Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 56 of 56
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    318
    Rep Points
    399.8
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Yep, we have been discussing this in a few threads. Dash issues, SMG issues, etc., that is why the solution has been to use it in conjunction with the DME.
    Yeah but with E46's its not such a bid deal - if you can deal with the check engine light, eml light, rev limit light and lack of cruise control, it works great. And there are people who can turn off all those warning in the stock DME if they want. You won't pass OBDII smog though. We have several Turbo/Supercharged S54 customers running around with Pectel, Vi-PEC and MOTEC standalones.

    -Neel
    Neel Vasavada
    Apex Speed Technology
    2947 S Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    310.314.2005 (p)
    310.496.0951 (f)
    www.apexspeedtech.com
    info@apexspeedtech.com

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    Yeah but with E46's its not such a bid deal - if you can deal with the check engine light, eml light, rev limit light and lack of cruise control, it works great. And there are people who can turn off all those warning in the stock DME if they want. You won't pass OBDII smog though. We have several Turbo/Supercharged S54 customers running around with Pectel, Vi-PEC and MOTEC standalones.

    -Neel
    Yep, agreed.

    Neel, do you have any details on these turbo setups your customers are running on the S54? I think we would all like to get a look at things other than HPF.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    318
    Rep Points
    399.8
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No

    Neel, do you have any details on these turbo setups your customers are running on the S54? I think we would all like to get a look at things other than HPF.
    Not really specifics. I have one who's running twin GT28's right now, another with a Gintani centrifugal blower kit and a new customer with a 70mm something or other. The downside over something like HPF are things like warning lights and cruise, the upside is serious computational power and boost control to handle things like launch, traction control and boost control to make 1000+ hp cars streetable.
    Neel Vasavada
    Apex Speed Technology
    2947 S Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    310.314.2005 (p)
    310.496.0951 (f)
    www.apexspeedtech.com
    info@apexspeedtech.com

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    another with a Gintani centrifugal blower kit
    Gintani centrifugal? Are you sure this isn't a turbo setup?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    he downside over something like HPF are things like warning lights and cruise, the upside is serious computational power and boost control to handle things like launch, traction control and boost control to make 1000+ hp cars streetable.
    Agreed, not to mention far more flexibility in choosing hardware.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Agreed, not to mention far more flexibility in choosing hardware.
    This sounds like a fun project. I would be willing to do something like this. Who wants in?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    left lane
    Posts
    934
    Rep Points
    218.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Im in
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •