Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    It seems i don't. Well it's good, having more tuners is always better.

    OP, How's the DCT holding up so far? What TQ are you pushing to the wheels?
    The DCT was doing fine, that is until I started to use the natural LC mode, just out of curiosity, on the 31 and 32 run that knocked me back to 12.6 with a low 111 mph. I knew something was up. I let the car cool down for about 30 minutes then went back to my own LC technique and my ET and speed traps went back to normal.

    Its something about how the clutches are being applied in the initial launch. Any type of affiliated brake launching the cluthes do not like. The LC technique I use applies the cluth instantly where the brake has no direct influence other than to activate the BMW programmed LC.


    In regards to whp and wtq numbers, lets just say I am right around where Cobb Stage 2+ FMIC agressive map is doing, or perhaps better which of course I dont have DPs .....yet Click here to enlarge

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -254.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    In regards to whp and wtq numbers, lets just say I am right around where Cobb Stage 2+ FMIC agressive map is doing, or perhaps better which of course I dont have DPs .....yet Click here to enlarge
    No worries if you can't tell. The reason i ask is because i'd like to know if you passed that 450lb-ft DCT limit or not. The clutches don't like extra tq at all.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    ......I was really supprised that I did that good in such weather conitions. The second fastest N54 was an E90 runnning JB4 Map 7, DP's, DCI, FMIC, and fuel mix of E85

    Attachment 17180
    Correction on the E90 mods....He had no aftermarket FMIC and it was his first time on track.

    Sticky - can you edit that post for me ?

    Thanks

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    No worries if you can't tell. The reason i ask is because i'd like to know if you passed that 450lb-ft DCT limit or not. The clutches don't like extra tq at all.
    Not yet, but will know for sure when I get my DPs as the car will be re-tuned

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    70
    Rep Points
    135.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    The DCT was doing fine, that is until I started to use the natural LC mode, just out of curiosity, on the 31 and 32 run that knocked me back to 12.6 with a low 111 mph. I knew something was up. I let the car cool down for about 30 minutes then went back to my own LC technique and my ET and speed traps went back to normal.

    Its something about how the clutches are being applied in the initial launch. Any type of affiliated brake launching the cluthes do not like. The LC technique I use applies the cluth instantly where the brake has no direct influence other than to activate the BMW programmed LC.


    In regards to whp and wtq numbers, lets just say I am right around where Cobb Stage 2+ FMIC agressive map is doing, or perhaps better which of course I dont have DPs .....yet Click here to enlarge
    Would you mind describing your technique in detail?

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    please explain this custom LC technique..

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Points
    2,149.8
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    please explain this custom LC technique..
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I was using LC different from what I have disclosed. I was trimming the RPM immediately and not waiting till it hit 5k rpms


    When the first light on the count down starts, I hit the kick down and immediately release the gas peddle and then release brake and then pres back down on the gas peddle not going pass the kick down again. The LC will catch at 2500 RPMs. (Sound confusing I will have to show a demo instruction of how this is done)


    This is done quickly, I have practiced this over and over "in my back yard" Click here to enlargeuntil I was satisfied with it for the strip . I am so use to it now I dont even have to focus on what I am doing with the foot work.
    This is what he posted on e90 before.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    70
    Rep Points
    135.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks nafoo ! I'll have to give this a try in the 135i.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    @BuraQ
    i need a video of this..

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No

    Lightbulb Prelude to first run



    Baseline dyno will be next.....


    For those of you interested on how to take advantage of the BMW LC system, i will be revamping my previous explanations. It will be a seperate thread posted all together.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Sticky - can you edit that post for me ?
    Done.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice run! That transmission is pretty awesome with its shift time. Now you just need to break into the 11's. Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    902
    Rep Points
    783.4
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Before & After

    I forgot to get back to this thread to post the before and after dyno results. This will put those doubtful and misleading rumors thats been poping up to rest.

    Here is the final results on my project. Stock CAI w/ K&N drop in filter vs aFe Stage 2 Elite CAI (Custom sealed)

    The stock CAI w/ K&N filter was done in 86 temps and the aFe Stage 2 Elite CAI was done in 93 temps

    Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I forgot to get back to this thread to post the before and after dyno results. This will put those doubtful and misleading rumors thats been poping up to rest.
    Thanks for getting back to it with your results. Looks like solid gains to me.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    212.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Very cool. I wonder if they'll come out with an N55 version. I'd jump on that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •