Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SyndicateGT Click here to enlarge
    Just got off the phone with our good friend (Shiv). After seeing this post, I had a 10 min phone conversation and was verbally abused for about 8 min of it. I think bodily hard was even threatened lol
    Wow, what the hell is going on there?? That's insane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just got off the phone with our good friend (Shiv). After seeing this post, I had a 10 min phone conversation and was verbally abused for about 8 min of it. I think bodily hard was even threatened lol
    lol Click here to enlarge last thing he needs at this time with the big single marketing is posts about engine failures at stock turbo power levels...

hey Shiv, suggest you get a GOOD lawyer as those threats to people won't work on everyone...someone may/will sue your ass and then you and your lawyer can giggle it off in court

This is lamer than lame if indeed true....@SyndicateGT, please don't tell me you believe those threats can/will materialize to anything...if anything you've got a case there to sue him based on physical threats
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Dzenno,

I'm using your old turbos now Click here to enlarge Anything wrong with them other than some WG rattle?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Dzenno,

I'm using your old turbos now Click here to enlarge Anything wrong with them other than some WG rattle?
    Ha! So that's where they ended up Click here to enlarge nothing wrong, mint man..they do have 40k miles on them but no rattle ever, no issues, no smoking, mint! Good luck buddy
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This kind of talk always makes me nervous. I'm hovering over my engine listening for weird noises and of course I hear all kind of noises and ask myself "is this normal?" Click here to enlarge
    Definately sorry to hear about your situation SyndicateGT. I would be devastated.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Ha! So that's where they ended up Click here to enlarge nothing wrong, mint man..they do have 40k miles on them but no rattle ever, no issues, no smoking, mint! Good luck buddy
    Yea I miss my RB's Click here to enlarge Felt odd without them. My car is still drivable guys, it's not a total loss yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh, ok. Phew. Can't wait for the info though. Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea I miss my RB's Click here to enlarge Felt odd without them. My car is still drivable guys, it's not a total loss yet.
    Its drivable? Trade that $#@!er in and never look back. Don't even bother fixing the motor!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is, but it has an insanely loud knock/clank. Kinda obvious unless you don't start the car. Again, I'll post videos/photos at a later time.

*edit - the engine runs great actually. Doesn't throw codes and datalogs look good. Feels healthy and strong. Just has the noise which might be minor or it could be a ticking time bomb.
    Last edited by SyndicateGT; 03-16-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like someone is changing their tone.. hope everything works out for all consumers, present and future, not just one..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    wonder what shiv will do if I blew my motor running his tune.... Short of buying me another one I surely wouldn't keep quiet. Click here to enlarge
    LOL at shiv buying you a new anything
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi guys,

Before too much mis-information gets tossed around on here (and the other forum for that matter). I'm keeping quiet for a while longer as Shiv threatened to sue me if I opened my mouth. More to come in a few days.....but it's definately not a rod bearing at the moment.
    WTF....haha on what grounds can he sue you. Defamation? For stating facts...not likely
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like someone is changing their tone...
    I never said I had a blown engine, there were a lot of rumors on here that I wanted to stop. Work is still being done and investigated. I'll post back once I know more facts (vs guesses).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This information should be front page stuff!!

Short of Shiv paying for damages (highly unlikely) there is nothing that should prevent SyndicateGT from spilling the beans. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    LOL at shiv buying you a new anything
    Hed say my car was broken to begin with and laugh at my misfortune. Click here to enlarge

Hmm how odd that my car hasn't had a single powertrain related item go bad yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Hed say my car was broken to begin with and laugh at my misfortune. Click here to enlarge

Hmm how odd that my car hasn't had a single powertrain related item go bad yet.
    Sounds like this forum could right Shiv's personality profile to a T w/o even an interview.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So we went: spun bearing > blown motor > loud knock > runs great

Did he pay you off?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like this forum could right Shiv's personality profile to a T w/o even an interview.
    It helps when we've met him. He's not too bad in person but with 15 years in the business he still hasn't learned the fine art of communicating on a public forum. Maybe we could suggest a remedial ESL class for him?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oh man, this is better than a spanish soap opera..hope that SyndicateGT comes outta this thing ok..haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dfv2 Click here to enlarge
    So we went: spun bearing > blown motor > loud knock > runs great

Did he pay you off?
    No but some large Persian looking dudes just paid me a visit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WTF? Hope you wont continue putting up with the threats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What? Click here to enlarge to do what exactly, landscape your back yard?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    WTF? Hope you wont continue putting up with the threats.
    I'm just kidding guys. Shiv knows all about this thread (and a few others). There are no threats of being sued, NDA's, etc.

Facts are simple. Neither mods or (me) pushing the car hard caused any issues, unless the dealer beat on it which I cannot prove. I brought the car in to the dealer for a rough idle to have the intake valves cleaned. They called me letting me know the car has a knock now, then denied their work caused any of the issues. I recently dropped the oil pan and replaced a rod bearing, as the dealer insisted that was the issue. The old bearing, rod, and crank all looked good. The car is still making the sound, but further investigation is leading back towards the dealer causing some sort of damage to the valves or lifters. This is all I know so far until the head is removed, which might not even be done because I'm trying to sell the car and disclosing the known issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow this thread got off topic. I'm guilty of that I guess... but my point was just that you said you got a good look at the engine and that it was very much aluminum, so I figured you would be able to answer the question is forged or not.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just kidding guys. Shiv knows all about this thread (and a few others). There are no threats of being sued, NDA's, etc.

Facts are simple. Neither mods or (me) pushing the car hard caused any issues, unless the dealer beat on it which I cannot prove. I brought the car in to the dealer for a rough idle to have the intake valves cleaned. They called me letting me know the car has a knock now, then denied their work caused any of the issues. I recently dropped the oil pan and replaced a rod bearing, as the dealer insisted that was the issue. The old bearing, rod, and crank all looked good. The car is still making the sound, but further investigation is leading back towards the dealer causing some sort of damage to the valves or lifters. This is all I know so far until the head is removed, which might not even be done because I'm trying to sell the car and disclosing the known issues.
    WTF should've kept this going! It was fun! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast