Close

Thread: VBox?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

VBox?

I've been looking at VBoxes lately and I was looking at the two different ones (DriftBox and PerformanceBox)...I don't think I need the drift box seeing as I won't be drifting too much in my C...if I buy a performance box, how hard is it to set up and will I be missing anything by getting a performance box over a drift box? Also are they worth the $500 price tag? How accurate are they? Anyone know where I can get one cheaper? Thanks guys!
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've been looking for months man, I can't find anythign under 500. I even looked on craigslist weekly and get nothing. I mean, I think they are the best for the buck if people ask for vbox verified times Click here to enlarge. I wan't one...
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They have one on ebay that's 470 and he gives a free memory card lol...not much better but still better haha

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good luck, even used they hold their value.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if your into documenting your performance and verifying it, yea, its worth it, its a 1 time expense. if you have friends also interested, split it. I found it not user friendly at first to setup, but realisticly it is easy. once you have a card that it can read (2gb or less) its not a problem at all. The software is not user friendly, but its not complicated either, just gotta get used to it

you probably wont find any that cheap, lowest ive seen is $400ish. Check out forums for better chance at finding one, but they are rare since like i said, its a 1x buy and everyone can use it so they get passed around a lot

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have the PerformanceBox as the Driftbox is not really needed, unless you're...well, drifting Click here to enlarge

I decided to get the complete package with the storage box, external GPS etc. Overall it's very expensive for such a device made of cheapo plastic, but there are no real alternatives around. And the numbers you get are worldwide accepted. That's a huge advantage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much did it all cost? I'm thinking about just getting the Vbox only for now since it is still 500 bucks...haha

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    How much did it all cost? I'm thinking about just getting the Vbox only for now since it is still 500 bucks...haha
    On driftbox.com the PerformanceBox Package 03 costs 540 Euros right now. Seems a nit less than what I paid. That nifty carry case is practical to keep things togehter. Knowing me, cables and stuff would be messed around in no time Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can someone verify the VBox on ebay that I'm thinking about buying making sure it's an actual performance box and not some random knockoff or something? LINK
    Last edited by hworang00; 03-19-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think there is room in the market for a cheaper alternative.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah it's kind of expensive, but like LM, it's a one time expense...if you keep it for a while, you can make it cost like a couple bucks a day I guess lol

I talked that guy on Ebay down to 455 shipped USPS priority mail... :\ not super cheap but cheaper ha

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    is it used or new? it needs to be registered as well, so ask about that, ask for the serial # so you can email vbox and check. would suck to buy it and not be able to use it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It says new in box and unopened. Can he still give me the serial without opening it?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i dont think so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks like a good deal though, 100% feedback and good price, id buy it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ha yeah figured...just sent the payment...I'll get to test it on my sisters glk which is what I'm driving now lol...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Ha yeah figured...just sent the payment...I'll get to test it on my sisters glk which is what I'm driving now lol...
    Sick man, I'd pay 455 for that brand new.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Sick man, I'd pay 455 for that brand new.
    He's got 4 more for sale...just message him on eBay...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I gotta see what I can do.. Got money but that's for the big turbo, once released..
    Burger Motorsports