Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    Well then why did AR fail to finish the Job? Didn't they say tuning was the problem? Why didn't they give Cobb a call or why didn't they just work together with Terry?
    I'm not saying the Procede is the only option , but where everybody failed he made it happen , and he deserves the credit for that.
    Everybody has been whining for years for a single turbo option , and now that we got it everybody starts to downplay the guy who did it.
    Cobb didn't exist in the market, we were busy with our JB4 release for the masses and didn't have time to take the project on, and CPE had some technical problems as they didn't have the CAN technology fully worked out. So the AR project was a victim of bad timing. As I've said before we're not in a big rush to do anything. I'm certainly not going to bother fabricating a manifold when so many other fabrication shops are working on the same thing. When a good manifold is out and there is decent customer demand we will start supporting the tuning end. Those customers who jump on things first like the Vishnu big turbo kit get the glory of being the first to have 600rw (even if only for a few hundred RPM) and they should relish it as long as they can. Because sooner or later new stuff and new tuning will come out and obsolete what they have. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Because sooner or later new stuff and new tuning will come out and obsolete what they have.
    That's just the nature of the beast and part of the reason its both tons of fun AND drains my pocket
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    Well then why did AR fail to finish the Job? Didn't they say tuning was the problem? Why didn't they give Cobb a call or why didn't they just work together with Terry?
    I'm not saying the Procede is the only option , but where everybody failed he made it happen , and he deserves the credit for that.
    Everybody has been whining for years for a single turbo option , and now that we got it everybody starts to downplay the guy who did it.

So instead of bashing him for what he does and says , prove him wrong and DO IT. Let Cobb or Terry fab a manifold and tune the damn thing .
    Terry always stated he has no interest in this single turbo stuff , but i bet my ass he is working on it already to make the JB4 capable of doing it. Why? Well i'm not going to start the copy story again.

I'm far from a Vishnu fanboy , i run his tune but i gave up after that REV 2.5 and 3 Upgrade. I don't agree with all he says or does , but just try to keep this forum objective and stop the stupid bias.
    Terry, LM and others called it: Shiv's likely declining revenue in the N54/N55 space led him to explore both the M3 market and now single-turbo N54 stuff.

In the case of the N54 stuff, it's a $ investment into creating a kit which may or may not break even on sales if it's a good kit. For those that are not tuners, it appears (and prob is) more daunting as it will likely take even more time and $ to make it work than if a tuner built the kit. Ask Shiv how much it cost him. I wouldn't be surprised if the real number is probably at least $15k in parts and non-Vishnu shop time, plus all the time Shiv dumped into it. Considering what renting a Shiv or Terry would cost to tune something like this, it's probably safe to say it's at least a $30k project investment.

So can you really blame smaller shops for not wanting to jump in at around that cost? How many kits would one have to sell at what price to just break even? ARD prob just got in deep enough in $, time and decided enough was enough and/or the return wasn't going to be worth it.

Don't get me wrong either, it's great that Shiv did it but people here "downplay" his results because while he does bring them, they always come with BS strings attached how/why no one else can copy what he's doing. That is, until someone else does, using a method Shiv says won't work, then they get accused of "copying" him and using "inferior" equipment. People here would give him more respect if he didn't constantly lie and wasn't an egotistical @ss. He's his own worst enemy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    Terry, LM and others called it: Shiv's likely declining revenue in the N54/N55 space led him to explore both the M3 market and now single-turbo N54 stuff.
    I think the best evidence for that argument would be the vin lock he introduced on the procede. Trying to shut down 3rd party sales.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I think the best evidence for that argument would be the vin lock he introduced on the procede. Trying to shut down 3rd party sales.
    Good call. That makes at least 3 pieces of evidence then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If shiv would stay off the forums and just crank out products he would be a lot better off IMO
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    If shiv would stay off the forums and just crank out products he would be a lot better off IMO
    Many have said that to him, he just can't help to gloat
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123