Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Congrats on making big power and getting the car running stronger!

Would it be possible to share better depiction of your dyno?

I would love to see you run some boosted E39s by RK Autowerks/Evolve Automotive! You seem to be making similar power to their Stage 2 kit.

Enjoy the power in safety!
    First of all, congrats OP for making the power you did.

But you had to go from a 3.8" pulley to a 3.45 pulley? I really would advise against you running the 88mm pulley on your car. The fact you are seeing 6psi leads me to believe your boost reference isnt accurate. We have seen over about 100 dynos, and to hit 500whp, an S62 is producing an honest 8-9psi of boost. So dont believe that 6psi reading, you're really making 8-9.

OR

We can really analyze the situation if you post DRF files. I ask because there is a possibility you really are making 6psi, but the dyno correction factors make it seem as if you're making 500whp. The fact you said the car is running "rich" leads me to believe that is highly possible. If you have not changed your fuel pump, then i am leaning towards this. A car running 2 pulley sizes down is running dangerously lean, not the other way around. The tune is not capable of adapting for a change that significant, and the fuel pump cannot keep up either.

-R

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Omni Click here to enlarge
    Yes, its an untouched stock motor.

I appreciate the interest guys. Funny as hell to sit down with my breakfast, pull up bimmerboost, and then see my car on the home page.
    I will keep you posted with 1/4 mile times as soon as I head up there.
    you head up there yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    DallasM5,

The 3.6" produced a peak of 7. I Had to go down to the 3.48" in order to reach a peak of 9 at redline. This pressure reading has been verified with both a dyno's pressure sensor and my own on-board gauge. Stock fuel pump. Never leaner than mid 12 afr's.

Lostmarine,
    Still haven't gone. Lots of street action though. Just picked me up a set of wheels for drag radials though. Will keep you posted.

And I will post that dyno tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the 500-mark. Think I found a home in this section for some set-up knowledge.Click here to enlarge
    There's a thin line between friends & business, always be aware of that because something can along & ruin one or the other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12