Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    AS long as the kit is installed correctly according to the instructions, you have nothing to worry about. Once i re-installed it according to the directions I have had no issue's with the kit*

*I did have 2 leaks from broken tubing (1yr ago,which they now replaced with better stuff) and I did install the flow sensor in the wrong place which i had to replace, but those were my own fault.
    Last edited by LostMarine; 08-31-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's a great kit. As good as anything else we've tested and we tested most of the major ones including DO. Just as a warning laloosh has been attacking that CM kit for as long as I can remember on forums. So this isn't the best place to ask that question. You'll get quite a few haters including the guy laloosh sold his defective kit to. Click here to enlarge
    Defective kit? Care to explain how a simple meth kit can be defective?
    Line cracked 6 times, line was defective as CM later admitted it was their mistake for upping the pump pressure and not even looking at the line.
    Fittings SUCK, they are all the same. I worked a multiple CM kits.
    Nozzles SUCK and get stuck, CM realizes this again and is marketing a new nozzle wiht a higher price tag LMAO
    My pump leaked after a couple week of being installed. CM says they never heard of this and gave me a new pump.
    The 1.5G tank is the BIGGEST piece of $#@! on the planet. They have a ghetto fix which eliminates the air bubble according to them....yea it doesn't. That lil suction ghetto fix tube, moves around eventually and sucks in air either way.
    Boost sensor looks like it belongs in isle 3 of toys r us.
    And ummmm....theres nothing left to the kit.
    If mine was defective according to you (btw terry makes money by selling these kits, keep this in mind) then they are all defective.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why would you sell a defective kit knowing it is defective?
    I'm not sure. But it didn't work for the guy he sold it to. And IIRC that guy sold it to someone else who it also didn't work for. Point being there are three angry guys floating around there all who were unhappy with this single defective kit.

Since then CM has released new clear line (best out there), changed the fittings, improved the nozzle, and included a full wiring kit. It's a really nice kit now. The only weaker point is the flow sensor but that is the weakest point for all of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I'm not sure. But it didn't work for the guy he sold it to. And IIRC that guy sold it to someone else who it also didn't work for. Point being there are three angry guys floating around there all who were unhappy with this single defective kit.

Since then CM has released new clear line (best out there), changed the fittings, improved the nozzle, and included a full wiring kit. It's a really nice kit now. The only weaker point is the flow sensor but that is the weakest point for all of them.

This is the setup that i installed. He said he hasnt pushed the boost past 15psi, and the car runs great. He said he uses it the most when its extremely hot outside...the car has no loss in power and runs the same amount of boost in the daytime as it would on a cool night.

He said he left it on map 7 now and the car is a monster with all the mods done to it. I need to update his car to the latest 7/4 maps to see if he feels a better difference.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

you think me jpslick and thymyst are the only one that have problems wiht this POS kit. Search around on a forum besides yours. Every single meth problem thread, has a CM kit. From leaks, to stuck nozzles, to air in the tanks, to flow sensor issues ect ect.

Cue dave form CM is 5 4 3 2 1....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The spray pattern does look pretty spread out and atomized with the new nozzle CM makes....
    I will have to pull my Aquamist 1.0mm nozzle up in the air to see how well it atomizes the water when blasting.I only have a 125 PSI pump and only use a 49-51 mixture...I am just learning about the system as I just got it working.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    you think me jpslick and thymyst are the only one that have problems wiht this POS kit. Search around on a forum besides yours. Every single meth problem thread, has a CM kit. From leaks, to stuck nozzles, to air in the tanks, to flow sensor issues ect ect.

not exactly fair since i have seen people post with problems on every kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is for the benefit of anyone that is reading this.

Defective kit? Care to explain how a simple meth kit can be defective?
    Line cracked 6 times, line was defective as CM later admitted it was their mistake for upping the pump pressure and not even looking at the line.
    You need to get your facts straight. We tested significantly with the hose. Yes there was an issue, it affected a number of people, but the majority never had issues. We replaced the hose with the best hose in the industry. I took responsibility for it, thats all I can do. Only one customer made a big deal about it.

Fittings SUCK, they are all the same. I worked a multiple CM kits.
    You realize that Labonte MS, Aquamist and DO all use those fittings? You realize your the only one complaining? Quick connect fittings will not release if pressure is in the line. It also requires someone with intuitive skills to use them. We have upgraded our fittings anyway, not because any issue but we wanted all metal fittings, no plastic clips.

Nozzles SUCK and get stuck, CM realizes this again and is marketing a new nozzle wiht a higher price tag LMAO
    Thats your opinion.

My pump leaked after a couple week of being installed. CM says they never heard of this and gave me a new pump.
    The pump manufacturer said the end user upped the pressure and caused the seal to crack. Since then, you are the only member that the pump needed replaced. Infact, in 2,000 pumps, only 4 have been bad. You do the math.
    The 1.5G tank is the BIGGEST piece of $#@! on the planet. They have a ghetto fix which eliminates the air bubble according to them....yea it doesn't. That lil suction ghetto fix tube, moves around eventually and sucks in air either way.
    This is completely inaccurate. It does not move around. Your tank was shipped with a different fitting (1/4 inch) because at the time you ordered were out of the fittings that came with. That is why JPSlick still had issues. I worked hard to get him a fix that would work, he was nice to deal with but the 1/4 inch fitting was too big.

We are working on an integrated pickup tube for that tank, its not ready yet but over the next 2 months we hope to have it integrated.

Our new tank that will be released shortly will be the best designed tank in the industry. I look forward to your opinion.

Boost sensor looks like it belongs in isle 3 of toys r us.
    Glad you like it.

And ummmm....theres nothing left to the kit.
    If mine was defective according to you (btw terry makes money by selling these kits, keep this in mind) then they are all defective.
    You are the most unreasonable person I have ever talked to in my life. You are not an enthusiast. You are Someone who is so insecure that you crave attention anywhere you can get it.

When you make such comments about my products and my kits, its personal.

Take care.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The flow sensor has been a problem for a few but it's been a problem with Labonte and AEM kits as well. It's a weak point with all the kits. Just get a kit new with a warranty and its less of a problem. If it ever fails you send it back for a new one. Air in the lines has never been an issue for any of my customers with the pickup properly installed. And they also offer the cheaper tank like everyone else does if you prefer that. No leaks or issues with he new lines and fittings and the new nozzles are pretty slick. All in all it's a nice kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also want to point out a few things about our trunkmount tank. We were the first injection company to have a custom tank for water injection where the pump was built in. this was released in 2006. The tank still to this day offers features you will not see anywhere else. The beauty behind this tank is the 1.5 gallon capacity and fact that the pump is integrated into the tank...but also the small foot print. To this day, by a landslide the foot print is the smallest of all the high capacity tanks. It requires someone to set up correct. Had we put baffles into it the tank would be bigger and more expensive. It requires a simple set of instructions that need to be followed to make sure it primes correctly. Anytime you dont have a pump that is gravity fed, you need to have a pickup tube to make sure it stays primed. Its a fact you need the tube, its a fact if you follow the instructions you will not have any issues with it.

For those that dont want the easy to remove tank, we offer the same 1 gallon tank that all the other water injection companies carry. Install that tank above the pump and it will work identical to any other kit on the market, with zero issues.

So those are your choices now, super compact, pump + tank combo, easy to remove but set it up correct....Or 1 gallon tank you dont have to think about but lower capacity and harder to remove.

We have been working very hard on our 2.7 gallon tank and its close to being released. This is a tank that even our harshest critics will find nothing wrong from an engineering standpoint.

Since 2006 when our trunkmount tank was released, it took until 2010 for our competitors to have a trunkmount tank. Im not going to knock those tanks in anyway, but we did a few things very special that have not been done. This has been through some remarkable engineering. We took a different route and we feel its better. For example, one competitor has a 2.5 gallon trunkmount tank that is baffled and has the pump on the side. This is a fine design for a tank, however it takes up a ton of room. Because the competitors tank is 13.5 inches wide and only 8.5 inches tall, its more wide than tall so it sloshes around. Because of this, it needs baffles inside. another competitor is even larger (3 gallons). In this case the pump is on the bottom, but again even though it has a virtual sump, it needs baffles (optional). I dont like the pump underneath because heat rises. I dont want to take a chance on having a tank where pump can overheat so we did ours different. In our case, we are only about 9 inches wide. Because we go a little taller, we are gravity fed and the tank is at an angle keeping it gravity fed and the unique design keeps it from sloshing. Also, we integrated the pump so its hidden and at an angle so heat escapes, wiring is hidden inside and the optional VC2 controller is integrated as well.

Point is, every system has pluses and minuses however nothing is wrong with our 1.5 gallon trunkmount tank. Those that think there is, wait for the new 2.7 gallon we have coming out or get the standard 1 gallon.

CM

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    David, do you really want to start this? Keep in mind, posts here wont get locked and deleted when they dont run in your favor. Please respond if you want to go. If you don't respond I am just going to assume you are backing out and agreeing you had/have an inferior kit.

The pump issues is funny, first you said I was the only one, btw i never touched the pressure, and then there 4 that went bad? Must be luck. THe fittings do suck, I have ZERO issues with DO fitting and yours are a pita, jpslick has the same problems with the fittings. The tank does suck, its a simply fact that 90 percent of the poeple who buy the kit dont even check the flow or log timing, so they have NO idea if its air or not.

You are the most pathetic excuse for a vendor, maybe go back to you previous job?
    Funny how you fail to admit the kit suck, but since i started running my mouth and poeple started seeing the light, you are slowly upgrading everything....why? Did it not work right in the first place? DING DING DING

Sure sounds like you a promoting a kit as a guest vendor? Did terry go running to you and tell you about this thread? Remarkable and eng. should not be mentioned in the same sentence as coolingmist.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like usual you distort everything. I said only 1 on the N54 forums, but 4 in all of our kits. We sell to all cars, not just BMW. I have always improved my kit since day 1. Running a busines is something you will never understand. Anytime I have the opportunity to improve my parts I will. Its the way I do things. We have been improving our kits since day 1, since years before you even heard of the word Water Injection.

I dont need to hide behind any forum, everyone knows you for what you are. BTW, I dont believe you. I am sure you set the pressure too high. Someone did, it was not me. Maybe someone broke into your car and set it high.

CM

David, do you really want to start this? Keep in mind, posts here wont get locked and deleted when they dont run in your favor. Please respond if you want to go. If you don't respond I am just going to assume you are backing out and agreeing you had/have an inferior kit.

The pump issues is funny, first you said I was the only one, btw i never touched the pressure, and then there 4 that went bad? Must be luck. THe fittings do suck, I have ZERO issues with DO fitting and yours are a pita, jpslick has the same problems with the fittings. The tank does suck, its a simply fact that 90 percent of the poeple who buy the kit dont even check the flow or log timing, so they have NO idea if its air or not.

You are the most pathetic excuse for a vendor, maybe go back to you previous job?
    Funny how you fail to admit the kit suck, but since i started running my mouth and poeple started seeing the light, you are slowly upgrading everything....why? Did it not work right in the first place? DING DING DING

Sure sounds like you a promoting a kit as a guest vendor? Did terry go running to you and tell you about this thread? Remarkable and eng. should not be mentioned in the same sentence as coolingmist.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So now making a kit run without cracking/leaking/suckingair/getting nozzles to unscrew/pumps failing/flow sensor issues is "upgrading" Gotcha. Keep upgrading. Instead of remarkable eng. you should call it remarkable trial and error, paid for by customers.

This bull$#@! tank has been around for years. The "solution" just became available recently. Why is that? Maybe because people don't know wtf to look for. They have to justify their money and defend bull$#@! instead of speaking the truth. I will never understand this. I don't give "great" reviews. If i own something and don't talk about it, that means it works. If I talk about something, it usually means something is wrong with it. You just make it easy cause you actually fight back with nothing to actually say. We are always "upgrading" that got me loling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So now making a kit run without cracking/leaking/suckingair/getting nozzles to unscrew/pumps failing/flow sensor issues is "upgrading" Gotcha. Keep upgrading. Instead of remarkable eng. you should call it remarkable trial and error, paid for by customers.
    what I consider mostly upgrading is having smarter customers than you, to be honest. I cant help you if you cant help yourself.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This bull$#@! tank has been around for years. The "solution" just became available recently. Why is that?
    Funny you should mention that. I have seen Toyota have cars that stall and have to recall 1.4 million, I see 7-8 million camrys that accelerate and will not stop. I see BMWs with fuel pump problems. You know what? Thats life. Every single meth kit manufacturer has had parts that have issues. 95% of the problems with a kit are found during testing.

And yes you are correct the solution became available recently. Why is that? Once we started offering a flow sensor, we could see what was happening. Prior to the flow sensor, no one knew there was a problem. Get it now? The flow sensor tells you if a problem exists. Many people have problems with kits from all manufacturers but without a flow sensor you may never know about problems.

Once we found the issue, we resolved it. Of course thats not good enough for you.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im glad you finally admitted htat your kit has issues. On to the next step, lets get you to admit that the kit has multiple issues.

Tank design sucks: Check
    Line sucked: Check
    Nozzles sucked: Check
    Pump broke: I admit this is bad luck, never actually pushed this issues, hell its almost expect for a pump to break on a bmw. lol
    Fittings are a pits: not checked yet. I will do a comparo video next tuesday btwn my car and jpslicks car. Stay tuned for the video so we can CHECK this one off as well. I will have 3 different poeple attempt but fittings.
    Boost sensor is a joke: That a clear CHECK, all some1 has to do is compare it to somethign else. It will be clear as day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You dont like our kit, GREAT. Im not asking you to.

CM

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like things that work David. Your kit is full of flaws that being corrected thanks to people who know the $#@!en difference btwn thing. HOW the $#@! did you sell so many of these tanks for years and NOT one person realised their timing was jacked up due to air?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like things that work David. Your kit is full of flaws that being corrected thanks to people who know the $#@!en difference btwn thing. HOW the $#@! did you sell so many of these tanks for years and NOT one person realised their timing was jacked up due to air?
    In our original instructions the customer was told to turn the tank either side to side or face the tap the opposite direction. Not everyone did that. I agree 100% that the tank should have been sold with the pickup tap from day one. I cant argue with that. So the objective with the new tank is to make it idiot proof so when someone like you get it, it just works without having to put too much thought into it.

Wow your allowed profanity on this forum?

CM

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, the idiot who created the tank is calling the customer an idiot. Rightfully so I suppose, I was an idiot for showing intrest in this pos. The tank was installed right, and still sucked air, and it still sucks air with the ghetto solution you came up with. Like state, the tank is just a part of the equation. Can we discuss your other failures for a change? Id love to see your excuses for those.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol, the idiot who created the tank is calling the customer an idiot. Rightfully so I suppose, I was an idiot for showing intrest in this pos. The tank was installed right, and still sucked air, and it still sucks air with the ghetto solution you came up with. Like state, the tank is just a part of the equation. Can we discuss your other failures for a change? Id love to see your excuses for those.
    I would never call any of my customers names. You are not my customer. You are someone that just looks for trouble. Your friend sent me a PM a while back saying you say the things you say just so you can sit back and have a laugh. You get banned everywhere you go and cause trouble just for kicks.

CM

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did i buy your kit? yes or no? My friend wrote that pm because he didnt want any trouble from terry and the jb3. He learned his lesson the hardway at the track and now could careless. He showed me that pm and told me about it hte next day. I loled and here we are. Back on topic david. Can we discuss your other failures related to this kit. The tank argument is getting old.
    As for me being banned from forums. You are right, I have zero tolerance for bull$#@! vendor such as yourself. Hell I give terry crap about his bogging issues, look what happened, he banned me. SURPRISEEEE
    Ive been giving sticky $#@! daily in the race section, i doubt he will ban me because he has a simlar douchebag attitude towards things he feels pascionte about. If he does, OHHHWELLLLLL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    We have been working very hard on our 2.7 gallon tank and its close to being released. This is a tank that even our harshest critics will find nothing wrong from an engineering standpoint.
    I will be interested in this.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think he admitted there have been issues and have corrected them since. He does not seem to be sweeping anything under the rug and continues to improve his product. Isn't this what you would want?

Are you going to crucify him for past crimes forever? Some of these vendor grudges need to be let go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    Funny you should mention that. I have seen Toyota have cars that stall and have to recall 1.4 million, I see 7-8 million camrys that accelerate and will not stop. I see BMWs with fuel pump problems. You know what? Thats life. Every single meth kit manufacturer has had parts that have issues. 95% of the problems with a kit are found during testing.

And yes you are correct the solution became available recently. Why is that? Once we started offering a flow sensor, we could see what was happening. Prior to the flow sensor, no one knew there was a problem. Get it now? The flow sensor tells you if a problem exists. Many people have problems with kits from all manufacturers but without a flow sensor you may never know about problems.

Once we found the issue, we resolved it. Of course thats not good enough for you.
    This sounds reasonable enough to me. You had errors, you corrected them, I don't see the problem.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast