6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    What is kennfeld??
    KF = engine management map tables

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Normally 30FE codes only after prolonged use are sticking wastegate actuators/rods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lenny@renntech Click here to enlarge
    Road course track it's the best place to really test tunes after dyno & you guys seems to be in the right track. It's a 2008 E82 135i Manual transmission with upgraded SETRAB oil cooler, remapped elect. water pump w/fan, M3 LSD w/additional 2 additional clutch pack, FMIC, RB Turbos, removed secondary katalyzer w/3.5" exhaust, suspension work & sport brakes w/pads. The tune has also has the kennfeld KUEHLPIMX (Tmot/Toel temp power reduction increased) & some modified codeword for eliminating cornering torque limitation on non-LSD N54 & increased pressure ratios to eliminate annoying wastegate oscilation hunt. Also, the torque limp mode increased & will limp into stock oe boost 8.7psi just in case.
    The car was practically calibrated for 93 octane & to pass emissions. When you add 100octane, it will boost .1 bar more.
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Some interesting custom stuff coded in your tune there. Do you have plans to sell your tune in continental Europe too? Saw you have some resellers in the UK, but none in Germany, France...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I am trying to post this here but the stinking software is constantly spilling its guts at me. Sticky, get it together man! This is ridiculous!

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...17253A32-1.png
    I can not figure out why you have this error and others don't. Would you please create another account to test and see if it still happens?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

some modified codeword for eliminating cornering torque limitation on non-LSD N54
    Wait. What?
    Is there a limitation build in the DME for cornering torque?
    What if you add a Quaife afterwards?
    Can this parameter be set / changed with a tune? Probably only with a flashtune I presume...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Wait. What?
    Is there a limitation build in the DME for cornering torque?
    What if you add a Quaife afterwards?
    Can this parameter be set / changed with a tune? Probably only with a flashtune I presume...
    I was wondering more in a generic way how does the piggybacks handle reported torque? Is it "lowered" to something the DME will be happy with or? @Terry@BMS you have any input here?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Road course track it's the best place to really test tunes after dyno & you guys seems to be in the right track. It's a 2008 E82 135i Manual transmission with upgraded SETRAB oil cooler, remapped elect. water pump w/fan, M3 LSD w/additional 2 additional clutch pack, FMIC, RB Turbos, removed secondary katalyzer w/3.5" exhaust, suspension work & sport brakes w/pads. The tune has also has the kennfeld KUEHLPIMX (Tmot/Toel temp power reduction increased) & some modified codeword for eliminating cornering torque limitation on non-LSD N54 & increased pressure ratios to eliminate annoying wastegate oscilation hunt. Also, the torque limp mode increased & will limp into stock oe boost 8.7psi just in case.

The car was practically calibrated for 93 octane & to pass emissions. When you add 100octane, it will boost .1 bar more.
    Impressive stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    I was wondering more in a generic way how does the piggybacks handle reported torque? Is it "lowered" to something the DME will be happy with or? @Terry@BMS you have any input here?
    is just the stock torque. DME thinks running stock values.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Normally 30FE codes only after prolonged use are sticking wastegate actuators/rods.

Terry,

What would be the course of action to remedy this? Lubricate the actuators?
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Terry,

What would be the course of action to remedy this? Lubricate the actuators?
    Vas , i remember Mr.5 having this issue at the track quite often. I think he also did a thread about it and yes lubricate it should fix this but it will come back i guess.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

here a quote from Mr.5
    As far as the car, It ran flawlessly (until my rear wastegate decided to stick on me again). Not bad for 84,000 miles though. Every time my engine gets really hot the rear wastegate linkage decides to get sticky and all I need to do is get some motor oil and lube it up. I know that most of it will just burn off but it does help. This didn't happen until the middle of my 5th session though so I just let it cool down and went home.

Might be worthwhile to try lube it and see if it "temporarely" fix the issue.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Very good! That's what I was suspecting. Motor oil is a quick and dirty way out of it, but I think a more long-term approach would be to use high-temperature bearing grease. Something like this can hold it up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit:

http://www.schaefferoil.com/high-tem...re-grease.html
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Another question for you folks:

Is it possible to move the waste gate actuator rods by hand? I think it would be good to be able to move the actuators by hand when I am lubricating them to work in the grease better.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Vasil, any updates? Hope you've solved this issue. Did you get my PM?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I've not messed with it yet. I had my hands busy with other projects. I've not seen the overboosting issue on the street or on the last 2 autox events that I went to. I have a day off tomorrow so I might dig in the engine bay and try to lubricate the actuators and see if anything feels loose or worse: sticking/binding.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I've not messed with it yet. I had my hands busy with other projects. I've not seen the overboosting issue on the street or on the last 2 autox events that I went to. I have a day off tomorrow so I might dig in the engine bay and try to lubricate the actuators and see if anything feels loose or worse: sticking/binding.
    with INPA you can move the actuators , i am gonna test this on mine .

here is the screen:

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I see those screens all over INPA. Are they just diagnosis screens, or are u actually setting the WG positions (in this case) to a different value that the DME will then always use? I wasn't sure, so I didnt move them at all. Manual vacuum FTW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Another question for you folks:

Is it possible to move the waste gate actuator rods by hand? I think it would be good to be able to move the actuators by hand when I am lubricating them to work in the grease better.
    The rear turbo, no problem, the front turbo, not a chance without taking a lot of crap out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    with INPA you can move the actuators , i am gonna test this on mine .

here is the screen:

Click here to enlarge

Yep, that's my next line of attack so to speak. Click here to enlarge

I am glad more people are beginning to use INPA. I should get my ass inline and finish the translation of MSD80 file.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I just ran a complete diagnostics action plan on the waste gates with INPA. Everything looks good. Actuation went flawless from 0% to 99% on both waste gates.

So I guess I will try again on another track and get logs out of Cobb when this happens.

BTW, the overboost DTC recorded 22PSI of boost in the freeze frame information. This is a lot of boost!

Does anyone know if Cobb removed the boost cap on Stage 2+FMIC maps?
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Any solutions to this? I experienced the same thing this past weekend at Watkins Glen. I have an email in to Cobb, but no response yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

vas, you can indeed rotate the actuator rod with a 4 or 5 mm wrench. some toolkits don't even carry this size and you may need to fabricate one (what AA did for me back in the day). we tightened up mine though to fix the wastegate rattle (a well known problem on stock turbos/wastegates), not to fix an over/under boost problem. good luck dude, let me know if you need any more info.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

oddjob,

Thanks for the info man. I appreciate it. I am going to Gingerman (same track as before) on 26th. This time I'll be prepared to do full logging and I'll bring my tools. I will try to lubricate the actuators before that.

EDIT: I asked Rob@Cobb if it is possible for him to make me a map that has a boost cap. If I get it before the 26th, it'll be great because I can eliminated software problem.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just a quick update:

I heard from Ian that my issues may be solved with the new maps Jason is working on. I had this issue even with the basic Stage 1 tune, just not as frequently. Like vasillalov, I was seeing 22psi boost numbers at my shift point. For the life of me, I can't replicate this problem on the street, only on the track after several laps. I am experiencing the strange boost oscillations others have discussed and I'm running 4.01. I'll try to keep posting updates here as well as some other forum some of us visit here and there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

...at least I am not the only one! Yeah, I am seeing the same thing 22psi and then overboost condition. Rob@Cobb said that Stage 2+FMIC Aggressive is limited to 18.5 psi of boost and that there is no way for the ECU to request more than that. Yet, I regularly see 19+psi of true manifold pressure measured by my P3 Gauge with an analog pressure sensor hooked up to the DVs.

I hope they resolve this issue soon. Spending money on track days and limping consistently on the track due to overboost sucks. ...at least it is not cooling. My car runs very cool on the track. Coolant temps never went over 210F, oil temps never went over 250F.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast