Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Oh that C63 is very fast!
    Yes, a FBO C63 AMG is definitely no joke.

I also raced a 335i with FBO, JB4 + Meth @ 18 psi (same boost as me) and won with a number of car lenghts.
    Unfortunately we didn't filmed it...
    But you can get a quite good picture of the outcome by comparing those two videos as he raced against the same Volvo S40 on the same event as I did:

GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bing tom usted es visnnu v5 Click here to enlarge Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe that C63 does not have 560 hp ? Maybe the Vette's driver can't drive it properly. Or maybe the BT's car is real fast indeed.
    In my opinion, the only 5XX hp car in those movies is the Porshe 997.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I've beaten other similarly modded/boosted N54s in our white 135i by bus lengths. As I always say racing is a very detail oriented business. It must be our intercoolers... Click here to enlarge It's too bad we're so far apart I would love to run you to see how we stack up side by side.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-29-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I've beaten other similarly modded/boosted N54s in our white 135i by bus lengths. As I always say racing is a very detail oriented business. It must be our intercoolers... Click here to enlarge It's too bad we're so far apart I would love to run you to see how we stack up side by side.
    Of course it's our intercoolers! Click here to enlarge

I'm actually going to Florida this summer on vacation, but I won't bring my car and I think it's on the wrong side of the country from you... Click here to enlarge
    That's a pity cause I would love to meet you guys and have a nice chat.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes still around 3000 miles away. I was going to say you should come to CA to visit Disneyland but I guess Disneyworld in FL is better. Click here to enlarge

PS. On racing this was a run against a supercharged M3. He put in his compilation of videos that I jumped the start. I see we have the same starting style. Click here to enlarge Another V5, PWM meth, 18psi, dp, dci, race gas, 335 tied with the same M3 IIRC. But I'm sure if I went through the details on his car he could have ran almost as fast as our 135i.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes still around 3000 miles away. I was going to say you should come to CA to visit Disneyland but I guess Disneyworld in FL is better. Click here to enlarge

PS. On racing this was a run against a supercharged M3. He put in his compilation of videos that I jumped the start. I see we have the same starting style. Click here to enlarge Another V5, PWM meth, 18psi, dp, dci, race gas, 335 tied with the same M3 IIRC. But I'm sure if I went through the details on his car he could have ran almost as fast as our 135i.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1O9q...yer_embedded#!
    Yeah we're going to Disneyworld, Sea World and Univeral Studios and of course all the beaches.
    It'll be the first time in the states for us, so it'll be a lot of fun! Click here to enlarge

I totally agree with you; It's all about the details and you have to keep your car in tip top shape to be able to compete with the big guys.

BUT, I really like the PROcede boost control. Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Something definitely wrong with enrita car. Although his boost is a touch conservative. @enrita welcome to the flatline club.
    The flatline was on stage2aggr with jb4 on top. On stage3 plus jb4 it does not flatline. Maybe the maf fix? Anyway will open a separate thread for discussion about my turtle car issues. Congrats to Big Tom , his car is really fast, did a run in his car and pulled extremely strong! Revs much faster than mine which feels like the brake is on , revs slower like something is holding it back. Feels like that since the engine rebuild...
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Feels like that since the engine rebuild...
    Hmmm .... could this be a cam timing problem or ...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Feels like that since the engine rebuild
    engine.. or transmission..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    Yeah we're going to Disneyworld, Sea World and Univeral Studios and of course all the beaches.
    It'll be the first time in the states for us, so it'll be a lot of fun! Click here to enlarge

I totally agree with you; It's all about the details and you have to keep your car in tip top shape to be able to compete with the big guys.

BUT, I really like the PROcede boost control. Click here to enlarge
    The experimental G5 board will get the JB4 closer or equal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The flatline was on stage2aggr with jb4 on top. On stage3 plus jb4 it does not flatline. Maybe the maf fix? Anyway will open a separate thread for discussion about my turtle car issues. Congrats to Big Tom , his car is really fast, did a run in his car and pulled extremely strong! Revs much faster than mine which feels like the brake is on , revs slower like something is holding it back. Feels like that since the engine rebuild...
    stage3 pump flatlines all the time. Stage2+FMIC agg doesn't flatline except going into 5th. At least on my car. I actually figured out a way to stop the flatline on the linear maps, you let off throttle a touch (say drop to 75% TPS) during the shift and immediately smash after timing recovers. Maybe its throttle mapping related?

What is your ROM version? I8A0S?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    The experimental G5 board will get the JB4 closer or equal.
    Without the hardware duty cycle limit there is more flexibility to hold more boost to redline, a flat curve, etc, but on stock turbos it doesn't really make any more power. We hold all the N54 stock turbo performance records with a 15ohm hardware limiter. Now with larger turbos comes in very handy though! Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-30-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Without the hardware duty cycle limit there is more flexibility to hold more boost to redline, a flat curve, etc, but on stock turbos it doesn't really make any more power. We hold all the N54 stock turbo performance records with a 15ohm hardware limiter. Now with larger turbos comes in very handy though! Click here to enlarge
    Kinda what I meant, only piggyback solution to run 100% WGDC before the BT/G5 board was a procede.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Something is terribly wrong. Your car should make at least 50 whp more than a car with stock snails. One thing that comes to mind is how the head porting has affected the engine. The company that ported your head has no experience at all in porting N54 heads that I know of and by not having done a lot of comparing tests between stock and their porting they can very well have ruined the head. The combined result of cam timing and flow in runners is critical, and as long as dzenno's and Shiv's car makes extremely good results with stock heads I think the ports shall be left stock, until another level is looked for like dzenno is doing now from a known baseline. But I hope this is not the limiting factor in your case.

But as you say, this should be handled in a separate thread where different possibilities are analysed and how to move forward. It seem's RB's and the Vishnu single are the only combinations at the moment with excellent performance.

One thing that could cause a big difference is also how an AT pulls from 50 km/h vs. MT. In case the MT provides more punch at this speed it is difficult to catch up down the strip. It is also a delicate balance to find the right boost vs. good timing, slightly less is more in many cases regarding boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually I did some VBOX testing and found my 135i was just as fast or slightly faster starting in 3rd @ 50mph. Running map 3 w/ a 65 additive (targeting 19psi peak, 17psi down low) it will produce around 480wtq @ 3200rpm and gets going quickly. But starting in 2nd @ 40mph isn't much slower and if you're not running a lot of boost down low is probably the way to start for autos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The air field event pulls starts from about 30mph, do you know how AT and MT compares at this speed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    engine.. or transmission..?
    Engine
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Should post these in the race/kill section. Pretty much guaranteed to get a nice debate going. Nice runs!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    The air field event pulls starts from about 30mph, do you know how AT and MT compares at this speed?
    I would have to speculate. I think that is fairly high in 2nd for the auto, middle of 2nd for the manual. Which might favor the manual slightly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When I do 40 roll-ons the tach is around 4300 in 2nd on my auto.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would have to speculate. I think that is fairly high in 2nd for the auto, middle of 2nd for the manual. Which might favor the manual slightly.
    If so it can explain why the MT jumps better at a rolling start from 50 km/h. I've been in Enrita's car several times when he makes a full dig from zero. The initial grip and acceleration is simply amazing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    It'll be the first time in the states for us, so it'll be a lot of fun!
    You'll enjoy the parks very much. I used to live near them. If you need any info about Florida stuff feel free to pm me.

Oh, and nice runs. Your car seems to be very healthy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Big Tom was that M3 dct or 6mt?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    @Big Tom was that M3 dct or 6mt?
    6MT with shortshift.