Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    It seems i don't. Well it's good, having more tuners is always better.

OP, How's the DCT holding up so far? What TQ are you pushing to the wheels?
    The DCT was doing fine, that is until I started to use the natural LC mode, just out of curiosity, on the 31 and 32 run that knocked me back to 12.6 with a low 111 mph. I knew something was up. I let the car cool down for about 30 minutes then went back to my own LC technique and my ET and speed traps went back to normal.

Its something about how the clutches are being applied in the initial launch. Any type of affiliated brake launching the cluthes do not like. The LC technique I use applies the cluth instantly where the brake has no direct influence other than to activate the BMW programmed LC.

In regards to whp and wtq numbers, lets just say I am right around where Cobb Stage 2+ FMIC agressive map is doing, or perhaps better which of course I dont have DPs .....yet Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    In regards to whp and wtq numbers, lets just say I am right around where Cobb Stage 2+ FMIC agressive map is doing, or perhaps better which of course I dont have DPs .....yet Click here to enlarge
    No worries if you can't tell. The reason i ask is because i'd like to know if you passed that 450lb-ft DCT limit or not. The clutches don't like extra tq at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

......I was really supprised that I did that good in such weather conitions. The second fastest N54 was an E90 runnning JB4 Map 7, DP's, DCI, FMIC, and fuel mix of E85

Attachment 17180
    Correction on the E90 mods....He had no aftermarket FMIC and it was his first time on track.

Sticky - can you edit that post for me ?

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    No worries if you can't tell. The reason i ask is because i'd like to know if you passed that 450lb-ft DCT limit or not. The clutches don't like extra tq at all.
    Not yet, but will know for sure when I get my DPs as the car will be re-tuned

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The DCT was doing fine, that is until I started to use the natural LC mode, just out of curiosity, on the 31 and 32 run that knocked me back to 12.6 with a low 111 mph. I knew something was up. I let the car cool down for about 30 minutes then went back to my own LC technique and my ET and speed traps went back to normal.

Its something about how the clutches are being applied in the initial launch. Any type of affiliated brake launching the cluthes do not like. The LC technique I use applies the cluth instantly where the brake has no direct influence other than to activate the BMW programmed LC.

Would you mind describing your technique in detail?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

please explain this custom LC technique..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    please explain this custom LC technique..
    I was using LC different from what I have disclosed. I was trimming the RPM immediately and not waiting till it hit 5k rpms

When the first light on the count down starts, I hit the kick down and immediately release the gas peddle and then release brake and then pres back down on the gas peddle not going pass the kick down again. The LC will catch at 2500 RPMs. (Sound confusing I will have to show a demo instruction of how this is done)

This is done quickly, I have practiced this over and over "in my back yard" Click here to enlargeuntil I was satisfied with it for the strip . I am so use to it now I dont even have to focus on what I am doing with the foot work.
    This is what he posted on e90 before.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks nafoo ! I'll have to give this a try in the 135i.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

@BuraQ
    i need a video of this..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Lightbulb Prelude to first run

Baseline dyno will be next.....

For those of you interested on how to take advantage of the BMW LC system, i will be revamping my previous explanations. It will be a seperate thread posted all together.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Sticky - can you edit that post for me ?
    Done.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Nice run! That transmission is pretty awesome with its shift time. Now you just need to break into the 11's. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Before & After

I forgot to get back to this thread to post the before and after dyno results. This will put those doubtful and misleading rumors thats been poping up to rest.

Here is the final results on my project. Stock CAI w/ K&N drop in filter vs aFe Stage 2 Elite CAI (Custom sealed)

The stock CAI w/ K&N filter was done in 86 temps and the aFe Stage 2 Elite CAI was done in 93 temps

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I forgot to get back to this thread to post the before and after dyno results. This will put those doubtful and misleading rumors thats been poping up to rest.
    Thanks for getting back to it with your results. Looks like solid gains to me.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very cool. I wonder if they'll come out with an N55 version. I'd jump on that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12