Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ryan, so sorry to hear about your problem man. That sucks bigtime. I hope you get it resolved without a lot of expense and difficulty. Click here to enlarge

I put my bms ww meth kit on last weekend and just picked up 5 gal of M1 today but your thread does give me pause to think about the risks. I guess the 50/50 mix is good advice for street use and is the best short term plan.

Long term I still worry a little. It seems like the meth may well be boiling in the filler tube causing the caps to pop off. That's the only thing that makes sense so far to me. If this happened in testing before the e90 was released I doubt bmw would have let it go. And I never saw it on my 08 335xi in 3 years. The cap was always tight the few times I filled it.

All in all, I'd like to get a driver's side washer resevoir for my 11 335xi, ideally install it via pulling just the inner fender splash shield and use that as the tank. I'm not afraid to make brackets or drill a discreet hole or two to make it work. Does anyone know if a RHD 335, 5 series or some other bmw has a washer tank that would fit in the driver's fender area in a us spec 335? Also, how much liquid does the current 335 washer tank hold?

Yes, it's a little bit of work but I'd rather spend another few hrs installing something there and know Im that much safer, tank away from the turbo and not running lines from the rear to the front etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

For the caps, we've always suggested poking a small hole in the top, like you see in my video, to augment the OEM WW tank vent. Little chance of anything splashing out of a tiny hole like that but it can prevent vacuum from building up causing flow issues and vacuum stress on the neck and cap. I doubt the WW neck gets hot enough to boil the meth unless you are running 100%, but even in that case the vent hole would likely help keep the cap from popping off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Filling height is not a big issue. When the cap pops meth fume ignites.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Every time I filled, it was probably 4" or so from the top of the WW cap. I'm rethinking that decision now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Bavarian Bullet if you find something to fit drivers side fender well please post it. This is what i would like to do as well.Dont want a trunk mount kit and would like to use my ww tank for what it was designed for. Bugs are horrible this year and agree with keeping away from hot side of engine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

It would be nice to see custom trunk mount tank option for the 135 and 335 that would sit in the side pockets of the trunk or in the well underneath the trunk floor mat. I have seen a few personal custom jobs that look really sweet. I will be going this route if I stick with an N54.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    It would be nice to see custom trunk mount tank option for the 135 and 335 that would sit in the side pockets of the trunk or in the well underneath the trunk floor mat. I have seen a few personal custom jobs that look really sweet. I will be going this route if I stick with an N54.
    The CM "pro" tank is quite simple to mount just on the left side of the trunk.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    Bavarian Bullet if you find something to fit drivers side fender well please post it. This is what i would like to do as well.Dont want a trunk mount kit and would like to use my ww tank for what it was designed for. Bugs are horrible this year and agree with keeping away from hot side of engine.
    Will do.

I'd like to use my washers from time to time too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ouch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    I think it's a good idea too but I personally don't believe in running plastic line from front to rear for higher meth concentrations. I'd say make sure the tank is very well secured in the trunk and run 4AN stainless to the front under the car's exterior and it should be relatively safe. Custom tank to fit side would make good use of trunk space but you're right over the battery or amp if it leaks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    The CM "pro" tank is quite simple to mount just on the left side of the trunk.
    I ran the CM pro previously before I de-modded. Its a great tank for sure, just takes up too much room in a 135.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    A mere speed-bump on the way to a more powerful 335!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If I ever decide to install a meth injection kit in my car, I'll probably go trunk mount and use a 1 gallon fuel cell for the tank. That's got to be a good, safe way to do it.

EDIT: Something like this - http://www.jegs.com/i/JAZ-Products/5...02-01/10002/-1
    with this mounting system - http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...rentProductId=

Would that be good?
    Last edited by GetSomeE92; 04-16-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    If I ever decide to install a meth injection kit in my car, I'll probably go trunk mount and use a 1 gallon fuel cell for the tank. That's got to be a good, safe way to do it.

EDIT: Something like this - http://www.jegs.com/i/JAZ-Products/5...02-01/10002/-1
    with this mounting system - http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...rentProductId=

Would that be good?
    I've started looking at other tanks that could fit in the front area for my thoughts on where the tank should go and AIS makes a nice-looking 3qt tank for $120: http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...duct_info.html

The trick is I haven't had the time to really jack the car up, pull a wheel off and really scope out the front end for a good tank spot. There's probably less room than I imagine so tanks like the AIS one area unlikely to fit. Still, there's a number of tanks, even one of the CM ones looks somewhat narrow enough it might sneak in there. The search goes on...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I've seen one custom job on a forum somewhere where the OP used an OEM WW tank in the driver's side wheel well. I really liked that idea. Especially if someone could find a screw on cap!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I didn't read the whole thread but I put a little duct tape on my cap cause I don't trust it for this very reason. Far too much pressure builds up in the WW bottle. I made a fuse cut-off switch that sits in my glovebox. I just hit the switch and it disables my wipers and I just pull the stalk and I have full prime in seconds. Works perfectly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

But the OEM unit is moulded somewhat to fit the inner fender, the curve would be in the wrong direction. Is there enoguh space to allow for that? He probably had to use standoffs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    But the OEM unit is moulded somewhat to fit the inner fender, the curve would be in the wrong direction. Is there enoguh space to allow for that? He probably had to use standoffs.
    He may have sourced it from a right hand drive car, as I would imagine the windshield wiper fluid reservoir is on the opposite side of where it is in a left hand drive car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    He may have sourced it from a right hand drive car, as I would imagine the windshield wiper fluid reservoir is on the opposite side of where it is in a left hand drive car.
    this
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

If thats true, it should be a pretty easy fix. Much easier than me looking for a tank and plastic welding a filler pipe on it, which btw has proven to be difficult thus far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Just checked realoem for a RHD car and the image of the WW tank seems to indicate that its in the same passenger side location. Though, there are cutouts in the engine bay on the drivers side for what looks like could be a WW tank on my car. Can any guys with RHD in Europe confirm? This would be an easy fix!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I just compared rhd and lhd part numbers at realoem and they appear to be the same...

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

My UK RHD 335i has the WW bottle on the same side of the turbos just like your cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

well poop. While my car is in bits and pieces, it would be easy to get a new bottle in the drivers side. the search continues!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    It would have been just fine if I stuck with the 50/50. Hindsight is always 20/20. I'll get it straight, just might take a little time. I need a new innertube for my huffy so I can get to work!
    Guys get greedy thinking they may get another couple horses. 50/50... no reason not to stick with it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast