Close

Thread: New 1M

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

New 1M

Hey All, I lashed out and bought a 1M a couple of weeks ago and am loving driving it. I'm having such a ball driving a manual. I think its made driving fun again!

I wasn't gonna get one of these as they've sold their allocation in Aus as far as I know, but a last minute order cancellation popped up and my dealer called me. How could I resist?

Couple of things I'm mindful of, its much thirstier than my previous car (benz c250 cdi) but I expected that, and also the front bumper is kinda low - so I've gotta be mindful of that to avoid ripping it off!

As some of you know, this car runs north of $100K in Aus, big difference to the US. But in my opinion its one of the best sports cars for sale in Aus right now.

Here are a few pics of the beast. Enjoy!

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    congratulations! drive it hard

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Nice car man, congrats.
    Question. If you had picked it yourself, would you have orderd the car in white also?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good question. Well I was having trouble deciding on a colour, and the Aus models are fairly loaded. I believe that sunroof, comfort access and heated seats are the only options we have. I wouldn't have wanted any of those, so I pretty much would have chosen this car to build I think Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Very nice ride man, enjoy it and make sure to give it a regular good beating, enjoyment for both the car and the owner Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks mate, I fully intend on doing this once I completed the first 2000kms. Hoping to take it to a track day some time in June / July this year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mtarone Click here to enlarge
    Hey All, I lashed out and bought a 1M a couple of weeks ago and am loving driving it. I'm having such a ball driving a manual. I think its made driving fun again!

I wasn't gonna get one of these as they've sold their allocation in Aus as far as I know, but a last minute order cancellation popped up and my dealer called me. How could I resist?

Couple of things I'm mindful of, its much thirstier than my previous car (benz c250 cdi) but I expected that, and also the front bumper is kinda low - so I've gotta be mindful of that to avoid ripping it off!

As some of you know, this car runs north of $100K in Aus, big difference to the US. But in my opinion its one of the best sports cars for sale in Aus right now.

Here are a few pics of the beast. Enjoy!

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Welcome and congrats on the ride!
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Good question. Well I was having trouble deciding on a colour, and the Aus models are fairly loaded. I believe that sunroof, comfort access and heated seats are the only options we have. I wouldn't have wanted any of those, so I pretty much would have chosen this car to build I think Click here to enlarge
    That means you were a very lucky guy! no compromizes and the car you wanted with no waiting time.
    I would reconsidder on the comfort access though, it is a highly underrated accesoire but it is immensely practical.
    It is the best accesoire I actually had put on my car for daily use, but at the time I just thought of it as a nice gadget. It can be put in after delivery of the car as far as I know.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I love comfort access as well. Great feature for a daily driver. I love my 1M!

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you here. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Awesome, I'm jealous! The handling of the m3 and the great N54 engine! Plus a great price... Perfect combo! Why BMW didn't make more is a mystery to me....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I'm kinda happy they didnt make more, I like the relative exclusivity of the car. Jeez its fun to drive. Can't wait to really start nailing it once I have worn the engine and gearbox in a bit more.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Awesome, I'm jealous! The handling of the m3 and the great N54 engine! Plus a great price... Perfect combo! Why BMW didn't make more is a mystery to me....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone successfully used the "Internet" function in iDrive? I have an iphone 4 and tried using it but it just sits there with the circle spinning like its trying to connect? I've joined it for data/music/telephone, not sure what else I'm supposed to do? Do I need to activate the personal hotspot feature on the iphone?

I'm not really busting to use it, I had this on the 2011 comand system on my benz and to be honest it was slow and clunky, so I never used it. This kinda looks the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, I'm lucky alright.

You've sparked my interest in CA - I need to go to the dealer to drop off some old rego docs. for the X5 I traded to get to the 1M, so I'll take a play with a car that has it and get a price on fitting it.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    That means you were a very lucky guy! no compromizes and the car you wanted with no waiting time.
    I would reconsidder on the comfort access though, it is a highly underrated accesoire but it is immensely practical.
    It is the best accesoire I actually had put on my car for daily use, but at the time I just thought of it as a nice gadget. It can be put in after delivery of the car as far as I know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks mate. Look forward to learning a bit more about modding the N54 here.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Welcome and congrats on the ride!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Has anyone successfully used the "Internet" function in iDrive? I have an iphone 4 and tried using it but it just sits there with the circle spinning like its trying to connect? I've joined it for data/music/telephone, not sure what else I'm supposed to do? Do I need to activate the personal hotspot feature on the iphone?

I'm not really busting to use it, I had this on the 2011 comand system on my benz and to be honest it was slow and clunky, so I never used it. This kinda looks the same.
    Does it use the internet through your phone or is it through BMW and the car somehow?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Does it use the internet through your phone or is it through BMW and the car somehow?
    I believe it users the "personal hotspot" feature of the iphone. But so far no luck. I'll try deleting and repairing it. As I said before I'm not really fussed if it doesn't work, its not really a feature I'd use regularly anyway.