Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    JB4 is always available and a proven solution for RBs Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I see it coming. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    @themyst , any updates regarding your issue?
    Ordered a new valve cover gasket and will clean the spark plug hole and see if oil still accumulates. Car doesn't burn oil or seem down on power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Ordered a new valve cover gasket and will clean the spark plug hole and see if oil still accumulates. Car doesn't burn oil or seem down on power.
    I currently own a 135i and I found the same pb as you! exactly! on spark plug number 6 ...

Except that I also misfire on two other cylinders (4 & 5!)

Have you solved this mystery?

thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Subaero Click here to enlarge
    I currently own a 135i and I found the same pb as you! exactly! on spark plug number 6 ...

Except that I also misfire on two other cylinders (4 & 5!)

Have you solved this mystery?

thank you!
    I bought the valve cover gasket the other day, and I will be installing it tomorrow along with the PCV2 check valve from @Rob@RBTurbo .

If it resolves the oil accumulation on cylinder 6, I will post pics. If not, probably valve seals/guides.

PS- I don't misfire though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick update:

Turns out I didn't need a valve cover gasket it seems. We found that pulling cylinder 6 plug again, it did not have an oil accumulation like it did on my older plugs. So we cleaned out cylinder 6 with brake cleaner and some pipe cleaners / rags, replaced with new plug, drove it for two weeks, no additional accumulation. Also added @Rob@RBTurbo upgraded PCV check valve with no additional issues.

I chalk it up to that POS BSH OCC. Running catch can-free now!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So u think the catch can caused it? I'm running catch can free also but have wondered if I should invest in one
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting that a restrictive OCC seems to be implicated here. Definitely give ours a shot at some point. I can't imagine an OCC setup being any less restrictive than ours. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Interesting that a restrictive OCC seems to be implicated here. Definitely give ours a shot at some point. I can't imagine an OCC setup being any less restrictive than ours. Click here to enlarge
    Ill just soak my FMIC once a year. Click here to enlargeCatch cans are the devil lol. Yours seems to be the only one that works though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you don't mind taking apart the IC to clean it then you can probably skip an OCC. But, remember that oil winds up in combustion too, lowering octane and causing knock in whatever cylinder it winds up in.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123