Close

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    thanks for the e-rep, guys, i feel so cool now

i'm not here to start drama. this is by no means a way of saying e90post isn't biased. this place is equally biased, however, and i find it humerous that all you guys trash e90post when this place is actually worse, IMHO.

shiv's work is pretty awesome on the n54 platform. what have all you been wishing for for years (if you've had the e90/e92/e82/etc for that long?) a single turbo. amirite?

i'm not a shiv fanboy. i'm not a fanboy of anything, actually.

consider me an opposing opinion/viewpoint on a horribly biased forum with little if any vishnu representation. joshboody frequents here sometimes, too, and i respect his points. LM, i don't respect. rather than address someone's opinion or views, he just neg reps them so they can't post. awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Wow, fast time for sure. Shiv says his goal is to have a faster n54 single than all SC m3's while running a stock bottom end. I bet he does it. I agree the meth and other supporting mods makes this car less street worthy but I'm sure other single kits will come.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Congrats to Shiv.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge

i'm not here to start drama. this is by no means a way of saying e90post isn't biased. this place is equally biased, however, and i find it humerous that all you guys trash e90post when this place is actually worse, IMHO.

shiv's work is pretty awesome on the n54 platform. what have all you been wishing for for years (if you've had the e90/e92/e82/etc for that long?) a single turbo. amirite?

consider me an opposing opinion/viewpoint on a horribly biased forum with little if any vishnu representation. joshboody frequents here sometimes, too, and i respect his points. LM, i don't respect. rather than address someone's opinion or views, he just neg reps them so they can't post. awesome.
    Although I've been around since 2008 and seen a lot of people come and go, my goal was 450 whp on pump gas. I still don't have it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Although I've been around since 2008 and seen a lot of people come and go, my goal was 450 whp on pump gas. I still don't have it. Click here to enlarge
    even with cobb and rb's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Not a fanboy but goes out of his way to create a thread directed to the "haters" Click here to enlarge
    If this was e90 you would be banned already. This place is nothing like it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

even with cobb and rb's?
    Cobb don't work on my car. Click here to enlarge

Edit- with RBs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

When it hits 30 degrees in the winter, I will borrow a set of Koseis remove all seats and unnecessary dead weight crank it to 21 psi tapering to as much as i can get away with with race gas dual CM12s

And at best I may beat dzennos time but 6.7? That's a stretch.
    It's really just an attention to detail type thing. You'll have to monitor the little details to make it happen.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Not a fanboy but goes out of his way to create a thread directed to the "haters" Click here to enlarge
    If this was e90 you would be banned already. This place is nothing like it.
    pointing out serious bias on a forum does not equal being a fanboy of any sorts. i wouldn't be banned on e90post from posting terry's 60-130 time (if the tables were reversed). let's be real here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Cobb don't work on my car. Click here to enlarge

Edit- with RBs.
    huh? i thought they had rb-specific maps?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

huh? i thought they had rb-specific maps?
    Like I said, Cobb don't work on my car. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

pointing out serious bias on a forum does not equal being a fanboy of any sorts. i wouldn't be banned on e90post from posting terry's 60-130 time (if the tables were reversed). let's be real here.
    Creating a thread Titled like this one can be intrepreted as being a fanboy.
    The reality is that people have been banned for less over there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Creating a thread Titled like this one can be intrepreted as being a fanboy.
    The reality is that people have been banned for less over there.
    well, i respect your interpretation, but that's not the case here. i currently have cobb Click here to enlarge

i can't speak to people getting banned on e90post. i just got off a 60 day ban there, myself (over some bull$#@! with one of the mods)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Great runs for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think comparing the RB turbos to this is pointless. The community has asked for a Single turbo set up and they finally have it. Lets embrace the fact that the motor is capable of holding this much power and be happy that there is a company that is bringing constant updates the scene. I can guarantee that Terry will be harping about a single turbo as soon as someone gives him one to play with. But right now he keeps bringing up the RB set up which is not fair to RB they are a great turbo set up and not to be compared to a Single. The Single will keep moving forward because they have just scratched the surface, and its irrelevant what company is doing it this is good for the N54 period. Big props the Vishnu/FFTec this is a great setup and they are continuously innovating.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Like I said, Cobb don't work on my car. Click here to enlarge
    interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

That's seriously fast! Can't believe all this is done with a stock internals N54. Very nice!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

well, i respect your interpretation, but that's not the case here. i currently have cobb Click here to enlarge
    Im sure I'm not the only one with the same interpretation.

i can't speak to people getting banned on e90post. i just got off a 60 day ban there, myself (over some bull$#@! with one of the mods)
    Not surprised. Won't be long before its permanent.
    Work on keeping your rep and contribute something other than drama. I bet you'll like it here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

About time they did a run on the road with similar power to their dyno runs, 11.1 @ 129 never did seem like 644whp. This 60-130 on level ground makes much more sense.

Too bad he didn't do a soft launch 1/4 on vbox on the same road, would have been interesting to see what his trap speed was on the vbox.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Im sure I'm not the only one with the same interpretation.

Not surprised. Won't be long before its permanent.
    Work on keeping your rep and contribute something other than drama. I bet you'll like it here.
    i still prefer e90post, myself. this forum is too small and does not represent the true market/owner landscape of the e90

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

That is GIGA fast! Click here to enlarge

No, seriously, finally $#@!ing GREAT 60-130 numbers...there's absolutely no way a similarly equipped RB car will ever come close to that...at this point I have to say the performance difference between what this single turbo car is doing and an RB car is about the difference between an RB car and a stock turbo car...both are VERY noticeable and I can't even imagine what the single feels at this point when I think back to what it felt like to go from stock to RBs...

This has nothing to do with my opinion about Shiv's marketing or his tuning approach as I think it can be done a lot better from the fueling perspective instead of depending heavily on meth...however, after so many miles on the car and constant beating I will also say that certain reliability is being established as well

Good job and keep it coming for the N54! Next thing to do with that setup is hit a nice 135+ trap and don't worry about that ET, I'll take care of those 10s lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

i still prefer e90post, myself. this forum is too small and does not represent the true market/owner landscape of the e90

^^Sorry,had to laugh at that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge

No, seriously, finally $#@!ing GREAT 60-130 numbers...there's absolutely no way a similarly equipped RB car will ever come close to that...at this point I have to say the performance difference between what this single turbo car is doing and an RB car is about the difference between an RB car and a stock turbo car...both are VERY noticeable and I can't even imagine what the single feels at this point when I think back to what it felt like to go from stock to RBs...

This has nothing to do with my opinion about Shiv's marketing or his tuning approach as I think it can be done a lot better from the fueling perspective instead of depending heavily on meth...however, after so many miles on the car and constant beating I will also say that certain reliability is being established as well

Good job and keep it coming for the N54! Next thing to do with that setup is hit a nice 135+ trap and don't worry about that ET, I'll take care of those 10s lol
    More fuel more boost nice decline i bet we could see that thing in the 5s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

that would be SICK. the turbo's got more in it, i don't know about the stock bottom end though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge

Big single is faster 60-130MPH, but it does not mean it would be a better all around performer and/or a better choice. If someone looks under the hood, not seeing the intake reveals the car and the owner immediately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Big single is faster 60-130MPH, but it does not mean it would be a better all around performer and/or a better choice. If someone looks under the hood, not seeing the intake reveals the car and the owner immediately.
    oh, of course...but, credit needs to be given here just based on hwy roll on performance...those numbers on level ground are really undisputable unless for some odd reason he can't verify them or ran them in robert's car lol

big single turbo cars, as many have said, are made to be hwy monsters...the design of the rear end and traction/suspension setups for the drag strip are different...its proving itself as a hwy contender (although faster is always better)...now it needs to hit some 135+ traps in the quarter to back up the dyno numbers
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast