Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Had the same issue. Go back to 7-29 maps until Shiv is able to address this. He posted yesterday that he is working on a fix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335rocks Click here to enlarge
    Had the same issue. Go back to 7-29 maps until Shiv is able to address this. He posted yesterday that he is working on a fix.
    Previous maps don't have this issue?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335rocks Click here to enlarge
    Hello.

I didn't like the 7-29 maps all that much. I just got new beta maps in the mail and will give them a shot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update: the new beta maps fix this issue. I think they're now available for all users.

Glad I didn't replace more hardware!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a boost profile (untested as of yet) that would probably give you the "feel" of the agressive maps but on 7-29 maps. They require a little fuel enrichment, but I havnt put the tune back in yet to ensure that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Autobahn335i, mind posting a log?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Autobahn335i, mind posting a log?
    Unfortunately I can't datalog as my f-ing Vista Laptop won't stay connected to the Procede. I'll need to borrow a netbook from a friend, but that will take some time.

However there was a log posted on the other forum displaying the issue, culminating in the limp mode.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea I saw those, the dyno runs. I couldnt tell which AFR belonged to which run, but by nature of the issue I assume its the leaner of the two (except stock run) by about 1/4 point? Just curious on DME sensitivity. The old agressive maps must have been riding the code threashold pretty hard. Makes me wonder why Shiv hated such rich AFRs and then began implementing them OTS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Yea I saw those, the dyno runs. I couldnt tell which AFR belonged to which run, but by nature of the issue I assume its the leaner of the two (except stock run) by about 1/4 point? Just curious on DME sensitivity. The old agressive maps must have been riding the code threashold pretty hard. Makes me wonder why Shiv hated such rich AFRs and then began implementing them OTS.
    Yes the new maps are leaner apparently, mostly in the midrange and at the top end. My car didn't like the previous maps too much. I was always feeling some kind of small engine-induced drivetrain vibrations when going WOT in high gears. So far the new beta maps have adressed this. We'll see how they behave in hotter temps. My car is pretty sensitive to temperature changes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff! I still think that initial AFR targeting blows, but upper midrange ~11.8 is too rich for me. No happy medium.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunately I can't datalog as my f-ing Vista Laptop won't stay connected to the Procede. I'll need to borrow a netbook from a friend, but that will take some time.

However there was a log posted on the other forum displaying the issue, culminating in the limp mode.
    What serial-to-USB cable are you using? If it's not based on an FTDI chipset, then that will be your problem. My cheap chinese cable worked fine with my old laptop, but with my new laptop it only stayed connected for a few secs. With a FTDI-chipset based cable it was rock solid.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Update: the new beta maps fix this issue. I think they're now available for all users.

Glad I didn't replace more hardware!
    The 6MT stage 3 maps doesn't seem to be updated correctly. Can someone else check if the open fuel loop mapping for the stg3 6MT maps look identical to the stg3 6AT maps? It looks like all other maps were updated except the 6MT stg 3 one? Currently running Stg2 maps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can open the maps and see the changes if you are so inclined. The "fix" to his problem is entertaining. He reverted back to less fuel pressure attenuation for a quick fix and then leaned out AFR targets to reduce the fuel trims. Lazy. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You can open the maps and see the changes if you are so inclined. The "fix" to his problem is entertaining. He reverted back to less fuel pressure attenuation for a quick fix and then leaned out AFR targets to reduce the fuel trims. Lazy. Click here to enlarge
    What is the proper fix?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Its so funny. He's done that so many times. All the various map updates. He'll make a mellower map then after make it more aggressive just to keep the sheep going Click here to enlarge

@Sticky, there is no "fix" really...Shiv went too happy on upping fuel pressure and now backed it out...fuel will always be an issue there just the nature of the beast
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Its so funny. He's done that so many times. All the various map updates. He'll make a mellower map then after make it more aggressive just to keep the sheep going Click here to enlarge

@Sticky , there is no "fix" really...Shiv went too happy on upping fuel pressure and now backed it out...fuel will always be an issue there just the nature of the beast
    How does the JB4 handle this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A better question is how would Terry handle this...he'd tell you just to drop fuel pressure a bit done...not take advantage of the situation to market a false fix with 10 additional whp when you had that 10whp there to begin with Click here to enlarge

All the more reason to question Shiv's character and not his tune yet again
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem here is Shiv and I are playing with the same basic tools. So I'd rather not give him any good ideas. But I'm pretty sure he knows or at least has a feeling of alternative solutions other than just changing the map values. The problem for him is they require firmware work. I can just hunker down with a Mt. Dew over night and bang out firmware changes. He on the other hand has to phone ahead 15 hours in to the future for firmware updates and hope his programmer doesn't have higher priorities going with his normal job. Click here to enlarge Or maybe he spent all his firmware resources on single turbo stuff. Who knows. But like I said the fix is a bit lazy IMHO. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    A better question is how would Terry handle this...he'd tell you just to drop fuel pressure a bit done...not take advantage of the situation to market a false fix with 10 additional whp when you had that 10whp there to begin with Click here to enlarge

All the more reason to question Shiv's character and not his tune yet again
    There does seem to be a history of over-hyped map updates, and under-hyped reversals. "DIC" ring a bell? How about his traction control boondoggle? My favorite was the V2 upgrade in 2008. But I digress, my posts are starting to sound a bit too haterish, so I'll back off this thread a bit. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

JB4 BT > Procede

I may even run it standalone since it has CPS. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can modify the OL map or adjust the OL scaler in the user adjustable menu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12