Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

F14 and Asymmetic 2 for E63

just ordered a set of each for 2007 E63.modbargain happened to have a set in stock that someone ordered for an E-class and decided not to buy later.got lucky i guess.they were the lightest reasonably priced wheels i could find and the tires are also very light.i should lose 12-15lbs at each corner.i will let everyone know how it turns out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

What do the F14's look like? When do these come in?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

excuse me.i should have stated they are the forgestar F14.they should come in late next week.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

^ There we go, nice choice.

Be sure to show them to us mounted.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

What tires did you go with?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I want these for my wifes 5 series.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i went with the new Goodyear F1 asymmetric.they got excellent reviews like right up with the Michelins or better even and they are extremely light for a road tire.they are 24 and 25 lbs respectively and are under $800 with rebate at the rack.245/40-18 and 265/35-18.

they tread pattern isn't very cool looking it's kind of old schoolish,but who cares if they perform,right?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....n&autoModClar=

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I agree, I'm looking at a new set of wheels that will be a balance of good looks and light weight. Just curious, what other tires did you consider?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i considered all the major brands,even some of the Toyo and Falken and Nitto track day type tires,passed on them for noise and wear reasons,mostly noise.i hate really noisy tires.

basically it came down to the max pefromance Michelin,Goodyear and Pirelli.the Goodyear was equal or better to them in all the tests but it was cheaper and lighter than both by a significant margin.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/

this site helped me out a lot.they have access to a bunch of independent tire reviews.the Goodyear did extremely well in every test actually surpassing the Michelin and Pirelli in most of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i will post pics of the wheels when they come in.

i wanted gun metal,but the wait was quoted 2 months and it would have probably been longer.

they had the titanium finish wheels in stock that were built for a Mercedes in 8.5x18 and 10x18,so i grabbed them in hopes that they are dark enough for what i wanted.the car is silver with tinted windows and the stock AMG wheels are some sort of dark silver or whatever they are.if the titanium F14's are as dark as the stock AMG wheels i will be happy.that's all i wanted.i just didn't want a real light silver colored wheel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

update.

the wheels came in and they are not hub-centric as i was told.could have been a mis-commuication on my part or his,but i was pretty specific in asking him that the wheels were made for a MB and were hub-centric.i called him and asked him if he wanted me to send the back immediately or if i should let the tire shop try to balance them.the tire shop has a road force balancer and they seemed pretty confident that they could do it,but one of the techs did say what i already knew to be true,"those MB's are pretty finicky about balancing wheels that aren't hub-centric."

anyway Eddie at Modbargains agreed to let the tire shop try to mount and balance them and if there is any vibration at any speed for any reason,i can/will send them back.

so far Modbargains has been very easy to deal with,and i hope that the wheels do balance out right,b/c they look awesome and they are so much lighter than stock.

i apologize for not getting pics of the wheels in the box,i was pissed and flustered that they weren't hub-centric and i got in a hurry and to call Modbargains and get it to the tire shop.if it works out that they balance out fine,i will get pics up tomorrow of the wheels mounted on the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by masonh Click here to enlarge
    so far Modbargains has been very easy to deal with,and i hope that the wheels do balance out right,b/c they look awesome and they are so much lighter than stock.
    Let us know what happens, I've heard good and bad regarding modbargains.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I've had nothing but good service from mod bargains .....hope these wheels work out for you, I know how annoying it can be to wait
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

everything is perfect.picked it up at noon and drove it home which was about 50 miles.they are the only guys in town with a road force balance.there is no wobble or shimmy at any speed.thanks modbargains.i'm trying to put pictures up but it keeps saying they are too big.

i'll be back with pictures later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If they aren't hub-centric send them back. Dealing with hub rings is a pain in the ass.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

was going to but they are perfect,they ride better than the factory wheels.

the owner at the tire store,said it's really no big deal,and that they do tons of cars that use the rings with zero problems.

i was a little concerned but the guy that owns that tire store set my mind at ease.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kind of wishing i had gone with 19".

anyway,i weighed the stock AMG wheels/tires and they came in at 53/54 lbs for front/rear.the new ones come in at 42.5/44 so i saved 10lbs per wheel.my brakes will be good for probably another 5k miles,then i will go with the BenzWorks full float front and rear and probably save another 15-20 pounds,albeit mostly on the rear.

the car handles noticeably better now,of course i am coming from stock wheels with Sumitomo HTZR 2(they were on it when i bought it) to the lightweight F14's and Goodyear Assymetric 2's.much improved,also quieter and smoother.well worth $2200 total invested.

have a set of AMG wheels with Sumitomo at 90+% for sale btw if anyone needs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    They look good!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

kind of wishing i had gone with 19".

anyway,i weighed the stock AMG wheels/tires and they came in at 53/54 lbs for front/rear.the new ones come in at 42.5/44 so i saved 10lbs per wheel.my brakes will be good for probably another 5k miles,then i will go with the BenzWorks full float front and rear and probably save another 15-20 pounds,albeit mostly on the rear.

the car handles noticeably better now,of course i am coming from stock wheels with Sumitomo HTZR 2(they were on it when i bought it) to the lightweight F14's and Goodyear Assymetric 2's.much improved,also quieter and smoother.well worth $2200 total invested.

have a set of AMG wheels with Sumitomo at 90+% for sale btw if anyone needs.
    19's would look better but you saved a bunch of weight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and money.plus i feel like the 18 are a better all around size.

for some reason the pics make the tires look huge.it looks better in person.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Glad you were able to sort this out! You're fortunate they had a set in stock ready to go -I ordered a set of F14's 10 weeks ago (not from modbargain) in a custom brushed charcoal finish...should be arriving tomorrow...but after numerous delays, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Current: C63 Coupe: Polar White/Classic Red, P31, H&R, Mode Carbon, RevoZport, Renn Motorsport
    SOLD: B8 S4 Sprint Blue Pearl, DSG, Stasis everything.
    SOLD Eurocharged C63: ARKYM, Forgestar, K&N, Revozport, Custom Rear Lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    Glad you were able to sort this out! You're fortunate they had a set in stock ready to go -I ordered a set of F14's 10 weeks ago (not from modbargain) in a custom brushed charcoal finish...should be arriving tomorrow...but after numerous delays, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Who did you order from?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who did you order from?
    D2 Motorsports in NY...have an appt for installation Thurs morning.
    Current: C63 Coupe: Polar White/Classic Red, P31, H&R, Mode Carbon, RevoZport, Renn Motorsport
    SOLD: B8 S4 Sprint Blue Pearl, DSG, Stasis everything.
    SOLD Eurocharged C63: ARKYM, Forgestar, K&N, Revozport, Custom Rear Lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    D2 Motorsports in NY...have an appt for installation Thurs morning.
    Cool, been seeing more and more about d2. Let us know how they do, they are installing as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast