Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Your analyzing your options well.

I can tell you that you can be completely confident with Renntech, Evolve, or BMS as all three will take care of you.

I can't speak to the others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Your analyzing your options well.

I can tell you that you can be completely confident with Renntech, Evolve, or BMS as all three will take care of you.

I can't speak to the others.
    That's good to hear. I know first-hand with Evolve, and Renntech provided some more specific data which is encouraging. I know Terry has a great reputation. I just don't want to give myself a car-problem if you know what I mean; you are really "locked in" with a bench-flash.

First step, anyway, is for me to log log log, so I have some idea of the normal behavior/data given my driving. But I've been doing a little research and correspondence in parallel. Hard to stay on the throttle in the diesel also - thing really takes off from 60...need a damn runway; or a dyno of course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    You read into things too much. I don't need to justify anything I have to anyone. I do see people do that all day on the internet though, so I can see how that might be your first impression of someone.

The truth is that I have driven much more "off-road capable" vehicles than the X5. But I was extremely impressed at what it did on the off-road course at the performance center given the technology it has in it and the obstacles and exercises provided. I just think "useless" sells a great vehicle short; and you should be challenged on the statement. Has nothing to do with me owning the SAV. I simply have first hand experience and past experience on the topic. Of course it falls short to the big dogs off-road...

FYI - Did you notice that Paul Jr has a G wagon? Noticed on American Chopper...I bet he does stupid $#@! in it ; )
    Its all good man. I hear ya. I actually put a lot of miles in the X5d. Only thing that disappointed me was the mpg wasn't all it was cracked up to be and it could use a little more power (looks like your finding a solution to that).

Your IND X5d looks great.

A couple pics of my brother-in-laws Alpine White X5d, similar mods, but yours was definitely taken to a different level by IND. People always asked him where he got the painted rear reflectors.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Ok, good, Renntech and Evolve should be on your list definitely.

The JBD from BMS is another choice.
    To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with the JBD. I helped install(super easy install) JBD when it was still in beta. It wasn't exactly night and day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with the JBD. I helped installed(super easy install) JBD when it was still in beta. It wasn't exactly night and day.
    The appeal of the JBD is that it is affordable and easy to install/remove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The appeal of the JBD is that it is affordable and easy to install/remove.
    Agree 100%. Also doesn't hurt that Terry is really helpful if you have any questions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Agree 100%. Also doesn't hurt that Terry is really helpful if you have any questions.
    Exactly, fantastic support.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Its all good man. I hear ya. I actually put a lot of miles in the X5d. Only thing that disappointed me was the mpg wasn't all it was cracked up to be and it could use a little more power (looks like your finding a solution to that).

Your IND X5d looks great.

A couple pics of my brother-in-laws Alpine White X5d, similar mods, but yours was definitely taken to a different level by IND. People always asked him where he got the painted rear reflectors.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with the JBD. I helped install(super easy install) JBD when it was still in beta. It wasn't exactly night and day.
    Ha! I love this X5! It was actually one of the ones Ilia @ iND and I discussed during the course of designing mine. Your brother-in-law has great taste! Ilia and I also discussed the rear reflectors, but we felt that they look better on my car left alone. I hate yellow, but the red reflectors I don't mind honestly; plus they match the tails. I think it is splitting hairs in the rear of the x5 to be honest; the front reflectors make a huge difference.

I got about 24mpg and averaged 76mph when I drove to iND, ~500 miles. Not Earth-shattering, but for a pretty un-aerodynamic vehicle that weighs close to 5k lbs, I'm satisfied. The 35d is great in certain sweet spots for passing, but it would be fun to blast away from a stop and shock some people. The on-ramps around here can be treacherous, so any boost in power can help. I have caught myself a couple of times causing people to slow in the left lane because I over-estimated the passing power at certain speeds/RPMs/conditions - and I hate that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12