Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tron Click here to enlarge
    38 lbs actually.

These numbers are making sticky eat his words about the GT35r E36's.
    Hold on now, I never said there was anything at all bad about GT35r E36's.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hold on now, I never said there was anything at all bad about GT35r E36's.
    I agree. You just didn't think they were capable of trapping these numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I agree. You just didn't think they were capable of trapping these numbers.
    Incorrect, obviously I know what E36's can trap considering the numbers for the cars in the 1/4 mile list I maintain.

What was stated was that a 500 whp E36 won't trap 129 and the consensus was that it won't, you included.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What track?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a 500 whp E36 won't trap 129
    I strongly disagree.

Here is one example: 473rwhp/430rwtq trapping 129mph

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1000526

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Incorrect, obviously I know what E36's can trap considering the numbers for the cars in the 1/4 mile list I maintain.

What was stated was that a 500 whp E36 won't trap 129 and the consensus was that it won't, you included.
    No, that was not the consensus nor was it my opinion. It was yours and Taza's.

And we were debating the general idea that low 500whp E36's can trap mid to high 120's. I dont debate specifics, its inane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DakarE36 Click here to enlarge
    I strongly disagree.

Here is one example: 473rwhp/430rwtq trapping 129mph

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1000526
    Again what track?

A turbo E46 M3 with less then 650whp traps 139mph. But we dont go around quoting it because the track inflates the numbers. All these high mph times we are seeing with E36's happen to be at great tracks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Again what track?

A turbo E46 M3 with less then 650whp traps 139mph. But we dont go around quoting it because the track inflates the numbers. All these high mph times we are seeing with E36's happen to be at great tracks.
    So you're cherry picking the anomaly for a comparison?

Rob's car put down 630whp @ 13psi and he was peaking @ 16psi in the 139mph run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you're cherry picking the anomaly for a comparison?

Rob's car put down 630whp @ 13psi and he was peaking @ 16psi in the 139mph run.
    Cherry picking is harder to do when there are way more E36's then E46's. Im using Robert's numbers as an example of how much difference a track makes. Were comparing built motor E36's to stock motor E46's, the E36's are running 18-22psi or more and the E46s are running 13-16psi.

And how are we sure we know what exactly the E36's with MANUAL boost controllers are running at the track? I dont see any footage of E36's showing boost gauges while running these traps. Also they are all done at great tracks, thats what ive noticed.

Here's the thread with Rob running a 132 mph trap when he had a stg 1 HPF with less then 600whp and 12psi.

Edit: All the HPF stg 2 guys are reporting higher then 13psi numbers on the street, as we know dynojets dont have much load and boost can be alittle higher on the street.
    Last edited by TaZaM3; 06-15-2010 at 04:20 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

No, that was not the consensus nor was it my opinion. It was yours and Taza's.

And we were debating the general idea that low 500whp E36's can trap mid to high 120's. I dont debate specifics, its inane.
    I suppose not debating specifics makes it much easier to just broadly swing away.

Seems Taza is quite correct on this one as I saw the E36 numbers jump lower, and lower, from 129 for 500 whp. That is just from the E36 fans of course.

See, I suppose you were debating generally and I was debating specifically, as I was not debating any general idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cherry picking is harder to do when there are way more E36's then E46's. Im using Robert's numbers as an example of how much difference a track makes. Were comparing built motor E36's to stock motor E46's, the E36's are running 18-22psi or more and the E46s are running 13-16psi.

And how are we sure we know what exactly the E36's with MANUAL boost controllers are running at the track? I dont see any footage of E36's showing boost gauges while running these traps. Also they are all done at great tracks, thats what ive noticed.

Here's the thread with Rob running a 132 mph trap when he had a stg 1 HPF with less then 600whp and 12psi.

Edit: All the HPF stg 2 guys are reporting higher then 13psi numbers on the street, as we know dynojets dont have much load and boost can be alittle higher on the street.
    You of all people should know better than to compare boost numbers. Majority of the E36's are using a 35r which is 62-65lb/min and the HPF cars that you're raving about are running a PTE67 which is around 75lb/min. You can't compare boost levels and be taken seriously.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You of all people should know better than to compare boost numbers. Majority of the E36's are using a 35r which is 62-65lb/min and the HPF cars that you're raving about are running a PTE67 which is around 75lb/min. You can't compare boost levels and be taken seriously.
    You're right about the turbo difference however you apparently can disregard the fact of comparing a built motor to a stock motor as well. You are also forgetting how much better the S54 head flows. All this is yet more proof of how superior the S54 is compared to the S52.

There is just no reasoning with you guys, its either E36 wins or nothing. Sort of reminds me of the Audi guys that were battling with me.

Im gonna start playing the same game as you guys. An E46 M3 HPF stg 2 traps 139mph...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're right about the turbo difference however you apparently can disregard the fact of comparing a built motor to a stock motor as well. You are also forgetting how much better the S54 head flows. All this is yet more proof of how superior the S54 is compared to the S52.

There is just no reasoning with you guys, its either E36 wins or nothing. Sort of reminds me of the Audi guys that were battling with me.

Im gonna start playing the same game as you guys. An E46 M3 HPF stg 2 traps 139mph...
    What are you trying to prove Vik? Nobody (I Hope) ever stated the S52 was a better motor. It's the simple facts that the S54 guys aren't hitting the strip to backup these dyno #'s, yourself included, and that the S52 guys aren't posting the VBOX #'s.

Make no mistake--I'm not trying to say a 8.5:1 S52 is better than an 11.5:1 S54...I'm just like any other enthusiast who wants to see some videos and timeslips. I posted some of my runs vs. the HPF cars. Sadly we don't see many others doing the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are you trying to prove Vik? Nobody (I Hope) ever stated the S52 was a better motor. It's the simple facts that the S54 guys aren't hitting the strip to backup these dyno #'s, yourself included, and that the S52 guys aren't posting the VBOX #'s.
    I dont know if you were involved in the other thread but there was definitely remarks about the E36 being faster with less power etc.... Im still on that vibe...

The E46 just started to step up, it took awhile for the E36 as well. Obviously there should be many more E36 1/4 mile times. Taking the car to the drags takes lots of setting up at these power levels. As far as me, I ran a 11.9@123 back in 2006 with my supercharged setup. That track closed down shortly after, I tried running there with my turbo setup and it was a complete failure (no prep). If i had a great track like most of the east coast E36 guys, i would have had numbers a long time ago. I do have some Vbox numbers, which are much easier to produce then 1/4 mile times for me right now. We have actually seen a bunch of HPF M3's hit the 1/4 mile track..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have actually seen a bunch of HPF M3's hit the 1/4 mile track..
    I had missed this until just now: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1474780

HPF Stage 2.5 - 11.329 @ 136.92 MPH just the other day. Why didn't he trap over 139mph that Rob did? Click here to enlarge j/k 137mph(almost) is moving.

We need some race gas VBOX love from you. Go dust off the cobwebs and get it done for your fellow boosted bimmer brethren.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had missed this until just now: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1474780

HPF Stage 2.5 - 11.329 @ 136.92 MPH just the other day. Why didn't he trap over 139mph that Rob did? Click here to enlarge j/k 137mph(almost) is moving.
    Yup at a track that doesn't product high trap numbers, its a decent track but nothing compared to the stuff most of the E36's run at. If mike ran his Stg 2.5 at ATCO or MIR he would be in the 14x mph range. Rob's car is a pure example of what a track difference can do!

We need some race gas VBOX love from you. Go dust off the cobwebs and get it done for your fellow boosted bimmer brethren.
    Yes i know.... I drive the car once a week now to work and back, been trying to fit some very large tires on the car before attempting my next set of numbers in race gas or pump/meth high boost. Ive been slowly working on the car in the garage for the last few weeks. Runs great but needed to get a few things done to make my mind more at ease while driving it as well. In the process of raising the rear (had to get new parts for the springs as my rear perch's were lost), already have the 295/45/17 MT tires mounted on wheels waiting, had to replace my electronic exhaust cut out (bent after lots of abusive backfiring), made my interior clean as hell after neglecting it (new steering wheel, new parts, new mounting points etc).. But it will happen soon!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes i know.... I drive the car once a week now to work and back, been trying to fit some very large tires on the car before attempting my next set of numbers in race gas or pump/meth high boost. Ive been slowly working on the car in the garage for the last few weeks. Runs great but needed to get a few things done to make my mind more at ease while driving it as well. In the process of raising the rear (had to get new parts for the springs as my rear perch's were lost), already have the 295/45/17 MT tires mounted on wheels waiting, had to replace my electronic exhaust cut out (bent after lots of abusive backfiring), made my interior clean as hell after neglecting it (new steering wheel, new parts, new mounting points etc).. But it will happen soon!
    Wow I'm drooling here. New thread with new 5D pics and HD video would be teh sex!
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm just like any other enthusiast who wants to see some videos and timeslips. I posted some of my runs vs. the HPF cars. Sadly we don't see many others doing the same.
    I've been telling you guys, find me a quick e36 and I would love to run it! All in good fun of course Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    I've been telling you guys, find me a quick e36 and I would love to run it! All in good fun of course Click here to enlarge

You and Cam are 2 hours away from each other. Split the difference for the greater good of the community. Bring lots of cameras!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thread got off course. Great job John!
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You and Cam are 2 hours away from each other. Split the difference for the greater good of the community. Bring lots of cameras!
    That's already been planned, but I don't think he will be ready for a lil bit, so if there is anyone else in the mean time, it would be fun Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yup at a track that doesn't product high trap numbers, its a decent track but nothing compared to the stuff most of the E36's run at. If mike ran his Stg 2.5 at ATCO or MIR he would be in the 14x mph range. Rob's car is a pure example of what a track difference can do!!
    stg 2.5 at MIR this year. running race gas and meth...thats 2.5 right?

and another

and Ahmad's CLK showing everyone how to launch

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Well I think I know of a e36 turbo that wants to run a local to PA HPF Stage 2ish car in about a week or 2. I'm sure the 2 will car owners will figure out a time and a place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sniz those vids are siiiiiiiiiick!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    That's already been planned, but I don't think he will be ready for a lil bit, so if there is anyone else in the mean time, it would be fun Click here to enlarge
    Yeah there were a couple leaks and such with custom A/C setup but it's all fixed blowing cold now. Just one last dyno for over 600whp this week and going to DMV to figure out why I never received my new registration sticker. I can't drive her without that and current reg card.
    Last edited by highboostingm3; 06-20-2010 at 11:15 PM.
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by highboostingm3 Click here to enlarge
    Sniz those vids are siiiiiiiiiick!

Yeah there were a couple leaks and such with custom A/C setup but it's all fixed blowing cold now. Just one last dyno for over 600whp this week and going to DMV to figure out why I never received my new registration sticker. I can't drive her without that and current reg card.
    Ahh I also have to go, and renew my registration this week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast