Close

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure it will do better on a proper surface.

I'm oblivious to all the Shiv hate here. My only experience with him was that he tuned my buddy's VF30 02 WRX in NJ and did a very nice job. Seems like there is a lot of history here though. ; )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv:

A 700whp 335 with full supporting mods (JRZ suspension, quaife LSD, DSS axles, m3 bits/bushings and wheels/tires is a whole lot more fun to drive than a GTR. There is something very entertaining about a mega-powered RWD car that also happens to seat 4-5 people, is quiet and actually comfortable.
    Click here to enlarge Dont get me wrong, the 335 is a great car but I would rather drive a GTR everyday of the week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    Shiv:

Click here to enlarge Dont get me wrong, the 335 is a great car but I would rather drive a GTR everyday of the week.
    despite having an unboosted bimmer I follow the n54 scene quite a bit (perhaps I'll have one shortly) and if I'm not mistaken there hasn't been a 335 to dyno at 700whp or over yet has there been? I believe his 'record' is 62x isn't it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Isnt meth 99 octane? Why else would he use it unless he was running out of fuel?
    According to Wikipedia its 108 RON.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    despite having an unboosted bimmer I follow the n54 scene quite a bit (perhaps I'll have one shortly) and if I'm not mistaken there hasn't been a 335 to dyno at 700whp or over yet has there been? I believe his 'record' is 62x isn't it?
    Correct, but Shiv has eluded numerous times that the Edmunds' dynos are up there.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    108.7RON and 88.7MON which is 98AKI. I beleive AKI is another term for pump octane rating.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

108.7RON and 88.7MON which is 98AKI. I beleive AKI is another term for pump octane rating.

From Wiki:
    "Anti-Knock Index (AKI)

In most countries, including Australia and all of those in Europe, the "headline" octane rating shown on the pump is the RON, but in Canada, the United States and some other countries, like Brazil, the headline number is the average of the RON and the MON, called the Anti-Knock Index (AKI, and often written on pumps as (R+M)/2). It may also sometimes be called the Pump Octane Number (PON)."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xearom3 Click here to enlarge
    From Wiki:
    "Anti-Knock Index (AKI)

In most countries, including Australia and all of those in Europe, the "headline" octane rating shown on the pump is the RON, but in Canada, the United States and some other countries, like Brazil, the headline number is the average of the RON and the MON, called the Anti-Knock Index (AKI, and often written on pumps as (R+M)/2). It may also sometimes be called the Pump Octane Number (PON)."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
    Sounds like its 98 Octane then. So I guess that brings us back to @Tzu 's question. Why run meth with 100 octane fuel? Need the extra fuel or is it IAT supression?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    My favorite part is the "required" and "proprietary" JRZ suspension kit that he is now selling. That kit will run close to $5k. All this for a kit that in the very best circumstances may slightly edge out an equally prepared RB car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Meth helps cool the air and if the stock fuel system cant supply fuel its a good bandaid for adding extra fuel which is what we are all alluding to. I have lots of experience testing meth injection, and you dont need more than about 700-800 ml/min to cool even the hottest air down back to ambient. The fact hes using that much meth means he needs fuel.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doyle Click here to enlarge
    My favorite part is the "required" and "proprietary" JRZ suspension kit that he is now selling. That kit will run close to $5k. All this for a kit that in the very best circumstances may slightly edge out an equally prepared RB car.
    Click here to enlarge you're definitely onto something there heh

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shiv
    A 700whp 335 with full supporting mods (JRZ suspension, quaife LSD, DSS axles, m3 bits/bushings and wheels/tires is a whole lot more fun to drive than a GTR. There is something very entertaining about a mega-powered RWD car that also happens to seat 4-5 people, is quiet and actually comfortable.
    "mega-powered" RWD car? LOL holy $#@!, he'll sell a ton of those kits now to the sheep on e90post
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Meth helps cool the air and if the stock fuel system cant supply fuel its a good bandaid for adding extra fuel which is what we are all alluding to. I have lots of experience testing meth injection, and you dont need more than about 700-800 ml/min to cool even the hottest air down back to ambient. The fact hes using that much meth means he needs fuel.
    His singles should be running a LOT cooler than stock or RB cars...he doesn't need anywhere close to the meth/water volume to cool the air charge as the stockers/hybrids do...he's using it all for fueling
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    His singles should be running a LOT cooler than stock or RB cars...he doesn't need anywhere close to the meth/water volume to cool the air charge as the stockers/hybrids do...he's using it all for fueling
    this.... 4x1mm jets ? thats definetely fueling.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that is the case then the tuning is not sorted out and it is relying on external fuel injection. This is dangerous and can lead to a blown motor, it is an unreliable form of tuning fuel.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder if this car is running the "base flash" and if not, that may explain the amounts of meth. Although I havn't read anything on the success of the vishnu base flash. I havnt seen any public volume comnparison I mean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

measly and marginal performance for 100-200whp above what everyone has.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some talk the talk, and when it comes to walking they suck balls big time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey DBFIU, I consider you an expert on meth/water injection. Do you really think IATs can be accurately measured? Isn’t there a wet bulb effect that shows a colder temp that would be fairly steady with various meth volumes? Do you think all the meth is vaporizing before the IAT sensor… I guess it would mainly depend on atomized droplet size. Not related to the current discussion… just curiosity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If that is the case then the tuning is not sorted out and it is relying on external fuel injection. This is dangerous and can lead to a blown motor, it is an unreliable form of tuning fuel.

What he said. We knew a long time ago that something is not adding up when his Part 3 of the fueling system upgrade "research" (more likely a huge cock-up) was never released to the public. THAT should have been the dead giveaway that he is struggling for fueling.

Now he has "given" individual timing for cylinders. Bwhahaha. He sure as hell needs it if he is using meth for fueling.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Hey DBFIU, I consider you an expert on meth/water injection. Do you really think IATs can be accurately measured? Isn’t there a wet bulb effect that shows a colder temp that would be fairly steady with various meth volumes? Do you think all the meth is vaporizing before the IAT sensor… I guess it would mainly depend on atomized droplet size. Not related to the current discussion… just curiosity.
    I measured IATs using my PLX probe and I noticed the wet bulb effect when I injected meth close to the sensor.

To tell you the truth there are lots of variables that will cause the wet bulb effect, which you are correct will throw off true IAT readings.

The temperature of the air, the time the meth was exposed to the air (indirectly a result of the air speed), the meth/water mixture. More water in the mixture will have a tendency to cause wet bulb readings. I always ran 100% methanol and my injection took place before the compressors, I have done a lot of research on gaseous methanol suspension and I was no able to conclude at what air/meth mixture and temperature the methanol will fall out of suspension and cause wet bulb readings. So I took the safe route and my PLX sensor was very far away from my meth nozzles. The meth nozzles were in my filters, the PLX sensor was in my chargepipe.

As far as measuring true air temperature accurately. The best way to do this is to recess your IAT sensor, the PLX probe sticks into the flow about 1/2". This causes the air to form a stangnation point right on the front surface of the probe tube. This stagnation point is what causes the wet bulb reading. So maybe if one could recess the probe out of the flow and let only the swirled flow which backs up into the recessed cavity, hit the probe, you can get a better reading with less impact from condensation.

I forgot to add something.

The droplet size, has a direct impact on the time it takes for total evaporation of the liquid to occur. When the meth is injected into the air stream, the bigger each droplet, the longer it will take to evaporate. We all know this, which is why Coolingmist came out with their new stainless nozzles which are quite good I might add.

So that is another variable, we dont really know the initial droplet size coming out of the nozzles. That is hard to measure, you need a high speed camera and special equipment to do this.
    Last edited by DBFIU; 04-25-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

bottom line, he can't fuel that setup without a $#@! ton of meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And yet, there are people lining up for this kit, blows my mind....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

11 out of 11 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Don't have time to read this entire thread, so I will just drop these comments and run.

-Watching the video the other day shows that the driver was having a very hard time getting an ideal launch
    -You can see by the tire tracks that the car is getting wheelhop
    -This is a bull$#@! track with no prep
    -None of this explains the lower than expected traps
    -Maybe elevation and DA's explain the low traps???
    -This turbo kit should have some serious potential
    -But seriously, what happened to the traps
    -Overall, I like the design of this kit given the space constraints and O2 sensor requirements
    -6AT single turbo will own (no offense 6MT guys)
    -Previous comment only applies if the 6AT holds together
    -I want to see what this thing dyno at Radical Racing for reference (same dyno LM used, literally 1/2 mile from Atco where LM ran)
    -I will never give in to boneless wings
    -What happened to the traps

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ would rep if I could. Even spinning to hell, the traps should be higher with the weight reduction+ extra hp. We have seen what 125-126 traps on full weight RBs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Don't have time to read this entire thread, so I will just drop these comments and run.

-Watching the video the other day shows that the driver was having a very hard time getting an ideal launch
    -You can see by the tire tracks that the car is getting wheelhop
    -This is a bull$#@! track with no prep
    -None of this explains the lower than expected traps
    -Maybe elevation and DA's explain the low traps???
    -This turbo kit should have some serious potential
    -But seriously, what happened to the traps
    -Overall, I like the design of this kit given the space constraints and O2 sensor requirements
    -6AT single turbo will own (no offense 6MT guys)
    -Previous comment only applies if the 6AT holds together
    -I want to see what this thing dyno at Radical Racing for reference (same dyno LM used, literally 1/2 mile from Atco where LM ran)
    -I will never give in to boneless wings
    -What happened to the traps
    repped
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast