Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Took a ride in ASR's 135i

im posting this here also on ASR's request:

here's an in-car video i took today of the ASR 1-series. the acceleration in 2nd 3rd and 4th is just unbelievable, someone put it right when they said every gear feels 1 lower Click here to enlarge

in the first video, the car was still warming up so i was trying to get the awesome sounds the car makes with normal acceleration, the $#@!ty camera i have doesnt have the microphone to do it justice of course but for the people who will never get a chance to ride in one it may be beneficial.

in the second video the car is all warmed up, 1.1 bar of boost on straight 93 pump gas (no meth). what a ride, i cannot wait to have them... ETA of end of this month Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who is the driver and passenger in the second video?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    abid drove and I was the passenger, I honestly thought that was clear by the title of the thread Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    abid drove and I was the passenger, I honestly thought that was clear by the title of the thread Click here to enlarge
    I just wasn't sure if he let you take it for a spin or what.

Car seems pretty quick based on your reaction Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you can say that again, i guess im just used to slowly dying power after 5krevs lol... increasing power after 5k to redline is a new thing to me on the n54 LOL

edit: also the 1 still doesnt have a proper LSD. when i get them, i hope to have better traction in 2nd Click here to enlarge also worth mentioning its only going to get faster at the high revs with the addition of w/m and race gas for ignition timing. i probably wont initially dyno with racegas but we'll play it by ear... stay tuned Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 06-16-2010 at 11:29 AM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice Click here to enlarge he says 1.1bar so 16psi..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so, i kinda "guesstimated" the 60-130 time, and it still clocks in about over 11 seconds.. hard to actually test since you moved the camera away at about 95mph and then returned it at about 115mph, but it still took that long 10 sec. to get to 115 Click here to enlarge

if the car is up and running, and you could go for a ride in it, why are they disclosing all the wanted info? not knocking you, your justthe passenger, just saying....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so, i kinda "guesstimated" the 60-130 time, and it still clocks in about over 11 seconds.. hard to actually test since you moved the camera away at about 95mph and then returned it at about 115mph, but it still took that long 10 sec. to get to 115 Click here to enlarge

if the car is up and running, and you could go for a ride in it, why are they disclosing all the wanted info? not knocking you, your justthe passenger, just saying....
    A guesstimate like that isn't accurate at all and this isn't going to be an 11 second 60-130 car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOl.. then lets have them show me differently Click here to enlarge

Rumor mill is up and running today

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Well the mile numbers were pretty strong wouldn't you say?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Seriously, are you kidding? We really don't need to show you differently since your assumption is ridiculously based on poor calculations from watching a video. I guess everyone here is to assume that from now on whoever doesn't have a V-Box, Lost Marine would be more than willing to sit passenger side to provide 60-130 times with his highly sophisticated digital stop watch. We have nothing to hide and have disclosed all information collected. Show us any other N54 make 10 back to back standing 1 mile runs passes @ 180mph, supported by Tag Heuer timing equipment that is used at the Texas Mile. We're not saying it can't be done, but as of right now no one has even come close. The closest 3 series to beat our MPH by 2mph during a standing mile was a gutted out supercharged V8 M3 Purpose built race car with roll cage. Hardly a fair comparison. By your calculations we probably only ran 150mph, right? Maybe the Texas Mile guys need to give you a call to show them how it's done. Please do us all a favor, and provide factual data rather than poor methodology and assumptions to support your claims. Claims like this are just plain laughable!
    Last edited by Abid@ASR; 06-16-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abid@ASR Click here to enlarge
    Seriously, are you kidding? We really don't need to show you differently since your assumption is ridiculously based on poor calculations from watching a video. I guess everyone here is to assume that from now on whoever doesn't have a V-Box, Lost Marine would be more than willing to sit passenger side to provide 60-130 times with his highly sophisticated digital stop watch. We have nothing to hide and have disclosed all information collected. Show us any other N54 make 10 back to back standing 1 mile runs passes @ 180mph, supported by Tag Heuer timing equipment that is used at the Texas Mile. We're not saying it can't be done, but as of right now no one has even come close. The closest 3 series to beat our MPH by 2mph during a standing mile was a gutted out supercharged V8 M3 Purpose built race car with roll cage. Hardly a fair comparison. By your calculations we probably only ran 150mph, right? Maybe the Texas Mile guys need to give you a call to show them how it's done. Please do us all a favor, and provide factual data rather than poor methodology and assumptions to support your claims. Claims like this are just plain laughable!
    These are all good points but calling that M3 a purpose built race car is kind of demeaning to purpose built racecars Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lucky
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    abid were the texas mile numbers with the old compressor wheels or the upgraded ones. Also when will you be able to show dynos on the newer turbos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blk135 Click here to enlarge
    abid were the texas mile numbers with the old compressor wheels or the upgraded ones. Also when will you be able to show dynos on the newer turbos?
    +1, same question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i actually asked abid nearly the same question on my visit to ASR. from what i can remember (the drive kinda took most my attention and memory) he told me that in order for the upgraded comp wheel to work, the manifold and backplate need to be machined out even thinner around the edges. that the metallurgical properties when machined thin enough dont give the reliability of the width they are now. the mile numbers were on the original comp wheel i believe, the ASR 1 may even still have the prototype set from over 2 years ago, still kicking Click here to enlarge. and fyi, i will be getting the original diameter comp wheel and turbine. but abid, correct me if im wrong anywhere, you know much better than i.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    These are all good points but calling that M3 a purpose built race car is kind of demeaning to purpose built racecars Click here to enlarge
    That was not my intention. I was just merely explaining that a V8 M3 with RD Sport Built Stroker and ESS Supercharger is not in the same category as our stock engine 6 cylinder 135, and therefore can not be compared to it. There is nothing wrong with a purpose built race car going 180+ mph in the standing mile. As a matter of fact, I applaud them since it is not an easy task!
    Last edited by Abid@ASR; 06-17-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blk135 Click here to enlarge
    We ran the 135i at the topgunrun.com event, not the Texas Mile. I was using the Texas Mile event as an example since they also lease the Tag Heuer timing equipment from the same company as Top Gun Run does. We were using the same turbo setup that we originally built the car with over a year and a half ago. The newer larger compressor wheels require quite a bit more work to adapt them to the stock compressor cover safely. We are currently working on a new backing plate and will have to modify the compressor cover even further on the backplate side to get it to work properly. This process is quite time consuming and needs to be beta tested before we feel comfortable releasing it. Although, we have done some further modifications to the turbine side of our original setup that will increase the efficiency of the CHRA by an average of 2-3% across the powerband. It doesn't sound like much, but when you're configuring that into a 500+whp car we feel it's pretty significant.
    Last edited by Abid@ASR; 06-17-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abid@ASR Click here to enlarge
    yea, good point, i mean becuase we are all dying to compare standing mile runs.. i mean, that shows us so much more than the usual 1/4 mile and 60-130 runs we are used to comparing against eaachother... so silly of me to want to see the USUAL stuff. i forgot its only been a year or 2 now since you "released" these so i guess i just need to calm down and take things slow, you need to find the time to go out and test..

laughable..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, good point, i mean becuase we are all dying to compare standing mile runs.. i mean, that shows us so much more than the usual 1/4 mile and 60-130 runs we are used to comparing against eaachother... so silly of me to want to see the USUAL stuff. i forgot its only been a year or 2 now since you "released" these so i guess i just need to calm down and take things slow, you need to find the time to go out and test..

laughable..
    Actually, yes standing 1 mile runs do tell quite a bit more about the vehicles potential over 1/4 mile runs. Ask anyone else in the industry who's educated enough on the subject to know the difference, and that's the same answer you'll get time and time again. 1/4 mile figures are great, but have way too many variables involved to put so much emphasis on just that 1 method of testing. A 400hp Mustang with a 9" rear is capable of 10 second passes at 115mph with DR's. Does that make it a fast street car? How well will that car do on the street against a high 11 second car that does 125+ mph? Just because you may think that you and others on the forums are more familiar with your form of testing, doesn't make it a superior form of testing. 1 mile runs put an abundantly high amont of load and stress on the engine, really putting its reliablity and hp to the test. Do you even know how important the first 1/2 mile is and how much speed you have to pick up to be able to hit 180mph at the back half? This is a subject you're obviously not very familiar with. Apparently all our dyno sheets, standing 1 mile results, head to head race videos with 10 second 132mph cars, is not enough to prove our product and it's potential. Lets not forget the cars we repeatedly beat in the standing mile Porsche Carrera GT, Heffner TT Audi R8, Saleen S7 just to name a few. If those results are not enough to prove to you what this product is capable of, than you should do your homework on the subject matter before passing judgement and making claims based on pompous digital stopwatch methods. Yeah, that's a form of testing we're all familiar with, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well...

I like boobies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Well...

I like boobies.
    Finally, something we can all agree on!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well...

I like boobies.
    +1
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If only this thread were NWS...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well...

I like boobies.
    +2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast