Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 347
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    good question honestly. nothing really, i guess. i'm just upset at the recent attitude, i would put it, of some of the members here. it almost seems as though quite recently, anything pro shiv gets a party of negative reps attached and that's just not right. as an example other than myself, bryce definitely deserved some of the negative rep he received, that's for sure. his attitude in some posts he responded to was plain childish. but bryce got bombarded by negative rep, more than what he deserved imo (meaning on posts that didn't deserve it but he got it). so now it seems people are jumping on this bandwagon of negging pro-shiv comments and its not right, do you not agree? i mean you of all people have a legitimate reason to hate him, but yet you did not neg me, so who did, and why?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    i know what you're saying and to a point i don't disagree there BUT at the same time you need to realize some things..dude, a lot of people are just fed up with his bull$#@! man, all the time, he doesn't give up! So naturally some people will just form a general negative opinion on anything and everything Shiv related...he's just a shady businessman...i don't think forming that general opinion is right nor is neg repping anyone who mentions Shiv BUT read again how he's being mentioned on THIS board...myself i will still give respect to him and anyone where its deserved (e.g. single turbo setup and all work he's done on the n54 ever) but will always also call out BS on stuff that's obviously got issues while its being presented otherwise...in many cases, even being presented as a great feature Click here to enlarge however, as lucky as this community has been/is to have him, over time, we've also come to learn his negatives which sadly for many outweigh his great talent...some don't care, just want to run their car and return it on a lease in a year, i sure am not in that bunch..shiv for me is like non-fair trade coffee

    anyways, in the end, i'm not pushing anyone against him or at least not trying to, ever...i've always just presented things that work or that don't work and have done so without any bias whatsoever as its money FROM my pocket, not INTO my pocket...

    cheers...hope this thread dies soon
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,063
    Rep Points
    2,784.8
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Is there a way to see who negged repped? I would assume not.

    Not sure why you where negged, but to me it seems as if you (oddjob)always come to his rescue and some peeps may not like that. I don't mind it and no I did not neg you for it. Let him defend himself, maybe if people stop sticking up for him he'll pay the vendor fee and we will hear more from him on this board.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    if that truly is the case sticky, can you of all people tell me what in that recent post of mine merits now 4 negative reps. i never expected a positive rep, but to receive so many negative reps tells me there is a strong bias and favoritism. either that or anything involving shiv/vishnu's name with a positive attitude/comment will be negged by this same party. the straight truth sticky is anyone sticking up for shiv will be blasted by negative rep by i know a few members here. members who DO indeed have a vendetta against the man, not the company. and it now seems, anyone saying anything positive about him will be blasted just as so.
    maybe re-read it, if multiple people dislike what you said, that should be an indicator. its not like someone or everyone is negging anyone into time-out..

    more people should use it. i just got my first neg in a looooooong time the other day for calling BS, eh, it lets me know how strongly someone disagree's..

    he gotattacked because he was trying to circumvent the rules. would it be more justified to ban him alltogether? no, because it hurts more when your not banned, and just cant post for sometime..

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    I got negative reped a bunch of times too...its all good, just shows someone strongly disagrees
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    if that truly is the case sticky, can you of all people tell me what in that recent post of mine merits now 4 negative reps. i never expected a positive rep, but to receive so many negative reps tells me there is a strong bias and favoritism. either that or anything involving shiv/vishnu's name with a positive attitude/comment will be negged by this same party. the straight truth sticky is anyone sticking up for shiv will be blasted by negative rep by i know a few members here. members who DO indeed have a vendetta against the man, not the company. and it now seems, anyone saying anything positive about him will be blasted just as so.
    What people choose to do with their rep is their business. I can't read their minds.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky can we move this thread over to the off topic section?
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    ...myself i will still give respect to him and anyone where its deserved (e.g. single turbo setup and all work he's done on the n54 ever) but will always also call out BS on stuff that's obviously got issues while its being presented otherwise...in many cases, even being presented as a great feature
    well said and i would- and do the same. i hate bs info and cover-ups, they're lame and they don't help anyone push the platform further. i strive for the truth always and in doing so you never have doubts or worry about the past.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    cheers...hope this thread dies soon
    me too and thanks. i hope to see more n54 tech from shiv and will share it when available.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Is there a way to see who negged repped? I would assume not.

    Not sure why you where negged, but to me it seems as if you (oddjob)always come to his rescue and some peeps may not like that. I don't mind it and no I did not neg you for it. Let him defend himself, maybe if people stop sticking up for him he'll pay the vendor fee and we will hear more from him on this board.
    unfortunately, only sticky can see who rep'd who.. i think i remember him saying that a while back. and that could possibly be true, i guess i'll let him defend himself if he chooses to. its not like many shiv threads pop up here, but when they do, they're heated.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its not like someone or everyone is negging anyone into time-out..
    it certainly feels that way, but you never know.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky can we move this thread over to the off topic section?
    good call.
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 04-21-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    225
    Rep Points
    173.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    For those who support cheap shiv, pay the 400$ on his behalf and make him a sponsor.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,641
    Rep Points
    2,166.9
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why would anyone want to PAY to have Shiv post here. If Vishnu is doing so well, he should pay to play over here. I'm thinking the only reason he doesn't is because he's scared his BS will be called out over here and he won't have any power to do anything about it.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky can we move this thread over to the off topic section?
    Probably the right place for it even though this is an N54 vendor subject. If you guys want me to move it I will.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bash Click here to enlarge
    For those who support cheap shiv, pay the 400$ on his behalf and make him a sponsor.
    It isn't $400 a month here, we aren't even close to that. It's peanuts, it isn't a money issue.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not here to start controversy but I am still waiting on a pump only 93 octane single turbo dyno. I am also awaiting to hear what this fueling solution truly is... these are very basic facets that haven't been addressed yet although it seems that to every fanboy on E90 this doesn't matter. :text-bs:This is the only way to truly tell the capabilities of the turbo and fueling system yet no one is asking for this???

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Not here to start controversy but I am still waiting on a pump only 93 octane single turbo dyno. I am also awaiting to hear what this fueling solution truly is... these are very basic facets that haven't been addressed yet although it seems that to every fanboy on E90 this doesn't matter. :text-bs:This is the only way to truly tell the capabilities of the turbo and fueling system yet no one is asking for this???
    Meanwhile people are lining up to get it installed lol.....

    People are either dumb or have $ they don't know what to do with. I wouldn't purchase a kit until I saw all the facts and after the car was proven to run fast 1/4 mile times, not have zero traction in every gear and actually had drivable power. While the single turbo is exciting, I haven't seen anything that shows it's power is useful.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Pump was already shown though just barely kisses 500 up top...
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Meanwhile people are lining up to get it installed lol.....

    People are either dumb or have $ they don't know what to do with. I wouldn't purchase a kit until I saw all the facts and after the car was proven to run fast 1/4 mile times, not have zero traction in every gear and actually had drivable power. While the single turbo is exciting, I haven't seen anything that shows it's power is useful.
    Lol this kills me...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Pump was already shown though just barely kisses 500 up top...
    Link please... and I hope it's not that 94 octane $#@! which doesn't exist without mixing.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge


    Link please... and I hope it's not that 94 octane $#@! which doesn't exist without mixing.
    Last I saw it was all 94 "pump"....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    707.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Not here to start controversy but I am still waiting on a pump only 93 octane single turbo dyno. I am also awaiting to hear what this fueling solution truly is... these are very basic facets that haven't been addressed yet although it seems that to every fanboy on E90 this doesn't matter. :text-bs:This is the only way to truly tell the capabilities of the turbo and fueling system yet no one is asking for this???
    +1 and repped.

    It looks like the first few Vishnu customer cars should be nearly ready to hit the road and we'll see how well they do and how much spool rpm is traded for peak hp #s.

    Hopefully O2 sensor life isn't an issue as well.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    937
    Rep Points
    562.7
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ha, I got neg repped to the ground… as oddjob would say. This, the supposed “neutral” forum as Sticky totes it, is worse then E90. Although there are some good traits, mainly whatever is said, stays… supposedly. That’s it. The bias of anti-Shiv is severe and anything not with this tone is neg repped; probably by the same people I would guess. These people are not very interested in general learning, info about the n54… but instead have an agenda and are just using the forum tools for this… so it hurts the concept of sharing information, opinions.

    My comments were just a little sarcastic, but apparently certain people don’t want me posting… no prob, it wastes time anyway that could be spent with the wife, working or surfing my financial sites… much more productive.

    ps. and that 15sec wait time is driving me nuts

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Not here to start controversy but I am still waiting on a pump only 93 octane single turbo dyno. I am also awaiting to hear what this fueling solution truly is... these are very basic facets that haven't been addressed yet although it seems that to every fanboy on E90 this doesn't matter. :text-bs:This is the only way to truly tell the capabilities of the turbo and fueling system yet no one is asking for this???
    Honestly don't think there is much of a fueling solution. If there was we would have seen it by now.


  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Honestly don't think there is much of a fueling solution. If there was we would have seen it by now.
    Difficult to say... Shiv is being real quiet about it but I don't know why. I just hope it's not spray all the meth you can because as far as DD qualities that would suck. This car will be very difficult to drive if that suspension deal isn't figured out... I just hope this doesn't end up being an HPF only top end M3. To me driving around on MT drag radials isn't DD by any means, neither is driving around without seats...

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Difficult to say... Shiv is being real quiet about it but I don't know why. I just hope it's not spray all the meth you can because as far as DD qualities that would suck. This car will be very difficult to drive if that suspension deal isn't figured out... I just hope this doesn't end up being an HPF only top end M3. To me driving around on MT drag radials isn't DD by any means, neither is driving around without seats...
    Whats wrong with going RBs? My car is perfectly drivable on all season street tires, stock differential, stock suspension. 480-500 whp sustaining close to 460 at redline sounds like a beast on the street. Will probably end up costing less than half of a single turbo. No insane meth setups either.

    edit- stock turbo setups peak around 430 whp max and taper to 380-390 at redline. Just to give you an idea of how broad RBs make the powerband as well.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Meanwhile people are lining up to get it installed lol.....

    People are either dumb or have $ they don't know what to do with. I wouldn't purchase a kit until I saw all the facts and after the car was proven to run fast 1/4 mile times, not have zero traction in every gear and actually had drivable power. While the single turbo is exciting, I haven't seen anything that shows it's power is useful.
    So I guess you're not into single turbo Supras either then Click here to enlarge

    Even with stock turbos FBO our cars require alot of suspension mods to bring it to M3 level at the least, to put a decent amount of power to the ground. If you ever take this car to a racetrack, you'll quickly notice how bad the stock suspension is. It was really designed for comfort over handling from the factory. So apart from the budget for the turbo upgrade kit, one should have another $4k at hand for suspension mods. Sadly most seem to focus on power only...

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -56.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    So I guess you're not into single turbo Supras either then Click here to enlarge

    Even with stock turbos FBO our cars require alot of suspension mods to bring it to M3 level at the least, to put a decent amount of power to the ground. If you ever take this car to a racetrack, you'll quickly notice how bad the stock suspension is. It was really designed for comfort over handling from the factory. So apart from the budget for the turbo upgrade kit, one should have another $4k at hand for suspension mods. Sadly most seem to focus on power only...
    Agreed you will certainy need $4000 for suspension upgrades which applies to the peak Stock Turbo cars forget Upgraded Ztins or Singles. Anyone pushing more than 400whp and tracking should upgrade the suspension. I have driven in the Single Turbo car with the current JRZ setup and the car is very well balanced and handles very well. Most off you have seen his Video, well he did another run down that road with me in the car because I wanted to compare the JRZ's to my DA TC Klines. I was surprised at how compliant the car was. And I have done every suspension mod in the book and my car is still harsher than the JRZ set up he is running. I thunk my issues is more if a adjustment thing because the TC Kline setup is Double Adjustable Koni's which are a great Damper. Either way Supension and Brakes are a must. Just my 2 cents.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Whats wrong with going RBs? My car is perfectly drivable on all season street tires, stock differential, stock suspension. 480-500 whp sustaining close to 460 at redline sounds like a beast on the street. Will probably end up costing less than half of a single turbo. No insane meth setups either.

    edit- stock turbo setups peak around 430 whp max and taper to 380-390 at redline. Just to give you an idea of how broad RBs make the powerband as well.
    I don't see any problem with rb's, I'm just waiting for Cobb to come up with a good tune for them. I will probably go rb's and do coil overs and then enjoy the car. I'm close to having my car set up exactly how I want it. Cobb needs to hurry up!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •