Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are using nitrous, and it looked like they made 520whp.

Edit: They also used PS instead of HP.

Off the top of my head, 520PS is about 510whp. Pretty good numbers, but for upgraded turbos and nitrous it isnt that amazing.
    Last edited by Forcefed; 04-26-2012 at 01:52 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    also, 4000 rpm spool? this is a twin kit right?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    They are using nitrous, and it looked like they made 520whp.

Edit: They also used PS instead of HP.

Off the top of my head, 520PS is about 510whp. Pretty good numbers, but for upgraded turbos and nitrous it isnt that amazing.
    PS is the same as bhp or hp at the crank.

With 15% drivetrain loss, 520whp would equal 520/0.85= 611 bhp.

However european tuners generally give crank hp numbers, as whp are more for enthusiasts and not comparable between different dynos.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is the only picture they currently have of it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    This is the only picture they currently have of it.

Click here to enlarge
    Looks like they machined the compressor housing for a bigger wheel but did nothing on the exhaust side. They might gain 20 whp if that from the turbos alone. No wastegate upgrade either it seems.

Some bootlegger tried to copy @Rob@RBTurbo turbos and failed. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This CS stuff is pretty laughable...i know Rob sent some RBs down to that area of the World, they might be trying to copy it...in any case, that wheel from the looks of it is just a cleanup of the stock wheel Click here to enlarge

By the way, that comparison photo is showing the turbine wheels, not compressor

They're hinting at a stage "2" after this...if that ever comes around that may be interesting but so far this is just some kind of a copycat
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    This CS stuff is pretty laughable...i know Rob sent some RBs down to that area of the World, they might be trying to copy it...in any case, that wheel from the looks of it is just a cleanup of the stock wheel Click here to enlarge

They're hinting at a stage "2" after this...if that ever comes around that may be interesting but so far this is just some kind of a copycat
    yup. and honestly any company who puts out a kit that doesn't upgrade the turbine has no idea of engine dynamics or turbo engineering. the compressor is already too large for the turbine. keeping the stock turbine, clipped or not, and only changing the comp wheel is so silly to do on the n54 its a joke. have you seen the dyno graphs? they all end at like 5500 lol, that or if they push to near redline you'll see the ridiculous drop in power (by you i don't mean you dz, you prolly know all this, this is to people looking to buy an alternative kit but don't know the scoop). anyway even if they make a stage 2 kit with an upgraded turbine i highly doubt it will outperform the current options on the market.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ummm....I wouldn't knock these guys. Here's one of their posts from e90:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335iTAIWAN Click here to enlarge
    For the up coming StageII....we rebuilded the engine and the transmission few months ago.... here we go !
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

MORE DETAILS PLEASE
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, they put in new pistons and rods, looks like CP pistons and carillo rods...they are pretty serious in that respect BUT why? Click here to enlarge That's what I want to see...those pics are not showing anything special about those turbos other than larger compressor wheels...turbine wheel, side by side with stock looks the same...

i'm not knocking anything, just looking to find out more I guess...@nafoo, invite the guy over here
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I sent him a PM. His English isn't the greatest, but I think we can get some good information out of him.

Is it just me or do those turbos look a lot bigger in that bottom picture?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stock housing turbos, just the picture is deceiving...they're placed in a small box so you get a size effect
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha, those guys want $4000 for those turbos. I don't think Rob Beck is losing any sleep. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those turbos just look like new OEM ones. The turbine is untouched completley.

The compressor, comparing to the EPL units I did, is smaller. If they claim its not OEM, then its a small size upgrade from stock, but less than EPLs wheel. AKA a worthless mod.

The only way you change the turbine is you have to physically cut the turbine housing as RB does, and weld it back together. This allows you to bore it out on center.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@AUTOCouture Click here to enlarge
    Those turbos just look like new OEM ones. The turbine is untouched completley.

The compressor, comparing to the EPL units I did, is smaller. If they claim its not OEM, then its a small size upgrade from stock, but less than EPLs wheel. AKA a worthless mod.

The only way you change the turbine is you have to physically cut the turbine housing as RB does, and weld it back together. This allows you to bore it out on center.
    The compressor is definitely larger than stock, when you look at the compressor housing it's clear they were machined a la RBs to fit it. The turbine side is where they did little to nothing and that will mean those things won't make crap for power... Not to mention there is nothing indicating a wastegate upgrade was performed so they may not hold big boost up top like RBs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sleep? What's that?!! Lol.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Haha, those guys want $4000 for those turbos. I don't think Rob Beck is losing any sleep. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Where are they located?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, they put in new pistons and rods, looks like CP pistons and carillo rods...they are pretty serious in that respect BUT why? Click here to enlarge That's what I want to see...those pics are not showing anything special about those turbos other than larger compressor wheels...turbine wheel, side by side with stock looks the same...i'm not knocking anything, just looking to find out more I guess...@nafoo, invite the guy over here
    They need to have a strong engine since upgrading compressor only will stress the engine big time. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They also claim to have rebuilt the AT. Props for getting things done right, with the rebuilt engine too!

These turbos seem to be a stage 1. So stage 2 will probably comparable to RBs. But unfortunately the price is already over the top now.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Where are they located?
    Taiwan
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Back and forth, I think I am getting sea sick!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Taiwan
    I am very leery of these types of upgrades from Asia or the Middle East.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I am very leery of these types of upgrades from Asia or the Middle East.
    Those turbos are like 30% of the work put into a set of RB turbos but cost $1000 more. I don't see the reason why anyone would choose these over the other full upgrade twins? If they were like $1500 with a significantly larger turbine, yeah maybe they'll get some sales, but at $4000 + $600 core charge + shipping from Taiwan?

Like I told Rob Beck, I may as well resell his turbos for a $1000 markup as "brand new design" if any idiot actually buys these. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Those turbos are like 30% of the work put into a set of RB turbos but cost $1000 more. I don't see the reason why anyone would choose these over the other full upgrade twins? If they were like $1500 with a significantly larger turbine, yeah maybe they'll get some sales, but at $4000 + $600 core charge + shipping from Taiwan?

Like I told Rob Beck, I may as well resell his turbos for a $1000 markup as "brand new design" if any idiot actually buys these. Click here to enlarge
    I really don't think these are going to be popular at all with USA customers. It's another option but as you stated, there are better ones.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've tried 2 units of turbo in my car, a wolf and rb has been, since I have cobb my car is a beast.Click here to enlarge

rb is a unit of high quality and updating of wastwest is a 100%recommend acierto.yo rob rb apart is a great guy and very professional
    Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]