Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    heres how i was thinking of it...
    you buy a used aem ems in addition to the one you already have( there seem to be alot for sale these days). have one ems dedicated for ethanol the other for your pump/meth/race etc. fuel maps....when you want to run e85 just pull up and fill up your empty tank with e85. meanwhile you open the hood and swap the ems. its a work around but not too troublesome. your gonna have to check your ethanol content yourself anyway when using the aem everytime you fill up with ethanol at the pump right?
    I could live with that. Easily, I think. What is the time to swap ECU's for a medium fast/slow wrench like me? What happens to adaptations and stuff like that? Would I need some sort of reset tool or any special tools? What can I look to spend for a used ECU? They dont have to be specially coded for my car? I am a vert. Would i need an ECU from a vert? We have special needs with our windows and such.

I should only have to use pump very rarely I believe, except maybe on very long trip when I can just leave it in pump gas tune. i plan on getting the $500 in car E85 gauge and flex sender on the return line of my fuel cell. I use my fuel cell only for E85. I plan on leaving my main tank for gasoline. If i ever do use my main tank for E85, I have really good fuel transfer pump to pump the tank dry. The gauge is used mostly for monitoring any low blend mistakes made by the E85 suppliers. I would need to know if i had a batch of 79%, say. I could choose low boost and be OK. I will have a high/low boost switch too. or some sort of boost control.
    Last edited by Bdave; 04-23-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    the aem ems is mounted onto the bracket. its kinda of a PITA to get the bracket off the firewall so you can get to the hardware holding the ems onto the bracket but after that you just pull the connectors and mount the other 'e85 dedicated' aem ems to the bracket and reattach the connectors. i've always zip tied the connectors onto the ems to insure they don't come loose. about couple mins max if your not used to taking it off often. the bracket kinda leans forward once you get the top undone which should be enough to get in there.
    you don't need to worry about your ecu as the purpose for swapping the aem ems is just for your ethanol tune...swapping that out will not affect contorl modules for windows etc. you don't need to worry about adaptations as the hpf aem ems isn't maf based and even if it were adaptations shouldn't be an issue as the dme is supposed to do those anyway based on the octane of the fuel used.
    i saw a used aem ems for sale recently that went for $700 iirc... so somewhere in that ballpark seems fair. if you have an unlocked aem ems you could also just load various tunes from your laptop if your comfortable with that. you can run the usb cable thru the kick panel below the glove box where the floor light is and the ems is right on the other side...atleast thats what i'd do.
    im sure you could modify something like the hpf meth switch for a high/low boost toggle.

i was thinking of getting an additional aem myself so i could have an aggressive tune for race fuel only.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is such a good feeling to get good solid answers to a situation I really need to address. Thank you all so much for taking the time to help..Dreikraft Yes, I already have that cable run by a former tuner. So, that's a start at least. Click here to enlarge

What is Dreikraft exactly? German?I have to wonder about some of these user names...
    An IC chip? ..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That thing can be a pain the ass to remove back and forth. Gotta be better way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bdave Click here to enlarge
    It is such a good feeling to get good solid answers to a situation I really need to address. Thank you all so much for taking the time to help..Dreikraft Yes, I already have that cable run by a former tuner. So, that's a start at least. Click here to enlarge

What is Dreikraft exactly? German?I have to wonder about some of these user names...
    An IC chip? ..
    its a funny german play on words
    based off the word
    drehkraft which means torque/torsional force
    drei=three
    kraft=power/force
    dreikraft = threepower Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    That thing can be a pain the ass to remove back and forth. Gotta be better way.
    maybe get rid of those stupid push pins and get a quick release of some kind? i dunno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Splice the harness and run an autosport connector.

http://www.deutsch.net/upload/assets...rochure_LR.pdf

Page 19 shows the options I'm referring to.

You can get them from Apex Speed Tech
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    Splice the harness and run an autosport connector.

http://www.deutsch.net/upload/assets...rochure_LR.pdf

Page 19 shows the options I'm referring to.

You can get them from Apex Speed Tech
    That's what I was thinking of. It looks worth the effort. Which unit on page 19?
    What about going back to the very simple idea of just uploading the pump octane tune from a lap top very time you need it? Is this possible? It should only take a few minutes. I have a mini lap top I could easily commit full time to staying in the car. I never use it.`

Sorry, I keep trying to click on your green thumbs up on everyone's posts. I forget I am well short of my not having 100 rep points myself. So, I would if I could.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's what I was thinking of. It looks worth the effort. Which unit on page 19?
    What about going back to the very simple idea of just uploading the pump octane tune from a lap top very time you need it? Is this possible? It should only take a few minutes. I have a mini lap top I could easily commit full time to staying in the car. I never use it.`

Sorry, I keep trying to click on your green thumbs up on everyone's posts. I forget I am well short of my not having 100 rep points myself. So, I would if I could.
    as long as hpf's already unlocked your ems and your comfortable with loading tunes. the software is not proprietary, just the ability to use it in conjunction with your hpf ems. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as long as hpf's already unlocked your ems and your comfortable with loading tunes. the software is not proprietary, just the ability to use it in conjunction with your hpf ems. Click here to enlarge
    It's unlocked. I will have my own custom tunes. I am running huge(2150cc) injectors and different turbo, the 7175, with increased air flow in and out via fairly extensive modifications. My shop has access to a renowned(so they say) tuner of FI BMW's. I do know he has tuned at least one near 1000HP project. But, my situation is tricky. E85 and a pump tune using EMS based ECU. I relayed this thread to the shop so he can easily see some viable options. For all I know, he may come up with something completely different. I figured it would not hurt to throw some ideas out there, thanks to you all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My shop has access to a renowned(so they say) tuner of FI BMW's.
    Who is he?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

bdave - hurry up and start driving that car so i can haz vid of uber fast smg shifting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who is he?
    PM sent

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bdave - hurry up and start driving that car so i can haz vid of uber fast smg shifting.
    I am still waiting for a long overdue UPDATE on my build finish time. Not happy!..something about internet issues, arg!
    But IF the tune is still intact (it should be), any video should show it off nicely. Brap, clap, brap clap! Very much more fun than stock. I will do one for sure. You FEEL the lock up in the seat of your pants. I have no idea how much the new stage 3 pressure plate will slow it down. Not a lot I hope. That pressure plate IS a lot more powerful. We'll see.
    Last edited by Bdave; 05-03-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i don't notice a difference between stage 2 and stage 3. then again i operate heavy equipment (which is ten times more raw then these tiny bmws) and most people are pussies Click here to enlarge

anyway, hurry the f up!

btw, why'd you tell me not to get the ess smg flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Finish date is not up to me. I hear 2 to three weeks. I would be more than happy with that. SUPPOSEDLY I will have a time lapse vid of the build as well as a full CD of pix.Shop refuses to go public until build is 100% complete...does not include areo stuff etc. I will do that locally...roll bar, Recaros too.

My TCU SHOULD be the same as before which will show up in driving vid. Its uber fast.
    I ONLY said not ESS because of COST. EAS and one other outfit in PA are doing Euro or CSL tunes for 1/6 of 600 bux. (they are different tunes BTW. Insist on the CSL tune!!) Please search my threads in E46 forum in M3 section...not the FI section. Very detailed...OK?
    PLEASE get the CSL SMG tune...awesome.
    My shift times may be a BIT longer because i will have a massive Stage 3 pressure plate VS the stock pressure plate....but still very much faster!!! CLACK! And harder! U will NOT be disappointed! I would TALK to the guy in PA if I were you. OK?
    I LOVE your car color!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Finish date is not up to me. I hear 2 to three weeks. I would be more than happy with that. SUPPOSEDLY I will have a time lapse vid of the build as well as a full CD of pix.Shop refuses to go public until build is 100% complete...does not include areo stuff etc. I will do that locally...roll bar, Recaros too.

My TCU SHOULD be the same as before which will show up in driving vid. Its uber fast.
    I ONLY said not ESS because of COST. EAS and one other outfit in PA are doing Euro or CSL tunes for 1/6 of 600 bux. (they are different tunes BTW. Insist on the CSL tune!!) Please search my threads in E46 forum in M3 section...not the FI section. Very detailed...OK?
    PLEASE get the CSL SMG tune...awesome.
    My shift times may be a BIT longer because i will have a massive Stage 3 pressure plate VS the stock pressure plate....but still very much faster!!! CLACK! And harder! U will NOT be disappointed! I would TALK to the guy in PA if I were you. OK?
    I LOVE your car color!
    it won't be slower just more $#@!ing brutal, you should apply some padding to the airbag above the glovebox unless you want "SRS" stamped on your wife's forhead

its not CLACK! but BANG!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it won't be slower just more $#@!ing brutal, you should apply some padding to the airbag above the glovebox unless you want "SRS" stamped on your wife's forhead

its not CLACK! but BANG!
    LOL. SRS. Got 5 points and intend to use them. I still have to keep the OEM belts in for DOT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL. SRS. Got 5 points and intend to use them. I still have to keep the OEM belts in for DOT.
    Scroth used to make a DOT legal harness.. the requirements per DOT spec is that the release lever be red and clearly marked with "Press". Its still a cam lock 4pt/5pt harness, but instead of 'twisting' to release, you press.

Not sure if they still make it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

tigara electronica

i have another website for tigara electronica, and i dont knlow if i have to trust in google adsense, are they pay good for tigari electronice ads?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tigare-electronicejf Click here to enlarge
    i have another website for tigara electronica, and i dont knlow if i have to trust in google adsense, are they pay good for tigari electronice ads?
    Lol wut?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Lol wut?
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tigare-electronicejf Click here to enlarge
    One post and banned. There's a winner.
    Latest word: motor is IN THE CAR...OMG! Finally. Now plumbing...lots of it...I have two completely independent fuel systems. Another hold up while we watied for the Zoitronix E85 meter, flex sender and harness to arrive. The tuner insisted on it. I fully understand. That finally came in. He is going to try to put the gas and E85 tune in the same ECU. We'll see....
    Still a few weeks away, but the motor being in is a start at least!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The tuner insisted on it. I fully understand. That finally came in. He is going to try to put the gas and E85 tune in the same ECU. We'll see....
    Who is the tuner?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who is the tuner?
    He's probably on this list:

http://www.pianoacoustics.com/piano_tuning_fl.htm
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    Ha... Ha.. although that reminds me one of tuners here did get an e-mail about Piano tuning. I thought that was hilarious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast