinnacle of luxury and speed. It is NOT and I say again NOT a sports car. It is a GT car on steroids, it can take turns better than its weight should allow and is blisteringly fast in a straight line. The car has no real competition market wise, what it does have is folks aiming to top it. Thats a tall order and many fall short... I see the Veyron for what it is and thats the car VW built because it could. For my money I would get an Aventador and send off to UGR for their upgrades and throw some deep dish 3pc wheels on it as a monster street car. Its cheaper, faster and handles better than a Veyron but it still doesn't come close to what a Veyron is.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I drove a Veyron years ago at Miller Motorcars when they first came out... Its a beast of a car and the most luxurious thing I have ever been in and by far the fastest in a straight line. The Veyron is meant to be and is the pinnacle of luxury and speed. It is NOT and I say again NOT a sports car. It is a GT car on steroids, it can take turns better than its weight should allow and is blisteringly fast in a straight line. The car has no real competition market wise, what it does have is folks aiming to top it. Thats a tall order and many fall short... I see the Veyron for what it is and thats the car VW built because it could. For my money I would get an Aventador and send off to UGR for their upgrades and throw some deep dish 3pc wheels on it as a monster street car. Its cheaper, faster and handles better than a Veyron but it still doesn't come close to what a Veyron is.
    Real experience > opinions
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    all there big hp street cars that we sit and say can beat the veyron come with a laundry list of compromises to get there!! the ss is a 9 sec car with the fit and finish of a rolls royce!! and we talk about the fact that its not a sports car but yet its one of the fastest cars around the top gear track that is a tight technical track, put that ss on a track that it can stretch its legs and it will do even better!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Real experience doesn't change the Veyron is not as impressive as the McLaren F1.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    all there big hp street cars that we sit and say can beat the veyron come with a laundry list of compromises to get there!! the ss is a 9 sec car with the fit and finish of a rolls royce!! and we talk about the fact that its not a sports car but yet its one of the fastest cars around the top gear track that is a tight technical track, put that ss on a track that it can stretch its legs and it will do even better!!
    Not really many compromises in putting a Kenne-Bell on a Ford GT.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Thank you sir...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Real experience doesn't change the Veyron is not as impressive as the McLaren F1.
    Sticky here is the irony in your statement... The two cars are not comparable in form or function. McLaren built a NA, RWD, 3 seater that defied the logic of weight and hp vs. outright speed. Bugatti built the fastest most luxurious vehicle on earth. They are supercars in their own right but frankly vastly different in approach, function and purpose. You do not buy a Veyron the road race or terrorize back roads in. You buy it first and foremost because you can and most can't. You buy it because you want to go from NYC to DC in the fastest most luxurious fashion.

The Mac you buy to terrorize road courses and B roads, you buy it to taunt more powerful cars and because you want a no compromises sports car that comes from the door set on kill.

As for being not being impressive... You're on the white powdery stuff again. The Veyron is a technological marvel, no less so than the F1 was and still is. They represent different ends of a very broad spectrum.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Sticky here is the irony in your statement... The two cars are not comparable in form or function. McLaren built a NA, RWD, 3 seater that defied the logic of weight and hp vs. outright speed. Bugatti built the fastest most luxurious vehicle on earth. They are supercars in their own right but frankly vastly different in approach, function and purpose. You do not buy a Veyron the road race or terrorize back roads in. You buy it first and foremost because you can and most can't. You buy it because you want to go from NYC to DC in the fastest most luxurious fashion.

The Mac you buy to terrorize road courses and B roads, you buy it to taunt more powerful cars and because you want a no compromises sports car that comes from the door set on kill.

As for being not being impressive... You're on the white powdery stuff again. The Veyron is a technological marvel, no less so than the F1 was and still is. They represent different ends of a very broad spectrum.
    They are very comparable. These are supposed to be no compromise supercars. One achieved the goal while the other is a pretender that makes its reputation based on nothing more than acceleration.

From an acceleration perspective, there are UGR Lambo's and GT-R's that can make the Veyron their $#@!. Low 140 trap speeds for over a million dollars is a joke.

If you just want to blow a lot of money on a status symbol go buy some classic car then that goes up in value which costs more than the Veyron. Not only is it a better investment, it's a better fashion statement.

The Veyron is not a technological marvel. They threw a ton of horsepower at a poor design. The McLaren F1 does more with less, that car is an engineering feat. The Veyron is overrated.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll agree to disagree we see the auto world from different perspectives and thats what make the hobby cool.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Veyron gets my props on Interior and gt luxury, but as far as performance, well its 16 cylinders. It better be fast. I'm more impressed when a 8 cyl can do that. Agera R

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Bugatti Veyron vs Lamborghini Aventador vs Lexus LFA vs McLaren MP4

I went all the way back to page 11, and copuld not find this posted anywhere, so I guess it is new for here.
    Took place this summer, all standard non modified cars.
    But what a line-up.
    I would gladly drive away with any of these, for sure.

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great Video

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LF-A is the most overrated "supercar" ever. Why anyone would choose it over the MP4-12C is beyond me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great video but this guy implying cylinder count equals power is kind of stupid.

Damn the Aventador is a beast. To do that without turbos... damn.

I'm pretty sure this was posted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Merged

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12