Close

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    I have the Aquamist HFS-4 setup now on the car and its failsafe really surprised me with how well it works without major hassle when meth runs out or flow is insufficient. No CELs, no limps, car just goes mellow from high boost to no boost, no abrupt jolt or any fuss really. All it requires is to dial in the knobs on the gauge for your min/max allowed flow when you get the thing installed and setup and you're off to the races. Scaling boost up/down progressively based on meth flow is really something that I see taking an insane amount of time to dial in if you're to call it an "advantage".
    Please explain how the HFS-4's fail safe can pull boost without a CEL? I don't think it intercepts the TMAP sensor or has any CAN capability to "mute" the CEL...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

bimmerpost has even gone the stretch to not only ban my account but to also ban my IP address. They don't even want me looking at Shiv's posts anymore Click here to enlarge so pathetic, f u Jason u $#@!ing low life

I call bull$#@! there but post a log of procede's ign timing correction for the 1st and 3rd pull and I'll believe it...don't go making up a log for it now Click here to enlarge

So the tach can't keep up lol?

Actually, you don't have to look very closely. I'm not talking your last logs, i'm talking 7sec 60-130 logs from yesterday. I can't grab it off e90post as my IP is banned lol i've already explained in the post above why i think your trims maxed in that 7sec log and not now as it relates to LTFTs
    Won't a VPN work?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mike335i Click here to enlarge
    Please explain how the HFS-4's fail safe can pull boost without a CEL? I don't think it intercepts the TMAP sensor or has any CAN capability to "mute" the CEL...
    The HFS-4 intercepts the wastegate control to pull boost. As far as throwing a CEL, you can either set it to show the CEL or "hide" it.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Awesome! Tuning wars and details aside, this is VERY quick for a stock head/internal N54 without nitrous! And I know there is still room left with that turbo.

I'm wondering how crazy things can get if we get a much better flowing head on there and some valve-train modification...

I'd say it's pretty damn strong so far for an all aluminum (minus liners), open-deck, 3.0L Inline 6 that only's revs to 7,000RPM. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the positive reps guys. We're back in the black Click here to enlarge

Yes, the n54 is a pretty amazing engine. But to be precise, this one is revving to 7200RPM. We are working on a built engine package right now. The stock block is very well designed right down to the open deck wall thicknesses (which vary in relation to how far they are from reinforcements). That said, we have isolated a few potential weak points and should have a built block that should be able to support 1000whp. Of course, this is just a guess. But based upon how well this high-mileage engine is holding up as it is, we are pretty optimistic. By my calculations, we should currently have enough fuel to support 750whp which is pretty close to the upper comfortable limit of this turbo. We are currently making somewhere between 650-700whp so we really aren't that far off.

This will get really fun with the built motor, a larger frame turbo, and a 8000-8500rpm redline. I suspect we will see low 6s/ high 5s 60-130mph times by the end of the year. We are going to make sure that the n54 is the dominant motor in BMW's modern engine history.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

His car is running fast no doubt but I have huge concerns about the stability of the whole setup and pushing more power than what he's already done with the fueling, whatever it is, he's running. In terms of how THIS car handles fueling its all referenced off the INNER (intake manifold) map sensor, NOT the pre-throttle body TMAP. The inner intake manifold sensor is indeed a 2.5bar.

Without a proper upgrade there and DME rescaling, and in addition to that running just a piggy and telling the engine its STILL running stock load will no doubt unnecessarily impose a fueling limitation that is evident in his runs already (look at the 7sec world record pass and fuel trims flatlined at MAX). I don't know what he did in his 6.73 runs and the trims didn't flatline. Maybe he's resetting fuel adaptations all the time so the car raised LTFTs for the subsequent passes which gave him a bit more room there in STFTs.

There's also some massive timing corrections I saw in his world record back to back 60-130 runs, literally down to zero on the 1st and 3rd runs, while the 2nd run was fine post shift. Its clear that post shift the car should target about 5deg as seen in his 2nd of the 3 runs, when he shifts into 4th gear.

That procede tune in its current state leaves some major concerns for me. He has no visibility into timing corrections/retard on 2-6 cylinders at all no one including Shiv will ever know just how happy the engine is running that much boost. I'd say, given what's been observed on many other N54s so far, IF his cyl1 is that unhappy I can only imagine what his cyl2 and 5 timing corrections look like!

Piggybacks have always had the advantage so far in the ease of boost control calibration especially if you go with a single that may have an external wastegate where the stock solenoids wouldn't work for instance. Definitely a big advantage that removes a bunch of load based tuning headache. However, there are a couple BW EFR turbos that have internal wastegates as already discussed and quite possibly would be controllable by the stock solenoids with only a WGDC/PID rescale in the DME so that headache really might be moot depending on what turbo you go with. I'd love an EFR on my car for sure Click here to enlarge

I have the Aquamist HFS-4 setup now on the car and its failsafe really surprised me with how well it works without major hassle when meth runs out or flow is insufficient. No CELs, no limps, car just goes mellow from high boost to no boost, no abrupt jolt or any fuss really. All it requires is to dial in the knobs on the gauge for your min/max allowed flow when you get the thing installed and setup and you're off to the races. Scaling boost up/down progressively based on meth flow is really something that I see taking an insane amount of time to dial in if you're to call it an "advantage".

You set your car up with certain nozzles, inject based on fuel injector DC and MAP and use a certain meth mix you stick with. You dial that in to be running STRONG and safe in terms of boost/timing/afr/vanos as well as various timing/boost temp compensations (e.g. coolant, oil, charge air temps, etc). If any of the parameters fall outside the window just let the driver know and they can address it and run the car STRONG again, not half or 30% as strong or 72% as strong. I don't intend to drive my car 74.6% of its max potential ever, no one does. HFS-4 controller has a jumper on it to enable giving you a CEL in the dash when the failsafe kicks in. By default, the jumper is set to CEL OFF so it doesn't bother you, just does its work by taking boost out and makes you look at your flow gauge to realize the issue. More on this in a couple days as I'm still playing with nozzle placement, meth concentration, various controller settings and meth volume that satisfies octane requirements that raise pump gas to acceptable high octane levels and provide for enough spread/time through the charge path.
    Your points were addressed on the other forum. I try not to engage in technical debates on this forum because my posting access gets disabled frequently. I have no issue with discussing points back and forth using both forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Well my account AND my IP are banned so i guess you discuss what u choose

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Shiv why don't you become a vendor here? You can discuss stuff without having the lack of posting things, and we can do the same without getting banned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lets put a donation fund together and make shiv a vendor. Then we can all take a jab Click here to enlarge

In all seriousness, even though you can't see the post he made a very professional reply.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

I'll throw Robert some rep for running 6s. But, I still don't understand why Shiv doesn't use his own account.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Won't a VPN work?
    Using a proxy server would be considerably easier Click here to enlarge
    -'09 135i MT - Custom 6466 ST - 680whp Click here to enlarge
    -'08 135i AT - 6466 ST - dead
    -'97 318is - Daily
    -'82 320i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

it actually does but honestly people bring his crap over here anyway so in the end is there REALLY a point of visiting e90post anymore

Let me know if you need help bypassing IP bans. Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TerryBMS Click here to enlarge
    I'll throw Robert some rep for running 6s. But, I still don't understand why Shiv doesn't use his own account.
    I tried that first. But it's hopelessly negative repped. Probably won't be functional until late 2018.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robert Click here to enlarge
    I tried that first. But it's hopelessly negative repped. Probably won't be functional until late 2018.

Sticky, WTF?
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Lets put a donation fund together and make shiv a vendor. Then we can all take a jab Click here to enlarge

In all seriousness, even though you can't see the post he made a very professional reply.
    I think it's a good thing that we are not a vendor here. One less forum to keep up with means more time for product development and testing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    The HFS-4 intercepts the wastegate control to pull boost. As far as throwing a CEL, you can either set it to show the CEL or "hide" it.
    How does it "hide it"? Considering it has no CAN integration, pulling boost by disabling the boost solenoid will throw an underboost code. The only way I could see this working is by only pulling partial WGDC, not all by PWM the solenoid line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How does it "hide it"? Considering it has no CAN integration, pulling boost by disabling the boost solenoid will throw an underboost code. The only way I could see this working is by only pulling partial WGDC, not all by PWM the solenoid line.
    It hides it by using a dummy resister in the control box. The DME thinks it is still driving a solenoid so it won't through the open circuit code.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think it's a good thing that we are not a vendor here. One less forum to keep up with means more time for product development and testing.
    There may be excuses for not being a vendor, potentially valid ones, but I think many of us would like to see you one here and would increase your visibility and give us a chance to directly rebut questions they have and would absolutely reduce your overall negative image that is slowly growing. When I first came in this scene, it was jb3 vs procede. Now its Right vs Shiv.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It hides it by using a dummy resister in the control box. The DME thinks it is still driving a solenoid so it won't through the open circuit code.
    Why doesnt it throw a 30FF thinking theres a boost leak?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why doesnt it throw a 30FF thinking theres a boost leak?
    My guess is that ultimately, it will. But it would take a few seconds of sustained heavy throttle. But hopefully by then you will have lifted and fixed the issue. Again, just a guess. I am not running that particular system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

It should still be throwing an underboost code. Discussed briefly with Cobb in another thread and suggested some flash mapping changes that Richard can also use that will be cleaner and more functional. We've been selling more non-integrated WW meth kits than expected to Cobb customers so hopefully those changes can be implemented.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    There may be excuses for not being a vendor, potentially valid ones, but I think many of us would like to see you one here and would increase your visibility and give us a chance to directly rebut questions they have and would absolutely reduce your overall negative image that is slowly growing. When I first came in this scene, it was jb3 vs procede. Now its Right vs Shiv.
    I always welcome legitimate questions. And I even welcome accusatory statements. Both are easily handled when you have facts on your side. But given the overwhelmingly biased nature of this forum, any significant participation on our part may just be a waste of time ultimately. I'll pop in here from time to time. But at this point, I think it's best we just concentrate on product development. There are still many stones that remained unturned.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I always welcome legitimate questions. And I even welcome accusatory statements. Both are easily handled when you have facts on your side. But given the overwhelmingly biased nature of this forum, any significant participation on our part may just be a waste of time ultimately. I'll pop in here from time to time. But at this point, I think it's best we just concentrate on product development. There are still many stones that remained unturned.

Shiv
    Truth is you dodge and deflect legitimate concerns then eventually market those deficiencies as a new groundbreaking feature. I guess your PWM 2.0 kit will be marketed with a trunk mount tank to resolve those pesky burning engine bays? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Truth is you dodge and deflect legitimate concerns then eventually market those deficiencies as a new groundbreaking feature. I guess your PWM 2.0 kit will be marketed with a trunk mount tank to resolve those pesky burning engine bays? Click here to enlarge
    With all due respect, this is where you lack of knowledge comes into play. You are asking me about individual cylinder monitoring. And yes, we are doing something new. But we will not say what until it is released to the public. Which should be quite soon. Please don't mistake my intentional vagueness as a dodge or deflection. It's just business. And we are in the business to stay well ahead of our competition. We don't owe you information that we spent considerable resources in obtaining. The same way I don't demand you tell me what you are doing at work. Our goal is to develop fully functional cutting edge products and to deliver it to those who want it. It's a good gig for everyone involved. It seems like the only people who take offense to them are those who don't appear to be on the same development path for one reason or another.

Shiv
    Last edited by robert; 04-02-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

With all due respect, this is where you lack of knowledge comes into play. You are asking me about individual cylinder monitoring. And yes, we are doing something new. But we will not say what until it is released to the public. Which should happy quite soon. Please don't mistake my intentional vagueness as a dodge or deflection. It's just business. And we are in the business to stay well ahead of our competition. We don't owe you information that we spent considerable resources in obtaining. The same way I don't demand you tell me what you are doing at work. Our goal is to develop fully functional cutting edge products and to deliver it to those who want it. It's a good gig for everyone involved. It seems like the only people who take offense to them are those who don't appear to be on the same development path for one reason or another.

Shiv

All fine and dandy, but you can't expect your "power" users to accept the elaborate spin control tactics you employ. Some people demand information in order to be convinced that you are indeed developing " the cutting edge" products that you claim you do.
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

With all due respect, this is where you lack of knowledge comes into play.
    lol so typical...with all due respect, just go back to e90post and post your $#@! there...don't worry about "helping" us get clarity please! Everything is clear as day

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast