Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Impressive results, looking forward to more information. Thanks for sharing ASR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think this thing did a ten-second 60-130. Wasn't it Hotrod's N54 that did a six-second 60-130?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by smacky Click here to enlarge
    I don't think this thing did a ten-second 60-130. Wasn't it Hotrod's N54 that did a six-second 60-130?
    Something like that.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6.95 i think is hotrods time
    Last edited by blk135; 06-25-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blk135 Click here to enlarge
    6.95 i think is hotroads time
    Yes, it is in our 60-130 list.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hey Abid, Im going to be in the market soon for a set of upgraded twins, but I havent heard too much about this product which is a little strange to me considering its been out for some time now. I dont live to far from your shop, and I would love to head down there one day and check you guys out. Ive seen the videos and the dynos and they are very impressive..Im just wondering why not too many people have decided to go this route when there clearly is a maket for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

my reasoning is because the tunes gave so much hp over stock, and can be had for x price, people couldnt imagine paying multi-thousands for a properly built and tested turbo kit, when it provided near the same gains in terms of peak number gain (hp and torque, under the curve, people sometimes overlook)... and then nitrous came out, so stock turbos can compete with upgraded turbos peak numbers, but as the mile event showed there was a 25mph discrepancy between the asr car and a stock turbo x35 on nitrous. my theory is that people thought they were getting a BMW tax and said the price was too high.

here's another point of interest while i think of it. rob beck retails his kit at 4grand, but had intro pricing at 2799 or something right? what does that tell you. imo that price difference is a little much in terms of business strategy. it tells the customer too much about what the kit really costs.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

you can question anything, unless its a controlled test.. like AFR's, actual PSI, and then i would just hate to spend $5k on turbos then have WG rattle issues
    Last edited by LostMarine; 06-25-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    ...here's another point of interest while i think of it. rob beck retails his kit at 4grand, but had intro pricing at 2799 or something right? what does that tell you. imo that price difference is a little much in terms of business strategy. it tells the customer too much about what the kit really costs.
    Thats an interesting point you bring up however, I thought retail price was around $3500. I may be wrong, but either way still a good point. The only thing that makes me think twice about this setup is the fact that it was developed for a procede tune right? So does that mean I have to use a procede with these twins?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not to get off topic but rob even stated he would never sell the turbos at retail and that they would always be priced at 2799 unless parts went up in price. Now ASR's turbos do look nice but I am sure they have a large cushion on price point. At the time they could get away with it because there was no other compitition now that there is competition the price should come down. At least I hope it comes down because I would like to get a set but can't justify the price difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you can question anything, unless its a controlled test.. like AFR's, actual PSI, and then i would just hate to spend $5k on turbos then have WG rattle issues
    the WG issue is addressed on the turbo upgrades, the wastegates are reinforced i believe, although i never had a rattle issue to begin with on my stockers.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fast4door Click here to enlarge
    Thats an interesting point you bring up however, I thought retail price was around $3500. I may be wrong, but either way still a good point. The only thing that makes me think twice about this setup is the fact that it was developed for a procede tune right? So does that mean I have to use a procede with these twins?
    well honestly, imo you could run any unit. jb3, cp-e or procede or other. as long as it has great control over the engine parameters which each do. and all the safety nets are in place of course.

Not to get off topic but rob even stated he would never sell the turbos at retail and that they would always be priced at 2799 unless parts went up in price. Now ASR's turbos do look nice but I am sure they have a large cushion on price point. At the time they could get away with it because there was no other competition now that there is competition the price should come down. At least I hope it comes down because I would like to get a set but can't justify the price difference.
    didnt hear that one but ill take your word for it. sure, everyone and everything's a business, there is probably some cushion. the materials used in the turbo kits are of different grade tho imo. the td-04 is very old school. its 90's technology, wait you're right, we shouldnt get off topic. ill leave that discussion for the right thread.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    my reasoning is because the tunes gave so much hp over stock, and can be had for x price, people couldnt imagine paying multi-thousands for a properly built and tested turbo kit, when it provided near the same gains in terms of peak number gain (hp and torque, under the curve, people sometimes overlook)... and then nitrous came out, so stock turbos can compete with upgraded turbos peak numbers, but as the mile event showed there was a 25mph discrepancy between the asr car and a stock turbo x35 on nitrous. my theory is that people thought they were getting a BMW tax and said the price was too high.

here's another point of interest while i think of it. rob beck retails his kit at 4grand, but had intro pricing at 2799 or something right? what does that tell you. imo that price difference is a little much in terms of business strategy. it tells the customer too much about what the kit really costs.
    It does tel the customer too much about what it really costs but it seems he is trying to mitigate people asking for money off so he can just point to the MSRP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Not to get off topic but rob even stated he would never sell the turbos at retail and that they would always be priced at 2799 unless parts went up in price. Now ASR's turbos do look nice but I am sure they have a large cushion on price point. At the time they could get away with it because there was no other compitition now that there is competition the price should come down. At least I hope it comes down because I would like to get a set but can't justify the price difference.
    You are basing this cushion on the cushion RB artificially gave himself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You are basing this cushion on the cushion RB artificially gave himself.
    Not saying its the same cushion just say I am sure they have a good sized one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123