Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 112
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    ^^ Good attitude! +1 rep point from me.

    And yes, everyone here knows that this individual cyl. timing is a good thing for Procede users. For as long as you are clear on how Shiv operates, then all is good. We are just upset with his methods. Way too many sheep think Procede is the "Jesus Tune"
    Seriously I don't care what people think, I do my own homework. But I like going here from time to time to read the drama and unidirectional bashing towards Vishnu. I find it pretty entertaining to say the least, but its the internet, everyone is Jesus anyway.

    For sure there is no "Jesus Tune" its why I own more than one.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kalud Click here to enlarge
    You assume the piggybacks cannot read fast enough at high RPM, fine that you opinion.
    No, no. I think you misunderstood me. I am highly confident that Procede (as a black box unit itself) has enough processing power to read at high enough frequency. I am saying that CAN output becomes unreliable at high rpms AND when lots of channels are logged simultaneously, which is what ends up as input for Proceed.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,216
    Rep Points
    9,354.1
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Though I think it is great that this is coming to piggy's as well, hope BMS adds this to the JB4 as well (if it is possible without flashing the DME) I would love to listen to all cylinders...
    I had it working a few months ago but a requirement for what I was doing was that the Cobb flash was loaded on top of the JB4. I haven't really spent any time on it since, but if it's possible without flashing we will add it. Monitoring all cylinders is definitely better than 1. And if I had to pick just one to monitor it would be #5.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    No, no. I think you misunderstood me. I am highly confident that Procede (as a black box unit itself) has enough processing power to read at high enough frequency. I am saying that CAN output becomes unreliable at high rpms AND when lots of channels are logged simultaneously, which is what ends up as input for Proceed.
    Sounds good, I see your idea. Still just an "idea". Nothing enough to convince me, but who cares, you don't have to. If you have facts then show them, I would certainly be more than happy to know.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    . And if I had to pick just one to monitor it would be #5.

    Just out of curiosity, what are you currently using in JB4/CPS module?
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kalud Click here to enlarge
    Sounds good, I see your idea. Still just an "idea". Nothing enough to convince me, but who cares, you don't have to. If you have facts then show them, I would certainly be more than happy to know.

    Well, for one CAN bus is a serial bus, not a parallel one. That on itself is a major restriction.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I had it working a few months ago but a requirement for what I was doing was that the Cobb flash was loaded on top of the JB4. I haven't really spent any time on it since, but if it's possible without flashing we will add it. Monitoring all cylinders is definitely better than 1. And if I had to pick just one to monitor it would be #5.
    Terry why not release it to people running JB4 on top of COBB. I for once would love to have feature.
    The only reason I haven't yet bought BMS WW meth kit is that I would lose the ability to log all cylinders.
    this would be a great interim solution for us till you release a version that works with stock tune!!
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,216
    Rep Points
    9,354.1
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Just out of curiosity, what are you currently using in JB4/CPS module?
    Don't understand the question? On our 2008 135i we've mostly had the "BigTurbo" board for the last few weeks, which is a little different than the normal board. Boost control is different, fueling resistors are different, has CPS, etc. And we'd like to get it to the point that it can monitor advance on all 6 cylinders.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Don't understand the question? On our 2008 135i we've mostly had the "BigTurbo" board for the last few weeks, which is a little different than the normal board. Boost control is different, fueling resistors are different, has CPS, etc. And we'd like to get it to the point that it can monitor advance on all 6 cylinders.
    I think he meant what cylinder are you monitoring with the JB4/CPS module
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,216
    Rep Points
    9,354.1
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    Terry why not release it to people running JB4 on top of COBB. I for once would love to have feature.
    The only reason I haven't yet bought BMS WW meth kit is that I would lose the ability to log all cylinders.
    this would be a great interim solution for us till you release a version that works with stock tune!!
    It would take a lot of programming to finalize it, so I'd rather focus on getting it working on the OEM flash to avoid double work, but if that becomes impossible then we'll just enable it for those running on top of Cobb.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,216
    Rep Points
    9,354.1
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    I think he meant what cylinder are you monitoring with the JB4/CPS module
    It's always been cylinder 1 in the production JB4 firmware.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's always been cylinder 1 in the production JB4 firmware.

    Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, that's what I was asking... So why implement it on cyl 1 when you just said you'd prefer it to be on number 5?
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Well, for one CAN bus is a serial bus, not a parallel one. That on itself is a major restriction.
    Yes, as the SATA, USB and most high speed communications channels are now these years... Not sure how "major" that restriction is. (not saying its not, just maybe its not) I like that speculation game so far, its nowhere like entertaining but its for sure not productive. As either way it won't do anything. Where is that pic of "Sorry, I am busy arguing on the internet, I must win that battle" ?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,216
    Rep Points
    9,354.1
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, that's what I was asking... So why implement it on cyl 1 when you just said you'd prefer it to be on number 5?
    The same reason that many things are done vs. theoretically better alternatives. It was much easier and good enough. Click here to enlarge Cylinder1 is a standard logging PID that we were able to copy from the BT. To get 2-6 we need to find a tool that logs them to reverse out how to do it. I monitored what Cobb is doing and started reading their PIDs but I'm not sure that is the way we want to go. What I need to do is find a better tool to see what the alternative options are. But admittedly it's not really a high priority compared to some of the other projects we are working on. Once single turbo manifolds are out there it will become a much higher priority.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    I am in no way trying to "win a battle" here. LOL Click here to enlarge Not at all. Click here to enlarge Please, don't take this wrong. Click here to enlarge

    Here is some additional reading material, since I like your curiosity:

    http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/canbus.htm

    Particularly, the first paragraph in the Nerdy section.

    BTW, I don't think comparing SATA and USB interfaces to CAN bus is a valid one. They transfer data sequentially and rely heavily on buffering to achieve their speeds. Embedded electronics are significantly different because everything has to be processed real time with minimum or no buffering.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The same reason that many things are done vs. theoretically better alternatives. It was much easier and good enough. Click here to enlarge Cylinder1 is a standard logging PID that we were able to copy from the BT. To get 2-6 we need to find a tool that logs them to reverse out how to do it. I monitored what Cobb is doing and started reading their PIDs but I'm not sure that is the way we want to go. What I need to do is find a better tool to see what the alternative options are. But admittedly it's not really a high priority compared to some of the other projects we are working on. Once single turbo manifolds are out there it will become a much higher priority.

    Got it. Thanks! Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    On a side note:

    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Back to your old trolling ways we see. Do yourself a favor and stop trolling against anything not labeled COBB, or your next ban will be permanent. Creating a secondary account to circumvent this ban will result in permanent/IP ban.
    Date the ban will be lifted: 06-11-2012, 11:00 AM
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    566
    Rep Points
    577.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    On a side note:

    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Back to your old trolling ways we see. Do yourself a favor and stop trolling against anything not labeled COBB, or your next ban will be permanent. Creating a secondary account to circumvent this ban will result in permanent/IP ban.
    Date the ban will be lifted: 06-11-2012, 11:00 AM

    What?! you got this for writing in shiv's thread on all cylinders timing monitoring???

    Edit: Your posts got deleted as well!
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

    '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    On a side note:

    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Back to your old trolling ways we see. Do yourself a favor and stop trolling against anything not labeled COBB, or your next ban will be permanent. Creating a secondary account to circumvent this ban will result in permanent/IP ban.
    Date the ban will be lifted: 06-11-2012, 11:00 AM
    LOL good job e90post
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    I am in no way trying to "win a battle" here. LOL Click here to enlarge Not at all. Click here to enlarge Please, don't take this wrong. Click here to enlarge

    Here is some additional reading material, since I like your curiosity:

    http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/canbus.htm

    Particularly, the first paragraph in the Nerdy section.

    BTW, I don't think comparing SATA and USB interfaces to CAN bus is a valid one. They transfer data sequentially and rely heavily on buffering to achieve their speeds. Embedded electronics are significantly different because everything has to be processed real time with minimum or no buffering.
    I am well aware of that, I actually did some try to catch some powertrain CAN packets between the DSC, DME and the VGSG to defeat (soft disable) the transfer case on the xi for some time already... And still I don't have the "feeling" that its not fast enough like you pretend. I don't care much more, I am done, it was nice arguing with you. It was fun, but its useless. Nothing but assumption will ever be said it seems.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    On a side note:

    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Back to your old trolling ways we see. Do yourself a favor and stop trolling against anything not labeled COBB, or your next ban will be permanent. Creating a secondary account to circumvent this ban will result in permanent/IP ban.
    Date the ban will be lifted: 06-11-2012, 11:00 AM
    I really hope you knew it was a matter of timer right ? I mean, from my screen side of thing it was like you was asking for it for months... You bring useful things to the community sometimes (and I appreciate it) and pollute threads like there is no tomorrow the rest of the time. Time to learn from mistakes.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    LOL good job e90post
    Not like its a surprise right ?

    That's the way e90post is, you keep bashing a vendor and you get banned, pretty simple... Its sad that people keep pushing the limits while knowing the "rules". Vasillalov has a lot of good stuff to bring to the community, but can't resist to play that game. I guess he'll get back after is ban in a more civilized way, or play the game you played and get a perm ban.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    IP bans are useless. Click here to enlarge

    Yeah, I'll be back. Has anyone ever thought that perhaps I wanted to be banned? Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    On a side note:

    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Back to your old trolling ways we see. Do yourself a favor and stop trolling against anything not labeled COBB, or your next ban will be permanent. Creating a secondary account to circumvent this ban will result in permanent/IP ban.
    Date the ban will be lifted: 06-11-2012, 11:00 AM
    It's all about the wording man, don't mention Cobb but make the people think twice and your job is complete. We can use the candid language here. Click here to enlarge

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kalud Click here to enlarge
    I guess he'll get back after is ban in a more civilized way, or play the game you played and get a perm ban.
    What game did I play? Question and point out shortcomings that he's working out? Ok, good job Kalud...if you really think that's me you're so f blind
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    IP bans are useless. Click here to enlarge
    Well, serves as a warning. Much like rep points here that mutes negative rep'ed.

    Can you create 1000 new accounts with proxy? Yes of course, but what would you do with vasillalov2 and vasillalov3 ? Complain ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •