Close

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    All fine and dandy, but you can't expect your "power" users to accept the elaborate spin control tactics you employ. Some people demand information in order to be convinced that you are indeed developing " the cutting edge" products that you claim you do.
    That's the funny part. Those who "demand information" are not necessarily customers. But rather those looking of reasons not to be customers Click here to enlarge Out of the dozen or so single turbo conversions we have lined up for in-house builds, not one person asked for any proprietary information. They just want their car to go fast. And we will give them that. And then some. Does that mean that they are silly? No, it just means that they are leaving the details to those who they feel are experts. They don't care about forum arguments. They don't care about being right. They aren't looking to prove someone wrong. They just want the product to work as promised.

I know, it's crazy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robert Click here to enlarge
    With all due respect, this is where you lack of knowledge comes into play. You are asking me about individual cylinder monitoring. And yes, we are doing something new. But we will not say what until it is released to the public. Which should be quite soon. Please don't mistake my intentional vagueness as a dodge or deflection. It's just business. And we are in the business to stay well ahead of our competition. We don't owe you information that we spent considerable resources in obtaining. The same way I don't demand you tell me what you are doing at work. Our goal is to develop fully functional cutting edge products and to deliver it to those who want it. It's a good gig for everyone involved. It seems like the only people who take offense to them are those who don't appear to be on the same development path for one reason or another.

Shiv
    Hey Shiv, thanks for that assessment on your companies endeavors, much appreciated.

Considering Cobb had ignition monitors for all six cylinders for close to a year now, how is this cutting edge? The AP can also monitor cylinder temps, and knock sensor activity. Looking forward to your clarification. I surely hope you aren't taking this personally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's the funny part. Those who "demand information" are not necessarily customers. But rather those looking of reasons not to be customers Click here to enlarge Out of the dozen or so single turbo conversions we have lined up for in-house builds, not one person asked for any proprietary information. They just want their car to go fast. And we will give them that. And then some. Does that mean that they are silly? No, it just means that they are leaving the details to those who they feel are experts. They don't care about forum arguments. They don't care about being right. They aren't looking to prove someone wrong. They just want the product to work as promised.

I know, it's crazy Click here to enlarge
    We'll see how it goes when one of them DOES try to learn more...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Fast no doubtI cant see the logs on my Droid, did I read 22.8 psi correctly?If so, or not, can someone refresh or inform me of about what rwhp the car was making for the record run, and what, if any weight reduction was involved, or guesstimate of total weight?Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    lol so typical...with all due respect, just go back to e90post and post your $#! there...don't worry about "helping" us get clarity please! Everything is clear as day
    You guys are getting upset because I'm not providing information that you think you deserve for some reason or another. You did it with the fuel system. You did it with the ignition flatlining debate. You did it with single turbo design. None of that stuff worked out the way you expected it to. So now you are jumping on indiv cyl ignition timing hoping that you have an argument you can win. God bless you. If this kind of drama makes you happy, all the more power to you. But it's not my cup of tea. I'd rather make cars go fast. If you guys focused on that more, and me less, you might be more satisfied ultimately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    We'll see how it goes when one of them DOES try to learn more...
    If they ask for info that we don't want to disclose, we will tell them it's proprietary and they will understand. Customers expect to pay for product, not IP. That's worth a lot more than the price of a 700whp 335i Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If they ask for info that we don't want to disclose, we will tell them it's proprietary and they will understand. Customers expect to pay for product, not IP. That's worth a lot more than the price of a 700whp 335i Click here to enlarge
    You know, I think some people get carried away with what they want to know. I have always personally felt that if I don't want to tell someone something I don't have to. If I have a customer, then this may be a different deal altogether, but any big company puts a million restrictions on their products.. Look at Apple. Look at Sony. We don't even own our PS3's we license the usage of them.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    You know, I think some people get carried away with what they want to know. I have always personally felt that if I don't want to tell someone something I don't have to. If I have a customer, then this may be a different deal altogether, but any big company puts a million restrictions on their products.. Look at Apple. Look at Sony. We don't even own our PS3's we license the usage of them.
    +1, and +rep
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Shiv, for clarification purposes, monitoring ignition and fuel system activity on their own motor is proprietary? Does this mean you're paying for the repairs if something breaks? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean, look at Microsoft. I wish I could be pissed at them for them not telling me why their xbox is so secure.
    Click here to enlarge
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    No worries we vote with our wallets. And discussion of such topics makes the long work day go by quicker!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd also like to be pissed at ER for not releasing their intake manifold yet.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just ate a gargantuan from jimmy johns. That $#@! came freaky fast, before I was even off the phone with my client.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys are getting upset because I'm not providing information that you think you deserve for some reason or another. You did it with the fuel system. You did it with the ignition flatlining debate. You did it with single turbo design. None of that stuff worked out the way you expected it to. So now you are jumping on indiv cyl ignition timing hoping that you have an argument you can win. God bless you. If this kind of drama makes you happy, all the more power to you. But it's not my cup of tea. I'd rather make cars go fast. If you guys focused on that more, and me less, you might be more satisfied ultimately.
    Hey Shiv, no one here is out to hurt your feelings. I hope you're not not upset over our technical inquiries. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Hey Shiv, no one here is out to hurt your feelings. I hope you're not not upset over our technical inquiries. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
    I don't think I'm the one who needs help Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Hey Shiv, for clarification purposes, monitoring ignition and fuel system activity on their own motor is proprietary? Does this mean you're paying for the repairs if something breaks? Click here to enlarge
    good question

who paid enrita when engine exploded? some tuner gives some sort of warranty

kartin my engine blew up 2 times a week, but I knew that was and ranwith the responsibility

some of you make me very funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Fast no doubtI cant see the logs on my Droid, did I read 22.8 psi correctly?If so, or not, can someone refresh or inform me of about what rwhp the car was making for the record run, and what, if any weight reduction was involved, or guesstimate of total weight?Thanks
    Anyone?
    Robert/Shiv ?
    Oddjob?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this forum is slowly becoming as appropriate e90posts vs bms

here all bms against appropriate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    this forum is slowly becoming as appropriate e90posts vs bms

here all bms against appropriate
    I hope it doesn't head in that direction...At least for once shiv has enough rep to respond...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    I hope it doesn't head in that direction...At least for once shiv has enough rep to respond...
    Lol.. I'm always just a couple neg reps away from that no longer being the case. So pls pos rep me guys Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, and let's keep it that way. It's one thing to disagree, and it's another to be a troll or have useless posts. A post should not be neg repped just because you dislike the user and/or don't agree. You want to keep the discussion Open so we can actually make progress...

Thanks for the update on the block Robert! Or Shiv.... (You really should sign up and start fresh here. It would be really good for the company image if you replied with level-headed, non condescending answers to the toughest "haters" out there. And maybe a bit of work on the website. Click here to enlarge)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Yes, and let's keep it that way. It's one thing to disagree, and it's another to be a troll or have useless posts. A post should not be neg repped just because you dislike the user and/or don't agree. You want to keep the discussion Open so we can actually make progress...

Thanks for the update on the block Robert! Or Shiv.... (You really should sign up and start fresh here. It would be really good for the company image if you replied with level-headed, non condescending answers to the toughest "haters" out there. And maybe a bit of work on the website. Click here to enlarge)
    I don't hate, I just want clarification. Click here to enlarge Shiv always responds in a retaliatory fashion even though my responses and inquiries are quite non-confrontational.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't hate, I just want clarification. Click here to enlarge Shiv always responds in a retaliatory fashion even though my responses and inquiries are quite non-confrontational.
    I understand. And I like all you guys. (No Homo LOL)

That's why I used "". And why I hinted at Shiv not being condescending when he replies, even against a "hater". Not that he is. Click here to enlarge

I mean, we are all just here to go fast, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

here we all know who helps and who to appropriate bms

in my point of view you are nothing partial
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Going fast is one thing. Knowing your cars running properly AND going fast is quite another.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast