Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your going to feel a nice bump in power when u go catless. Your also goin to feel a loss, a slight loss in the midrange. Well, I don't think its a loss, but just less of a gain if that makes sense.

I was.set against getting a tune. All I wanted was catless and the cel gone (BMS takes care of that). But now that I have the Evolve tune, I'm very happy with it. Your going to feel more power than when you go.catless for sure..that's not even the best part..

I recently went back to stock tune to see the difference. Hear me when I say this-the Evolve tune does much more than add power. It smoothes out the powerband, but it also smoothed out the entire car. Stock the dct felt notchy, like something was wrong or loose. The throttle response was delayed and slow, even with M on. Now, Evolve.tuned, everything is crisp and proper, the way it should be. It's worth getting ASAP for those reasons alone, not even the additional power.

But since you bring up power, its a little known fact that I have the US N/A 60-130 record with the tune. I'm 2nd overall and thats with no real effort, full street setup. Something some bias fanboys refuse to recognise on M3post. So yea, its got the power too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the info....when you say loss in midrange...is that because most of the catless hp gain up at the top (6-8,000 rpm)? Do you notice any changes down low?

I was sold on the Evolve tune before i read this thread...now even more so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't think of it as a loss, its more like a certain rpm range your not gaining as much as you are in the other areas, so it "feels" like a loss

Down low you may not feel anything

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cool, ok. Not nearly as important, but did you notice much of a volume difference with the exhaust? I wouldnt mind a little added volume, but not obnoxious...I already have an aftermarket cat back exhaust.

Did you ever go into limp mode? Ive heard this is not possible multiple times, but one vendor said it was possible. I think he was full of crap and just saying that to sell a tune...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fen335i Click here to enlarge
    cool, ok. Not nearly as important, but did you notice much of a volume difference with the exhaust? I wouldnt mind a little added volume, but not obnoxious...I already have an aftermarket cat back exhaust.

Did you ever go into limp mode? Ive heard this is not possible multiple times, but one vendor said it was possible. I think he was full of crap and just saying that to sell a tune...
    No,limp modes.ever on this car.

As for sound, it will only slightly add to it. It will keep whatever character your rear has, maybe a bit more volume though. Still stock X-pipe? If so your golden.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool, thanks. Yep, still oem xpipe with resonators and secondaries. I've thought about gutting the secondaries, but I've heard it adds a lot of volume along with some rasp. I wouldnt mind some volume, but dont want the rasp. Plus the secondaries help to cut some of the smell with the primaries gone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unless you go with the full Evolve valved setup, stay with stock x pipe/cat delete pipes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Unless you go with the full Evolve valved setup, stay with stock x pipe/cat delete pipes
    Y?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if he doesnt want louder, then stay as close to what he has now. Unless valved so he can go loud or quite

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here's a dyno that Evolve Automotive has posted awhile back. They are very picky when it comes to dynoing their cars, so I imagine that these are going to be fairly accurate, precise, and consistent.

The minimal gains that LostMarine mentions in the midpower sounds to be very accurate. With these high strung motors, it's rather expected to have an exponentially growing gain as the revs rise.

Click here to enlarge

@LostMarine : I may have missed it, but what were your 60-130 times with your bolt ons and tune?
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    any fbo 335's in my area wanna come out and play? Ill make you famous Click here to enlarge
    No meth on my car, but I'm gonna have @jhershorin build me a FBO E85/93 tune hopefully by the end of the month. Once it's done I'll bother you + see if we can see how it handles the ///M3 Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well, if you keep up with the M after next week, ill be very surprised Click here to enlarge

10.10 - LostMarine 09 DCT E92 M3-BMC Air filter, Turner pipes, Exhaust dumps,
    Evolve Tune
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ml#post3531132

and a thread here, but not sure where

actually, this is the real order:
    9.70 - Madsex343 / E92 M3 DCT / Full Bolt On's, ESS Tune / 2 shifts
    10.10 - LostMarine 09 DCT E92 M3-BMC Air filter, Turner pipes,
    Exhaust dumps, Evolve Tune
    10.49 - Mijsa / E90 M3 DCT / Full
    Bolt On's, Tune & Cams / 3 shifts
    10.71 - DLSJ5 / E92 M3
    DCT / Full Bolt On's, GIAC Tune / 3 shifts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Weird feeling I'm about to be the scrub that gets his a-hole blown open on YouTube Click here to enlarge

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Weird feeling I'm about to be the scrub that gets his a-hole blown open on YouTube Click here to enlarge
    Theres no shame in loosing, only not showing up Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha thanks for the comforting words.... I'll let you know when I get the ProTune done & organize something

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Reviving an older thread here. Lost Marine - im going catless (primaries only), and curious whatnyour experience was when you were catless without the Evolve tune? im going the same direction and will eventually go with the Evolve tune, but will have to go without a tune for a few months. Im assuming ill see some nice gains felt from the seat of my pants....but sounds like the tune makes it that much better
    Catless cars can run more timing and changes can be made to the intake and exhaust vanos maps to maximize cylinder filing. The reduced back pressure helps quite a bit for making more power.

LostM: You had some issues with CEL.. did that stuff get resolved? What did it wind up being?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Theres no shame in loosing, only not showing up Click here to enlarge
    No shame in spelling losing wrong either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike Benvo Click here to enlarge
    Catless cars can run more timing and changes can be made to the intake and exhaust vanos maps to maximize cylinder filing. The reduced back pressure helps quite a bit for making more power.

LostM: You had some issues with CEL.. did that stuff get resolved? What did it wind up being?
    bad 02 sensors, just as Sal had said from day one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No shame in spelling losing wrong either.
    was on the droid, it likes to do that as well as add "."'s in the middle of words

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    well i had some test pipes put on yesterday...car feels good so far. I can feel the power up top....and it added a little bit of volume to my exhaust. But only really noticeable when wot. Perfect...just what I wanted.

Now on to the tune to maximize the mod.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't mean go off topic but what are eveyones thoughts on test pipes w/ OE XPipe versus the Evolve XPipe with 200CEL cats, both with the Evolve Stage 2 Tune?

I am trying to decide between the two...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well of course my response will be biased, but I dont see how any of the aftermarket xpipes are really worth the money if power is what you are after. Now sound is a different story, but for power gains the biggest restrictions are the primary cats, and to a much lesser extent the secondary cats. The oem xpipe is actually engineered pretty well in my opinion...sure, its not the prettiest, but who cares, you arent ever going to see it!

cat deletes to your existing oem xpipe and a tune will yield excellent results for a fraction of the cost of the aftermarket xpipes that essentially do the same thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well of course my response will be biased, but I dont see how any of the aftermarket xpipes are really worth the money if power is what you are after. Now sound is a different story, but for power gains the biggest restrictions are the primary cats, and to a much lesser extent the secondary cats. The oem xpipe is actually engineered pretty well in my opinion...sure, its not the prettiest, but who cares, you arent ever going to see it!
    An X-pipe that eliminates the cats is a great place to pick up power. Just removing the cats themselves isn't quite as good as a quality X-pipe.

I deleted cats and ran well but made more power with a full/proper exhaust. Definitely far more cost effective to just delete the cats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

cat deletes to your existing oem xpipe and a tune will yield excellent results for a fraction of the cost of the aftermarket xpipes that essentially do the same thing.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    An X-pipe that eliminates the cats is a great place to pick up power. Just removing the cats themselves isn't quite as good as a quality X-pipe.

I deleted cats and ran well but made more power with a full/proper exhaust. Definitely far more cost effective to just delete the cats.
    Thanks for the heads up. After chatting with @LostMarine , I am so tempted to finally start modding the E90 M3. I might go ahead with the full Evolve XPipe with 200CEL cats, then further down the road, the Evolve E-Tronic Muffler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    E-tronic is the way to go man.. so versatile..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast