227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stock fuel system 100%! Three 1mm nozzles on the car
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Stock fuel system 100%! Three 1mm nozzles on the car
    I can't believe my eyes after reading the updates in this thread...very impressed... Click here to enlarge

Not to doubt but just genuinely curious..with the new diff you swapped how much influence would this have on dyno numbers if any at all...
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I'll post all the info tomorrow. Key things are no fuel issues at all, LTFTs at zero, STFTs going almost max negative, plenty of fuel available in this combo still...race gas instead of pump with meth could raise numbers yet higher, just a guess..dropped timing a bit to 17.5-18* as it corrected at 19.5-20 for these last runs...
    I really really got so shocked with these numbers tonight. And the intake pipes are still not touched!

So Terry, your turn Click here to enlarge
    Nah I'm not going to get off my couch until you take back my 60-130 TT record. Then it's on. Click here to enlarge

Actually I'm cooking up a few tuning changes here too. But no plans to pull the head any time soon. Although if your results pan out I may just have to port it some day when I do pistons. Still surprised it's doing anything to be honest.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy $#@!! That is impressive!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the great numbers!!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool. Can you post the dyno graphs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ...Whoa

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    inb4shivportshishead

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I want to see his single push 650wtq and hold it flat! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    divide by the current ratio, multiply by old ratio.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WDBi Click here to enlarge
    That would be around 700 ft lbs
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Hrmm, could that really be true?

2.56 -> 3.08?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WDBi Click here to enlarge
    according to some calculations i just did that car with a 3.08 diff would have made 784 torque?
    Should have prefaced my comment with the fact that I dont know how this effects Dyno readings. However, if you were to calculate the torque out of a gearbox between 2 different ratios, what I posted is how you would do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great figures Dzenno. Looking forward to working through the MWI maps on my car soon! Click here to enlarge

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: Audi R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires, Capristo x-pipe
    Gone: Audi R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Öhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow congrats bud. The torque is just absurd... looking forward to seeing the powerband on the graph!
    FBO / HFS-4 / Cobb PTF tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    inb4shivportshishead
    That would be a lot of power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just backed it up with another run..absurd!

No Rob this is your smokey $#@! doing some impressive stuff
    LOL
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wait your using ms109 and meth correct? those are insane numbers DZ!!!! but shouldnt you be saying racegas+meth?
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    wait your using ms109 and meth correct? those are insane numbers DZ!!!! but shouldnt you be saying racegas+meth?
    Where are you getting MS109 from? He said pump + Meth.

I'll post all the info tomorrow. Key things are no fuel issues at all, LTFTs at zero, STFTs going almost max negative, plenty of fuel available in this combo still...race gas instead of pump with meth could raise numbers yet higher, just a guess..dropped timing a bit to 17.5-18* as it corrected at 19.5-20 for these last runs...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe he had 94oct + 3×1mm nozzles of 100% meth? A lot of octane and cooling but race gas would still add some.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    omg, this is nutz! cant wait for a ride bro. congrats!
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick update: The car is running stronger than ever Click here to enlarge Top end power, as in 6-7k rpm, doesn't look like its improved though and this is quite possibly due to partially boost taper to redline (even with 80% wgdc which is all out and I've actually now capped it to 75% max wgdc, don't want my RBs to go) as well as the stock frame turbo exhaust housing.

With the OEM 2.5bar TMAP sensor maxed out last Friday the car put put down 445whp/470-ish wtq on just pump gas and IATs hitting 150-160F on the dyno. This is right within expectations I had for just pump on a tune that has NO corrections, timing at around 11.5deg, 12AFR. The head and the compression drop combo seem to be doing well.

Due to high IATs I decided to pour in 5 gals of MS109 on an almost empty tank so pretty much 100% race gas. She put down 516whp/528wtq STD at about 20psi, 19.5* of timing, zero occurrence of knock/timing corrections but IATs were again at it hitting 150-160F Click here to enlarge Still, some sort of record for no meth and highest timing on an N54 ever? LOL I've actually taken timing to 21.5* but it was already past MBT for this octane so backed it down

As of last night, meth is now wired back up, trunk mounted Howerton 2.2gal tank, OEM 3.5bar TMAP sensor is IN and functional. At the moment she's boosting 22.5psi to 5.5k rpm, 19.5-20psi 6k, 17.5-18 at redline. Car is able to run 19.5* of timing (same as on MS109) with just pump + meth. Hitting the dyno again tonight.

I was really going to keep these results for myself until everything was tested as to minimize discussion on preliminary results but it is what it is for a start and I'm really happy given the best numbers which Shiv got with my car with the procede with BOTH race gas AND an M14 nozzle of meth were 490whp/480wtq STD when he was up here tuning it himself 2 years ago in colder weather. On an alpha race map from Cobb back in Feb/March the car did 471whp on pump+meth with the stock catback and stock head. This is just to put the numbers in perspective for my particular car/modifications/conditions and not compare to other cars out there. The alpha street map from Cobb (before i had atr/atp) on pump did 420-425whp running 18.5psi and timing appropriate for the stock head setup back then with no timing corrections.

Car's a real a blast to drive. Took one of our forum members for a quick spin last night Click here to enlarge

Once tonight's session is done I'll be swapping the intake pipes with something a bit less restrictive hopefully and try to get some E85 in there Click here to enlarge

just confused whats in there
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not taking anything away from DZ these are amazing #'s!
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I cannot wait to see the charts, so incredible.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    not taking anything away from DZ these are amazing #'s!
    It sounds like he ran the race gas out of the car before this specific tuning session.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is it april 1st?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Both pump only and race gas was used on Friday night when the car made 516WHP 528WTQ. I had 5 gallons of MS109 poured in from the shop's barrel. Then Saturday morning filled a full tank of 94 and drove to Detroit for a wedding. Then filled up yet again on the way back. It was only 94 in the tank last night along with my meth setup running close to 100% meth if not 100%. Sunday night I rewired my meth so I have a trunk mounted tank and that's what I hit the dyno with. There's possibly more in it on race gas + meth but I won't try that again until later. Only reason I poured it in on Friday night was to be able to turn down IAT compensations and run more timing to see what she's got on something other than pump which without meth was killing my power past 5k rpm.

Next up will be taking the stock intake pipes off and redynoing when I get a chance again followed by some E85 in the mix.

This is already $600 in dyno time.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lurker here. Thanks for doing this. It is a great service to the community and I think a lot of people should take notice as to THIS kind of effort being the way the community will expand . It's also how a lot of new parts and services will be coming down the pipe. 652 ft-lbs of torque on a 3 liter engine with just MILD turbos is other-worldly.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast