Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Exclamation Engine issues after BMW Service

    Hi guys,

    I am new here .. Yeah noob again lol .. A few years ago a traded in my MB C300 for a BMW 335i xD,
    after putting 50k miles on the car over the pass 2 years without any issues!! My first service not under
    warrantee went bad!! WTF .. just when its not covered the car start having issues 50,012 !! Click here to enlarge

    Anyways 50k service They change spark plugs, injector service kit etc.. etc..

    When driving normal (no WOT) the car drives perfect .. However every time I try to go
    WOT car vibrates and feels like it loss power for a second in random as it get up in RPMs
    and if I stay in it the “service engine light” comes on!! omg!! I never seen that light b4!!,
    and the engine continue to vibrates after you stop!! I think its miss fire .. bad plugs or they mess up my injecotors?,

    However if you turn the car off and back on the “service engine light” Goes off and the engine runs like normal again like nothing happened!! WTF is going on!!

    I am about to call the BMW dealer that did the service and I would like to know what they did
    Wrong so I can tell them what to look for!! the 50k service cost me $1.2k and I wish I never did it!!

    Please help, my car never been modified and was thinking now that I don’t have warrantee to chip it or something ..

    09 335i xD 6A 4D

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Also is there a howto for this car? I would like to know how to check my spark plugs myself and replace injectors if needed ..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    It's very difficult to find the problem if you can't read the error codes in the ECU. The Bavarian Technic tool will work great to do this.

    Your problem could be anything from HPFP to misfire, from VANOS problems to an injector or coil gone bad.

    But as the car was just serviced, the dealer has to look into it. They warranty their work.

    BTW it's normal that the problem goes away when you restart the car. It works like a "reset" until the probem reappears, where the ECU will put the car into limp mode to protect the engine from severe damage.

    Maybe someone in your area has a code scanner to help you out? It's always good to know what's going on before you take the car to the dealer Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    698.9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    The symptoms you mentioned were what happened to me when I had an HPFP issue, but I'm not expert or anything like that I just know that's exactly how my HPFP got replaced...best of luck
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

    Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    first off try to read the codes. Also did they physically change the injectors? maybe they failed to code them....
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the feedback guys .. I have V-checker from my Audi / BM C300 works on both but don't know if it is working on the BMW cause it does not show any codes ..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    The symptoms you mentioned were what happened to me when I had an HPFP issue, but I'm not expert or anything like that I just know that's exactly how my HPFP got replaced...best of luck
    Well car has 50+k now on it so would knows .. may be time for it to be replace? how much did it cost you anyways?

    still like to know how to check spark-plugs and injectors myself tho..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Cobb has a misfire do it yourself vid....check this out http://blogs.cobbtuning.com/2012/02/...is-and-repair/
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    first off try to read the codes. Also did they physically change the injectors? maybe they failed to code them....
    no, from the invoice seems like it was just a cleaning service and some type of kit added ..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Points
    1,398.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j30 Click here to enlarge
    Well car has 50+k now on it so would knows .. may be time for it to be replace? how much did it cost you anyways?

    still like to know how to check spark-plugs and injectors myself tho..
    BMS sell the sparkplug socket you need. There is a diy for inpa the software you can code injectors in the n54 section, you need to order a ODBII cable of ebay to use it.

    You could also get a jb4 to check and clear codes Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    BMS sell the sparkplug socket you need. There is a diy for inpa the software you can code injectors in the n54 section, you need to order a ODBII cable of ebay to use it.

    You could also get a jb4 to check and clear codes Click here to enlarge

    Thanks for the info. but what is BMS? got a URL? don't know much about JB4 .. was reading last night COBB AP seems to be all in one type of tool .. that I like .. is JB4 an all in one tool as well?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    burgertuning
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    burgertuning
    Thank you .. $19 and its out of stock Click here to enlarge .. ECS has it for $46 damm ..

    Also I see someone using NGK 5992 Plugs is that better than the stock plugs?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,104
    Rep Points
    1,398.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j30 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the info. but what is BMS? got a URL? don't know much about JB4 .. was reading last night COBB AP seems to be all in one type of tool .. that I like .. is JB4 an all in one tool as well?
    burgertuning.com, but I guess you figured that one out already Click here to enlarge

    I got the correct spark plug tool in a local hardware store, but if you are in the US that might not be as easy.

    COBB is a flash tune solution and JB4 is a piggyback tune, both are great and popular, and both can read and clear codes. They are even used together in some more hardcore high power cars Click here to enlarge

    The JB4 has some cool additional features like gauge hi-jacking and methanol integration, COBB has full DME control i.e. better fuel and timing control. Both companies seems to have great customer service. I have a JB4 but might be getting a COBB for fun (when I feel I want to spend the $800 extra).

    If you have a N54 you should really get one of them!
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    129
    Rep Points
    253.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No

    dealer service

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j30 Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys,

    I am new here .. Yeah noob again lol .. A few years ago a traded in my MB C300 for a BMW 335i xD,
    after putting 50k miles on the car over the pass 2 years without any issues!! My first service not under
    warrantee went bad!! WTF .. just when its not covered the car start having issues 50,012 !! Click here to enlarge

    Anyways 50k service They change spark plugs, injector service kit etc.. etc..

    When driving normal (no WOT) the car drives perfect .. However every time I try to go
    WOT car vibrates and feels like it loss power for a second in random as it get up in RPMs
    and if I stay in it the “service engine light” comes on!! omg!! I never seen that light b4!!,
    and the engine continue to vibrates after you stop!! I think its miss fire .. bad plugs or they mess up my injecotors?,

    However if you turn the car off and back on the “service engine light” Goes off and the engine runs like normal again like nothing happened!! WTF is going on!!

    I am about to call the BMW dealer that did the service and I would like to know what they did
    Wrong so I can tell them what to look for!! the 50k service cost me $1.2k and I wish I never did it!!

    Please help, my car never been modified and was thinking now that I don’t have warrantee to chip it or something ..

    09 335i xD 6A 4D
    Hope it wasnt bayside BMW they suck azzzzzz !!!!!!! besides the fact that everytime i used to bring my 7 series for service they would scratch and dent the piss out of it they never fixed the inital problem the car would be brought in for
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    burgertuning.com, but I guess you figured that one out already Click here to enlarge

    I got the correct spark plug tool in a local hardware store, but if you are in the US that might not be as easy.

    COBB is a flash tune solution and JB4 is a piggyback tune, both are great and popular, and both can read and clear codes. They are even used together in some more hardcore high power cars Click here to enlarge

    The JB4 has some cool additional features like gauge hi-jacking and methanol integration, COBB has full DME control i.e. better fuel and timing control. Both companies seems to have great customer service. I have a JB4 but might be getting a COBB for fun (when I feel I want to spend the $800 extra).

    If you have a N54 you should really get one of them!
    Thanks .. wow this is some great info. yes I got an 2009 build 04/2009 its still a N54 .. I think the N55's are 2011+
    Yes the JB4 is a piggyback, I was reading about it over at burgertuning seems like it offer more power than COBB,
    but to be honest even tho. COBB cost more because its so easy and all in one tool .. I have to get the COBB ..
    I am trying to find a place that have it for a good price tho. but will get it ..

    Anyways back on my issue .. I called the dealer today and will be taking it in tomorrow for them to look at hope they will correct the issues they cause without it costing me anything .. Thanks again for the info..

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Update:

    Ok Just got my car back .. the dealer said its two bad injectors .. One in cylinder 1 and the other 5 ..
    And they did not want to replace them for free .. They stated my issue had nothing to do with their previous service .. Even thu they just service all 6 injectors before this problem started Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge .

    So they billed me $790 to replace the two bad injectors, after telling them a few words .. they drop the bill to $580 lol .. Save a few box but they cause the issue and I still had to
    pay for it .. Truly sucks ..

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j30 Click here to enlarge
    Update:

    Ok Just got my car back .. the dealer said its two bad injectors .. One in cylinder 1 and the other 5 ..
    And they did not want to replace them for free .. They stated my issue had nothing to do with their previous service .. Even thu they just service all 6 injectors before this problem started Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge .

    So they billed me $790 to replace the two bad injectors, after telling them a few words .. they drop the bill to $580 lol .. Save a few box but they cause the issue and I still had to
    pay for it .. Truly sucks ..
    you should not have paid anything if you brought it in for servicing injectors before your warranty was up.

    also, dont you qualify for the recall anyway? i dont have the dates, but someone here may know

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you should not have paid anything if you brought it in for servicing injectors before your warranty was up.

    also, dont you qualify for the recall anyway? i dont have the dates, but someone here may know
    I was told there is no recall on my car .. where you go to find out recalls anyways?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    It's very difficult to find the problem if you can't read the error codes in the ECU. The Bavarian Technic tool will work great to do this.
    First step and there are a couple for sale in the classifieds.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j30 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the feedback guys .. I have V-checker from my Audi / BM C300 works on both but don't know if it is working on the BMW cause it does not show any codes ..
    You probably want to use the one designed for your platform, BavTech tool...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you should not have paid anything if you brought it in for servicing injectors before your warranty was up.

    also, dont you qualify for the recall anyway? i dont have the dates, but someone here may know
    There was an injector recall?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,424
    Rep Points
    32,105.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j30 Click here to enlarge
    Update:

    Ok Just got my car back .. the dealer said its two bad injectors .. One in cylinder 1 and the other 5 ..
    And they did not want to replace them for free .. They stated my issue had nothing to do with their previous service .. Even thu they just service all 6 injectors before this problem started Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge .

    So they billed me $790 to replace the two bad injectors, after telling them a few words .. they drop the bill to $580 lol .. Save a few box but they cause the issue and I still had to
    pay for it .. Truly sucks ..
    Why are you paying anything if you are within the warranty period?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    8.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why are you paying anything if you are within the warranty period?

    out of warranty .. car has over 50+k on it ..

    also update:

    The Injectors was not the issue .. going to do the HPFP Click here to enlarge

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    If they changed ALL your injectors and it started happening right after:

    1) They probably missed the injector couplers that go on the bottom which will/has caused misfires in the past on a bunch of cars due to dealer techs forgetting to put them in

    2) If they indeed did change all your injectors and 2 and 5 started to fail and they asked for money that doesn't make sense and shouldn't have happened. The injectors should have come with a 1 year warranty including labor if they did go again within the same year.

    It could be your HPFP as well and that's covered under the recall..don't pay a thing, they need to take care of it for FREE for hpfp and injectors
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •