Close

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 9 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Post The Shiv spectacle continues

This post by robert is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Last edited by robert; 04-18-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Good thread Dz
    shiv, stop circumventing the rules

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robert Click here to enlarge
    If you look at the dyno graphs you posted, you will see that torque is falling off up top. Typical with a dual came motor is that you see two VE curves linked together (double-hump). The second hump (aggressive cam), like the first, will still look like a curve and have top end roll off. You just need to rev it out enough to see it. In the example you posted, you can see it quite clearly.

I'm not saying that the n54 won't benefit from headwork. Just saying that a torque roll-off is not indicative of cylinder head limitations. Especially when it's relatively minor as in the case of the single turbo n54.

Funny enough, instead of ported heads, I'd say we'd benefit more from running 0.5psi more boost with (maybe) a stronger bottom end. Although the stock bottom end does seem to be holding up quiet well at 650whp at 7100rpm. In an NA car, cylinder head work is key. In a turbo engine (running a turbo with extra capacity), not so much. If money is an object, it's better spent elsewhere for maximum gains.

Shiv
    You get one post per day and 1 account as a guest vendor, not two. This account is now banned.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    shiv, stop circumventing the rules
    Addressed.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You get one post per day and 1 account as a guest vendor, not two. This account is now banned.
    $#@! slapped like a little boy at Walmart

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ah come on, he just provided technical info. The nuclear problem in Iran is about to be resolved, so now you can let him post 2 times a day Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Ah come on, he just provided technical info. The nuclear problem in Iran is about to be resolved, so now you can let him post 2 times a day Click here to enlarge
    I don't care if he has his girlfriend provide BJ's for every Procede customer with a technical question while he answers it (I think this would tremendously improve his customer service BTW) he's going to follow the rules here just like everyone else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

0 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by JoshBoody is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Less Shiv posts makes Sticky and LM happy, but makes BB dull... oh well.
    +1 He's not really promoting his product here. Besides 90% of the folks in the N54 section are ex-E90post users. Not many new customers to grab here Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I completely disagree with the dull part...i don't see what "fun" he brings on here seriously Click here to enlarge i'd just say let him enjoy his e90post rhine and glory, but maybe, deep down inside, he wants to "talk" to us and just "market" to sheep on e90post lol

to be honest, it is very dull and boring on e90post these days

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    dz, josh's point is that having shiv here brings more discussion and what not. with him not here he cannot defend a point or comment to someone who replied to him until the next day, and by that time 25 more people have posted and the thread may or may not have gone off tangent and his reply would seem out of place. i understand why sticky banned 'robert' as shiv was using it as a second account but its really too bad about his rules because now we only have one side of the 'book' to read from. again, i understand why, shiv is not paying vendor fees, but if he chooses to not market, (and who here (at BB) would purchase a procede or w/e new? i would have to say at least 90% of the people here are JB or Cobb users who dislike shiv for a number of reasons: they could be banned by jason from e90 for posting against shiv or w/e, or who knows what... point is shivs products wont have an edge here as long as there is a JB bias.) who really cares? if one of his posts has a marketing edge to it, edit it like you have been sticky, i've seen you edit his posts. if the post is constructive and helpful to the discussion why limit his voice other than your vendor rules?
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    to be honest, it is very dull and boring on e90post these days
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    its really too bad about his rules because now we only have one side of the 'book' to read from
    you want more posts from him? pressure him to be a sponsor then. you must be a democrat, "free $#@! for everyone!" Rules apply to everyone. STicky didnt even have to ban the acct, I and many others would have kept him negative for months, ahh what a great true democracy we have here...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Awww, LM and Sticky running BB together… you all make such a great team.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I understand why he is limited in posts, how can you not? This website doesn't run itself.
    Does e90 let vendors post for free? No. Do any forum websites? No.

Why is this different? How do you explain a exception to the rule to the other paying vendors? You don't.

Shiv knows the rules, he's a businessman, he CHOOSES not to be more active with this forum. It has nothing to do with BB, it's the rules so we (the consumer) can enjoy a forum and community.

Wake up people, nothing is for free in this world.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

And please, shiv being active serves for nothing but his sick little bull$#@! pleasure of making fun of ppl...pay your fees and post as much as you like like every other vendor..but no he's extremely cheap thats all it is

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Forum has done fine without his posts this far and he can still post in limited fashion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I understand why he is limited in posts, how can you not? This website doesn't run itself.
    Does e90 let vendors post for free? No. Do any forum websites? No.

Why is this different? How do you explain a exception to the rule to the other paying vendors? You don't.

Shiv knows the rules, he's a businessman, he CHOOSES not to be more active with this forum. It has nothing to do with BB, it's the rules so we (the consumer) can enjoy a forum and community.

Wake up people, nothing is for free in this world.
    +1

It's more along the lines of he chooses not to be a paying vendor therefore he chooses not to have vendor freedom.

It's honestly the same thing rehashed over and over. I just am not letting him continue to get away with it because I don't need to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Letting Shiv post just because he's not trying to sell his product here still isn't fair to the other vendors. How much are vendor fees anyways? Isn't it like $400 a year on e90post? With all his single turbo business, I don't see why he can't afford to pay that over here. Guess money's not growing from trees at Vishnu.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Isn't it like $400 a year on e90post?
    $400 a month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I don't see why he can't afford to pay that over here. Guess money's not growing from trees at Vishnu.
    He has plenty of money and Vishnu is doing well. What it comes down to is that it's a personal matter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Can this be moved to off topic Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Letting Shiv post just because he's not trying to sell his product here still isn't fair to the other vendors. How much are vendor fees anyways? Isn't it like $400 a year on e90post? With all his single turbo business, I don't see why he can't afford to pay that over here. Guess money's not growing from trees at Vishnu.
    Exactly, where do you draw the line? If your a vendor, u pay, end of story. If u don't want to pay, oh well don't cry about it. Shiv doesn't seem to care, it's other people that do and those other people aren't looking at the big picture and how to operate a successful forum. Btw I have no stake in this but to me it's completely obvious why sticky does what he does, I don't blame him one bit.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Can this be moved to off topic Click here to enlarge
    Yes, we can move the Shiv stuff somewhere. Give me a little bit, busy catching up elsewhere.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast