Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 112
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    What game did I play? Question and point out shortcomings that he's working out? Ok, good job Kalud...if you really think that's me you're so f blind
    No I don't. I appreciate what you've done (well, most of it). But you probably can't see it (or accept it) but you were constantly bashing directly or indirectly Shiv on all his thread. It was getting old. Not saying you didn't have valid point, its more it the method.

    Don't be rude with your f words, its useless. You hate the guy probably 100 on a scale or 0-100, that's fine. No need to hate everyone. I like you, I read your drama when I'm bored. Now you hate me more, damn... Well, I must say I seriously appreciate it a lot when you also post useful information like you do. Usually when you start a new thread. Now I hope I kept a neutral hate value from start to finish :p

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kalud Click here to enlarge
    No I don't. I appreciate what you've done (well, most of it). But you probably can't see it (or accept it) but you were constantly bashing directly or indirectly Shiv on all his thread. It was getting old. Not saying you didn't have valid point, its more it the method.

    Don't be rude with your f words, its useless. You hate the guy probably 100 on a scale or 0-100, that's fine. No need to hate everyone. I like you, I read your drama when I'm bored. Now you hate me more, damn... Well, I must say I seriously appreciate it a lot when you also post useful information like you do. Usually when you start a new thread. Now I hope I kept a neutral hate value from start to finish :p
    I see where you're going with this and it won't be pretty if we continue. If you re-read your posts you'll realize you're the one coming on here creating drama and stirring $#@!...good luck with that
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    I see where you're going with this and it won't be pretty if we continue. If you re-read your posts you'll realize you're the one coming on here creating drama and stirring $#@!...good luck with that
    Great, case closed.

    Now, any idea what the "New feature" will be ? Any positive to say about it ?

    To return on the original topic its was said:

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shiv
    I don't like giving teasers but I will say that this new function will do more than just monitor things
    Other than autotuning on the nosiest cylinder, what could it be ?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Points
    39.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    On a side note:

    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Back to your old trolling ways we see. Do yourself a favor and stop trolling against anything not labeled COBB, or your next ban will be permanent. Creating a secondary account to circumvent this ban will result in permanent/IP ban.
    Date the ban will be lifted: 06-11-2012, 11:00 AM
    LOL! i got banned from e90post yesterday for 2 months.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    LOL good job e90post
    yep

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SoCal (OC/Riverside)
    Posts
    510
    Rep Points
    466.4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    LOL! i got banned from e90post yesterday for 2 months.
    LOL you too Bryce? That's nuts...I guess we will be seeing more of you around here Click here to enlarge

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Points
    39.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ^yep. it was especially bull$#@!. i was calling out a mod for getting involved in a private sale and telling people to leave negative itrader comments. mods are supposed to stay out of private sales. oh well.


    and yes, i may spend more time over here for the next 2 months Click here to enlarge

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    937
    Rep Points
    562.7
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    speaking of itrader... $#@!er I bought my quaife from $#@!ed about me leaving feedback first and once I did he hasn't returned the favor... I have been very nice also. any recourse?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Points
    39.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    ^not really. i've sold a lot of things and never gotten an itrader point from the buyers.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Points
    1,377.1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    ^yep. it was especially bull$#@!. i was calling out a mod for getting involved in a private sale and telling people to leave negative itrader comments. mods are supposed to stay out of private sales. oh well.


    and yes, i may spend more time over here for the next 2 months Click here to enlarge
    Welcome to the club. Have a pos rep. Cheers.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    707.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    If you'll monitor 1, why monitor any of them lol that's always been a shortcoming...Shiv played it off as not needed every time, now he's added it...same old $#@! over and over...guys willing to put up with the bs are pretty pathetic...he could've just said he'll work on adding it but no, rather say its not needed, ban those asking about it all the while working hard to get it done and then release it with the next update lol same $#@! happened for v2 to 2.5/3 procede update...same $#@! will happen again...nothing new around here
    Repped and well said DZ.

    I'm sure one could put together an online "Shiv Journal" of all of the technical positions he ultimately does an about face on and releases as a new product etc. The problem with that is A) he's not worthy of such effort B) it would be kind of a sad comment on what one spends their time on.

    I learned a long time ago to not comment in his threads on E90 as I already knew what his answers would be. It's like the lesson at the end of the 1980s movie Wargames- "the only winning move is not to play."

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    937
    Rep Points
    562.7
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Hey Vas… now I will be the first to admit I’m not a computer guy… but I think you have some misconceptions. Both flashes and piggy’s are datalogging timing in the same way using CAN data. The actual timing adjustments are set per direct MAP and other parameters. With a piggy this is the same way in applying CPS offset primarily by MAP (not CAN data) and DME adjustments remain intact of course. Where CAN would be used for tuning timing is autotune. So per cylinder monitoring is used in the same way to confirm tuning parameters.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kalud Click here to enlarge
    Well, serves as a warning. Much like rep points here that mutes negative rep'ed.

    Can you create 1000 new accounts with proxy? Yes of course, but what would you do with vasillalov2 and vasillalov3 ? Complain ?

    I honestly don't care about post counts a single bit or for preserving usernames. I will voice my opinions when I choose to do so.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    242
    Rep Points
    621.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    On a side note:

    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Back to your old trolling ways we see. Do yourself a favor and stop trolling against anything not labeled COBB, or your next ban will be permanent. Creating a secondary account to circumvent this ban will result in permanent/IP ban.Date the ban will be lifted: 06-11-2012, 11:00 AM
    I see you've run afoul of the master Shiv ball licker over there. I was actually enjoying reading your posts in that thread; hard to imagine E90 not promoting open discussion and debate...and you really are a damn troll! (sarcasm)

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Hey Vas… now I will be the first to admit I’m not a computer guy… but I think you have some misconceptions. Both flashes and piggy’s are datalogging timing in the same way using CAN data. The actual timing adjustments are set per direct MAP and other parameters. With a piggy this is the same way in applying CPS offset primarily by MAP (not CAN data) and DME adjustments remain intact of course. Where CAN would be used for tuning timing is autotune. So per cylinder monitoring is used in the same way to confirm tuning parameters.

    Josh,

    There is one large difference. DME has direct link (dedicated wires) to the engine components but has only one interface to the CAN bus. It then chooses to send any data it sees fit at a frequency it sees fit over the CAN BUS. That's where Procede gets its signals from. This has nothing to do with datalogging at all. Procede has to wait for the DME to send the data over the CAN bus, interpret it and then feed it back into the system while trying to trick the DME.

    I am probably not explaining it properly... Let me try this then: the CAN bus is just a communication gateway for the DME. It talks on the CAN bus when it wants to talk to it and more importantly when it is allowed to talk to it. It's a BUS system, meaning one controller at a time can use it. So basically, the DME theoretically can make 10 adjustments and announce on the CAN bus that it only did 5 of them. So now, piggies will only see 5 out of these messages. This is fine for datalogging and such, but might be problematic for tuning.

    As the rpms go up, you'd expect that the DME will increase the amount of messages it sends over its CAN interface. However, we are talking about real time processing here, so any data that's stale will be dropped. This is where CAN bus becomes unreliable.

    Is it making a bit sense now? Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,212
    Rep Points
    9,337.7
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    FWIW aside from n54tech I actually check this forum a lot more often than e90post these days. When everyone can speak their mind the conversion is a lot more interesting. Sooner or later it will catch on that the real tech talk is over here and that e90post is just for noobs. Click here to enlarge

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    FWIW aside from n54tech I actually check this forum a lot more often than e90post these days. When everyone can speak their mind the conversion is a lot more interesting. Sooner or later it will catch on that the real tech talk is over here and that e90post is just for noobs. Click here to enlarge
    and that's what I'm hoping for as well. I really hope that people with real tech knowledge would jump ship to this forum whether they're pro -COBB/JB/Procede. i'll go to e90post for regional forums and private sale forums
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,059
    Rep Points
    1,149.7
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Dammit I was in a meeting all day and missed it. Though it's about time 6cyl monitoring came out on piggies. Judging by the crazy amounts of corrections going on there, there will likely be some adjustments made to the timing table in the future map releases. It will probably look like cobbs curve. Just a hunch.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    937
    Rep Points
    562.7
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Josh,

    There is one large difference. DME has direct link (dedicated wires) to the engine components but has only one interface to the CAN bus. It then chooses to send any data it sees fit at a frequency it sees fit over the CAN BUS. That's where Procede gets its signals from. This has nothing to do with datalogging at all. Procede has to wait for the DME to send the data over the CAN bus, interpret it and then feed it back into the system while trying to trick the DME.

    I am probably not explaining it properly... Let me try this then: the CAN bus is just a communication gateway for the DME. It talks on the CAN bus when it wants to talk to it and more importantly when it is allowed to talk to it. It's a BUS system, meaning one controller at a time can use it. So basically, the DME theoretically can make 10 adjustments and announce on the CAN bus that it only did 5 of them. So now, piggies will only see 5 out of these messages. This is fine for datalogging and such, but might be problematic for tuning.

    As the rpms go up, you'd expect that the DME will increase the amount of messages it sends over its CAN interface. However, we are talking about real time processing here, so any data that's stale will be dropped. This is where CAN bus becomes unreliable.

    Is it making a bit sense now? Click here to enlarge
    This is your misconception Vas. Procede and JB base tuning off direct signals: MAP, CPS, WB, rail pressure, and others… along with CAN data. You need to understand how a tune works before you can bash it. The point of the piggy is to tune some parameters, but let the DME have its control also.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Points
    39.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    also, look closely at the datalog shiv provided. it's not your typical WOT 3-4 pull. i personally don't think the cylinders are that noisy, look at the boost graph

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Josh,

    There is one large difference. DME has direct link (dedicated wires) to the engine components but has only one interface to the CAN bus. It then chooses to send any data it sees fit at a frequency it sees fit over the CAN BUS. That's where Procede gets its signals from. This has nothing to do with datalogging at all. Procede has to wait for the DME to send the data over the CAN bus, interpret it and then feed it back into the system while trying to trick the DME.

    I am probably not explaining it properly... Let me try this then: the CAN bus is just a communication gateway for the DME. It talks on the CAN bus when it wants to talk to it and more importantly when it is allowed to talk to it. It's a BUS system, meaning one controller at a time can use it. So basically, the DME theoretically can make 10 adjustments and announce on the CAN bus that it only did 5 of them. So now, piggies will only see 5 out of these messages. This is fine for datalogging and such, but might be problematic for tuning.

    As the rpms go up, you'd expect that the DME will increase the amount of messages it sends over its CAN interface. However, we are talking about real time processing here, so any data that's stale will be dropped. This is where CAN bus becomes unreliable.

    Is it making a bit sense now? Click here to enlarge
    In a general stand point it all make sense, but I disagree on the part where increased RPM means increased CAN messages. I might be wrong, but what kind of messages should increase with RPM ? Injection / spark to name a few are not CAN based but direct connection (wire). Of course, going faster and loosing control of the rear wheels generates more DSC related CAN messages...

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,738
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Silly moderators on e90 think bimmberboost will be the end of e90. The way its working out Shiv will be the end of e90. Maybe they will start blurring out that four letter demon word? Idiots still chose to support this guy, unreal.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    This is your misconception Vas. Procede and JB base tuning off direct signals: MAP, CPS, WB, rail pressure, and others… along with CAN data. You need to understand how a tune works before you can bash it. The point of the piggy is to tune some parameters, but let the DME have its control also.

    Josh and everyone else,

    Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no other way of getting the individual cyl timing values outside of CAN, right? If so, then the only way piggies will be able to get that data is through CAN bus, correct? Which means we are back to what I was saying, no?
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    And just to clarify one more thing:

    I am in no way claiming that getting the individual cylinder ignition timing values is impossible or hard to do. Clearly it is not. All I am saying is that the CAN bus might drop messages SILENTLY. That's all. In my book, that's an unreliable input, but you are welcome to disagree with me.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Josh and everyone else,

    Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no other way of getting the individual cyl timing values outside of CAN, right? If so, then the only way piggies will be able to get that data is through CAN bus, correct? Which means we are back to what I was saying, no?
    The only way I personally know is through CAN bus, coupled with the CPS signal. Someone could check the coilpack power feed for instantaneous values but I really don't see how that would be useful as the DME is already doing that part of the work and is actually controlling individual cylinder advance/retard.

    CPS offset is global based on a much slower adaptation process (based on a table with load/rpm) and is no way like 15 degree over stock, so while the DME retard one single cylinder advance based on knock, it is really retarding it.

    One think I have no idea is what kind of authority it has. If the piggyback adds global advance I assume the DME can remove it all through individual cylinder correction based on knock sensor feedback. I am pretty sure it does retard timing until the knock sensor value gets to a "normal" value. Its not like if it hears noise it retards by 2.5 degree and stop listening... Click here to enlarge

    After your ninja edit, here's another answer.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    I am in no way claiming that getting the individual cylinder ignition timing values is impossible or hard to do. Clearly it is not. All I am saying is that the CAN bus might drop messages SILENTLY. That's all. In my book, that's an unreliable input, but you are welcome to disagree with me.
    I see those CAN cylinder advance information as short/medium term information, not real-time information. I don't think it needs to be available for each engine rotation, but either way its available at least every 3 or so (31ms vs 8.6ms), so based on the fact that its the DME's job to retard timing based on instantaneous knock noise then it looks fine to me.
    Last edited by Kalud; 04-11-2012 at 04:53 PM.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kalud Click here to enlarge

    One think I have no idea is what kind of authority it has. If the piggyback adds global advance I assume the DME can remove it all through individual cylinder correction based on knock sensor feedback. I am pretty sure it does retard timing until the knock sensor value gets to a "normal" value. Its not like if it hears noise it retards by 2.5 degree and stop listening... Click here to enlarge
    Right. I see what you mean here. So potentially speaking, there could be a situation where the piggies command timing advance and the DME attempts to pull timing due to cyl noise. That's not something we want to be happening, correct?
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •