Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

rapid compression fittings for plastic tubing

After a 2 month wait Preferred Product Design finally sent me the items after its been backordered for so long! 10 fittings in all and it only cost me 22 bucks shipped to my door but you have to pay COD! That is a bigtime steal. I paid from a vendor that sells these fitting 25 dollars for just one fitting!! Lol Its well worth the risk to find out if it works for our methanol sytem component parts...Well everything from what it looks like is quality. The fittings for the actual nozzle doesnt seem to work at the moment as the stem part of the nozzle adapter is too short to fit over the filter part.I put a comparison of a Snow Performance adapter next to the new nozzle adapter compression fitting..It might work with CM nozzles since they do not have this filter.. It looks as though any other nozzle example DO, SP will not fit until you get adapter to elongate the stem to fit over the filter of the nozzle. The other parts seem to be fine even though the thread pattern is BSM and not NPT, but with alittle lock tite and tephlon paste it should work...I also bought a meth line adapter and 2 way splitter for dual meth lines to run two nozzles.
    They have it in stock now so order while you can!!! These fittings for the price will go fast.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 03-23-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I put a meth line on one of the fittings to test the compression fitting and I tugged and pulled as hard as I can and for the life of me the seal between the meth line and nipple would not come apart. When I get some time to tinker with the car, I will install two fittings to one of my solenoids.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd prefer a one peice adapter to negate using the male-male intermediate fitting. That way you wouldnt have to use any tape as it'd be one peice to begin with. But these definately look better than standard push fittings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Steve, so they have those parts in stock now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Steve, so they have those parts in stock now?
    Yes! They ordered in bulk.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    I'd prefer a one peice adapter to negate using the male-male intermediate fitting. That way you wouldnt have to use any tape as it'd be one peice to begin with. But these definately look better than standard push fittings.
    Yeah I agree but that's the only fitting they sell thats is close to looking like it can work but like I said there needs to be a small male to male connector to be place in between the nozzle adapter and the nozzle

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Basically everything but the nozzle holders work well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't actually installed them yet but I think it should work. Only threading is difference is bsm threading instead of NPT, but like I said lock tite and teflon paste should take care of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky. Can you edit my thread title and replace the word 'push' with 'compression'. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Hey Sticky. Can you edit my thread title and replace the word 'push' with 'compression'. Thanks
    Yep, done.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so how are these doing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so how are these doing?
    Steve. I didn't get a chance to install them yet. I know for sure the nozzle adapter won't work the way it is now. I need to stop by home depot and take a look at what they have to make it work

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well just to update this thread a bit...I had these compression fittings in my possession for awhile but was too lazy to change it out...Two weeks ago I checked my system and I had a leak at my T-fitting which was a push fitting...Major fail as it was leaking. Took out the old T and tossed it as far as I can possibly chuck it!! lol I then changed it out to a compression fitting and its for sure not going to leak. I still havent changed out the rest of them do to being lazy...The solenoid compression fittings will for sure work but for my setup the nozzle fitting will not work as I dont have enough clearance for the nozzle heads to screw into the shaft as the length is not high enough...Sucks but what can you do...The rest of the fittings depicted on the picture above will for sure work.....The best ideal setup ofcourse is AN fittings with braided hoses, but thats not an option..
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 12-15-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have used fittings that look 100% identical to these so they may be the same.
    Can't speak for how they stand up to the test of time, but at the time of install they were easy to use and once installed it seemed like it would be impossible to rip out the hose.

I could use a couple more of this next summer probably so I'll see if I can get some, thanks for the post.
    jb4+fbo+meth